EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-14-2010, 12:50 PM)Pingutino Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2010, 12:39 PM)Darth1701 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2010, 12:28 PM)Trildar Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2010, 04:40 PM)Pingutino Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to extract all at3 files without playing the whole game? I have already extraccted the pmf files and i have decoded the audio of the pmf files. The opening has music now =) Media Engine is Great thx to devs

JaederNaub seems to work for extracting most if not all the at3 files. You can use it in conjunction with Hyakki's tools from this thread: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1160 to rename the files and delete the unnecessary ones.

Actually there is a extractor for the BBS0.DAT (where all the AT3 files are located) and the BBS4.DAT (where the PMFs are) available, just search the net. Convertie would work when decoding on PC but I'm no fan of that. Best solution would be a small program that creates a COMMAND.TXT for JPCSPConnector to use. With Renamer the output files should get the proper filename. This should work in theory but I have not the time to test it (and create a small program for making the COMMAND.TXT file).

I found the extractor for BBS0.DAT but it stops working after extracting some files. The files work (with convertie) but you need the command.txt for Jpcsp connector . You're right.
Hmmm.... The Renamer seems not to work correctly... I found the opneing in BBS0.DAT (BBS0-File0001.pmf) if I use renamer it got the name "movie" and a folder called "Mpeg-48156672". I decoded it with convertie but it does not work in the game. The folder should be called "Mpeg-25864192" because I used the extraction option of Jpcsp before ( no success = the extracted opening is only a 1mb file ! It must be 47mb but the name of the folder was correct ) . After I renamed the folder it worked.

Yeah, the extractor stopped after a while for me too. Also, I thought that Renamer created the command.txt?
I think I also have had this happen to me, as for the Jpcsp extraction, it seems to be a bug in one of the revisions where the fake video didn't play, so it doesn't extract all of the video.
Also, the logos at the beginning are messed up, I assume that this is similar to the menu screen bug, following this they seem to be okay in 64 bit for me. (I can't get it to run all the way through to the menu. Going at 10-15 fps and hanging for whatever reason.)
(11-14-2010, 01:26 PM)Trildar Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2010, 04:40 PM)Pingutino Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to extract all at3 files without playing the whole game? I have already extraccted the pmf files and i have decoded the audio of the pmf files. The opening has music now =) Media Engine is Great thx to devs

JaederNaub seems to work for extracting most if not all the at3 files. You can use it in conjunction with Hyakki's tools from this thread: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1160 to rename the files and delete the unnecessary ones.

Actually there is a extractor for the BBS0.DAT (where all the AT3 files are located) and the BBS4.DAT (where the PMFs are) available, just search the net. Convertie would work when decoding on PC but I'm no fan of that. Best solution would be a small program that creates a COMMAND.TXT for JPCSPConnector to use. With Renamer the output files should get the proper filename. This should work in theory but I have not the time to test it (and create a small program for making the COMMAND.TXT file).

I found the extractor for BBS0.DAT but it stops working after extracting some files. The files work (with convertie) but you need the command.txt for Jpcsp connector . You're right.
Hmmm.... The Renamer seems not to work correctly... I found the opneing in BBS0.DAT (BBS0-File0001.pmf) if I use renamer it got the name "movie" and a folder called "Mpeg-48156672". I decoded it with convertie but it does not work in the game. The folder should be called "Mpeg-25864192" because I used the extraction option of Jpcsp before ( no success = the extracted opening is only a 1mb file ! It must be 47mb but the name of the folder was correct ) . After I renamed the folder it worked.

Yeah, the extractor stopped after a while for me too. Also, I thought that Renamer created the command.txt?
I think I also have had this happen to me, as for the Jpcsp extraction, it seems to be a bug in one of the revisions where the fake video didn't play, so it doesn't extract all of the video.
Also, the logos at the beginning are messed up, I assume that this is similar to the menu screen bug, following this they seem to be okay in 64 bit for me. (I can't get it to run all the way through to the menu. Going at 10-15 fps and hanging for whatever reason.)

OK, this is much but:
1) the number can be different because JPCSP and Renamer use different methods in creating the filename but JPCSP can read both filenames.
2) I think Renamer only works for the decoded WAV (sound) & RAW files files so I assume it does not create a COMMAND.TXT because this file is only needed with the original AT3/PMF files, please correct me if I'm wrong, I did not use this utility before.
3) 64-Bit and Media engine does not work AFAIK
4) About the extractors: I have to test this all by myself when I have time (maybe during the week), will give you reports on how this works (if at all)
(11-14-2010, 04:02 PM)Darth1701 Wrote: [ -> ]

OK, this is much but:
1) the number can be different because JPCSP and Renamer use different methods in creating the filename but JPCSP can read both filenames.
2) I think Renamer only works for the decoded WAV (sound) & RAW files files so I assume it does not create a COMMAND.TXT because this file is only needed with the original AT3/PMF files, please correct me if I'm wrong, I did not use this utility before.
4) About the extractors: I have to test this all by myself when I have time (maybe during the week), will give you reports on how this works (if at all)

2: I checked and Renamer does create command.txt for both pmfs and at3s.
3: I already disabled the Media Engine and it plays through using the fake video, but it seems to hang randomly without leaving anything in the console. It seems to usually be stable, so there may be something wrong with my comp at the time I was doing that. (By menu I meant the in-game one with the item, command card options and all that. Sorry if I caused any confusion with that.)
(11-14-2010, 04:19 PM)Trildar Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2010, 04:02 PM)Darth1701 Wrote: [ -> ]

OK, this is much but:

2: I checked and Renamer does create command.txt for both pmfs and at3s.
3: I already disabled the Media Engine and it plays through using the fake video, but it seems to hang randomly without leaving anything in the console. It seems to usually be stable, so there may be something wrong with my comp at the time I was doing that. (By menu I meant the in-game one with the item, command card options and all that. Sorry if I caused any confusion with that.)

2) Yes, you're right. Renamer does exactly what I wanted (at least it says so on its forum entry). Will check on the extractors tomorrow ...
I managed to get to the menu in the 64 bit version, and it does display without the blue part blocking everything.(Out of curiosity, could you think of a reason why 64 bit starting logos and menus seem to render better?)
Also, is it normal for the music to go into a looping noise after a while of playing the music? Additionally, one of the revisions between 1824 and 1837 seemed to have caused some of the opening scenes to become decolored. (I use the Jpcsp builds from EmuCR, in case that's important.) Note: Is it me or does the 64 bit version dislike the savegame system?
I tested the extractor and it seems it works perfectly - for the JAP version! For the US version it does not work (or at least not right). Will have to test JaederNaub tomorrow.
Hello. I am new to this place and all but that's not what I came straight to this thread.

Question is: is there a possibility to get somewhere already a decrypted iso? I don't have PSP...
(11-15-2010, 08:05 PM)ArthurStephen Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I am new to this place and all but that's not what I came straight to this thread.

Question is: is there a possibility to get somewhere already a decrypted iso? I don't have PSP...

NOOO!! This is piracy . You have to buy the game and a psp.
(11-15-2010, 08:23 PM)Pingutino Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2010, 08:05 PM)ArthurStephen Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I am new to this place and all but that's not what I came straight to this thread.

NOOO!! This is piracy . You have to buy the game and a psp.

Wouldn't it theoreticly be fine if one only owned the game?^^
I mean if ur willing to pay for the game, at least let one self decide how to play it, a console or emulator.
Since emulation is legal as long as u own the original game.

And Yeah I know, most of the ppl who say they don't have a psp or something else neither own the game XD but HEY!? It's possible xD
I tested the JAP version (for comparison) with JaederNaub and it failed. JaederNaub extracts about the same amount of data (~ 130 MB) but the file sizes are wrong for the WAV/AT3 files (just rename WAV to AT3 as they are still the AT3 files) so Renamer creates wrong filenames. Furthermore all the PMF files are missing, the first one is only 2 MB big.

So it seems right now there is no practical way to decode the AT3 files in advance (for the US/EUR version).