EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-29-2011, 08:21 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2011, 02:57 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2011, 09:27 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2011, 07:25 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]I've found an unexpected behaviour going on with the async read operation that, by the logs, was affecting this game. Could you please test it again under r2289? Thanks! Smile
Which unexpected behavior? I could not find anything from the log files.
Could you post the corresponding code section?

Apparently, the game proceeds immediatly after calling the sceIoReadAsync syscall to check a certain portion of code that should've been overwritten by the file data. If this area is still uninitialized, the game gets locked in a deadlock.
Only after checking the code the game procceds to call sceIoWaitAsync to get the operation's result.
However, the code checking occurs inside another thread which is called after sceIoReadAsync.

I've provided that change in r2288 as a workaround, but like you stated in the code comments, this is probably a thread sync issue.
I'm currently trying to generate the appropriate compiler and runtime log with ThreadManForUser's activity to see if I can capture this activity.

I'll post it here as soon as possible.
I've reverted the workaround from r2288 in r2298. The duration of the read operation has also been improved to better match the PSP (based on tests on a real PSP: reading 0x10000 bytes takes approx. 4 ms). Hopefully the thread sync issue should be solved now.
Could you test again?

Nice findings, gid! Wink
I can confirm it's working for both the JPN and USA versions of the game. I haven't tested the EUR version of the game, but from Pingutino logs, it seemed to behave differently and hang up also due to a similar thread sync issue at a slightly different stage. It's possible that this may also be solved now.
I am a fresh,I hope we can make friends
When i enable the option 'only ge graphics' some times it betters the fps e some times is better disable that option.
Only GE graphics uses only the video card to generate video? When disabled its like use Software mode?
Why the emulator only uses 20% of my VGA?
I can't get any Max Health cheat to work on Jpcsp. I load the game, when at a boss ( or close ) i open CW Cheat window, put cheat in, click On/Off and try the battle. Cheat ain't working.

Could someone give me a working Max Health cheat for Birth by Sleep Ulus 10505 or explain me how to use mine?
Some cheats don't work in jpcsp.I don't know what cheats will work but you have to copy only the value not the cheat tittle
For example(there is no such code,its an example):
Max level <---- don't copy this
00000x0 740c976 <---copy only this
Hi, im having problems with bbs. I'm having a low fps (about 4~5 for gameplay, but in high res movies i have fps above 35) i have a pc with:
Intel core i5 2.27 ghz
3 gb ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450 with 1 gb video
windows 7 64bits(although im using jpcsp for 32 bits, i've read it works better for the emulation)
jpcsp r2303 for windows 32 bits

and i wanna know if the problem is my graphic card, or if i've configurated my jpcsp wrong. Can you guys help me?
Hello, I'm a new member so if I do something wrong please let me know.

I've tried getting Birth By Sleep to work on several different revisions. The furthest I've gotten is on r2310. I get a decent enough speed and I've made it up to when the player is first introduced to Aqua and Terra and they exchange good luck charms, however, after that scene the screen goes black like it's frozen but the FPS is still moving (alternates from 33 to 31). It seems people got it to work on r2238 but I run into the same problem, only this time it happens right after selecting a difficulty mode. These are the settings I've been using:

Video:
-Only GE
-enable saving GE screen

Memory:
-Ignore invalid memory access
-ignore unmapped imports (i've tried with/ without this option enabled)

Media:
- use media engine
- decode audio files with sonicstage

Compiler:
- Use compiler
- 100 max. method size

I'd really appreciate it if someone one who got it to work could provide the jpcsp revision they used with the configuration settings.
Hello, I have a different problem and I hope someone can help me. I decrypted the game and it starts smoothly and perfectly but after I pressed new game and chose the difficulty level it doesn't load the game. Just black screen.
It would be nice if someone could help me

regards =)
all of you

let unmarked ALL video options,if it still is slow is you computer. the compiler bla bla bla let in 3.000

download JPCSP launcher, increase the maxgem whatever size to 128mb

run the game, and do not! put it in full screen, this game have problems with it, but its totally playable otherwise

people having black screen, just download a older rev, pass the black screen part and after that import you save to the newest revs, there's another way to do it playing with some options that i don't remember very well