EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I just started looking through all the stuff chessplayerjames has uploaded.
What clearly got my attention is this:
Code:
101543 user_main WARN hle 08BD1D2C Unknown instruction 00000000000000000000000000000001 (0x00000001)

That's from the log posted by Kai3213, based on chessplayerjames' savedata. Right after that, the emulator jumps to a bad address.
Everything points towards a compiler issue, but I'll keep investigating this one until more conclusions can be drawn.
Thanks for all the reports! Smile
(04-22-2011, 07:10 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I just started looking through all the stuff chessplayerjames has uploaded.
What clearly got my attention is this:
Code:
101543 user_main WARN hle 08BD1D2C Unknown instruction 00000000000000000000000000000001 (0x00000001)

That's from the log posted by Kai3213, based on chessplayerjames' savedata. Right after that, the emulator jumps to a bad address.
Everything points towards a compiler issue, but I'll keep investigating this one until more conclusions can be drawn.
Thanks for all the reports! Smile

Thanks for posting Hykem, it's valuable to know that you guys are working on this. Do you guys accept donations by the way? Thanks for all of your help Smile
Yeah thanks Hykem Smile but...

Is that normal in the last 2 versions of jpcsp (2097,2098) this game won't load ? Got the first screen, the logos, but game "hangs" on the intro movie...
(04-22-2011, 07:56 PM)-Kratos- Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah thanks Hykem Smile but...

Is that normal in the last 2 versions of jpcsp (2097,2098) this game won't load ? Got the first screen, the logos, but game "hangs" on the intro movie...

Yeah, I tried that also. Hang. Attached to this message is a log of what I did in the newest build of JPCSP (r2098). Whenever I start the game, it does the memory card stick message, then no data found (I didn't copy any saves over, so that's natural), then the opening logos, then the screen goes black (it's supposed to go black, but not forever) and it stays black indefinitely. Question for you Hykem. Which is more helpful? The video or the .txt of the log? Or are both helpful? It would be nice to know so that I can help you.
@-Kratos- and chessplayerjames:
The "hang" in revs 2097 and 2098 was caused by the changes in sceUtility. Could you please check if it's fixed now in r2099? Thanks!
i'll check that Smile

EDIT : Game is working fine as before Smile but the deep space bug is already here (that's normal, haven't been fixed Smile )

Thank you for that fix
(04-23-2011, 05:08 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]@-Kratos- and chessplayerjames:
The "hang" in revs 2097 and 2098 was caused by the changes in sceUtility. Could you please check if it's fixed now in r2099? Thanks!

Yes, the game works like it did in earlier revisions now. It still doesn't work with Terra's story in Deep Space, but thats ok. I expect it could be fixed later. Attached is a log report of using the NEWEST revision (2099).

EDIT: Attached is a log report of using the NEWEST revision for 3 different errors I got every time when I do a certain part in the game. After extracint the .rar file, you will have 3 .txt files. The first one that says Profiler - Copy is the Deep Space error with Terra. The second one that says Profiler - Copy(2) is when I go to Command Board (messes up with all of the characters every time). The third one that says Profiler - Copy(3) is when I go to the Reports section. Messes up with each character also.

Second EDIT: Also, I don't know if this will show up in the log report, but when I load my game, I start at the save spot. Well, when I go to a save spot, it makes the noise over and over. It's only supposes to make it once. However, it only made that sound once before you added the looping sound ability. I don't know if thats fixable or not without disabling the looping music which is really good.

Third EDIT: Another question, does anybody know which configure settings in JPCSP (without muting the sound and/or music) such as video settings will let JPCSP go faster for Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep?
For the config of Jpcsp, it depends... me, i'm @60fps in cutscenes/movies, @25-30fps in the game (only my character) and @13-20fps during battles... it's fluid.

Anyway, i can go to command board without any problems, and to reports section i don't know, never tryied Smile But Deep Space, everyone have the same bug Smile
(04-23-2011, 11:55 PM)-Kratos- Wrote: [ -> ]For the config of Jpcsp, it depends... me, i'm @60fps in cutscenes/movies, @25-30fps in the game (only my character) and @13-20fps during battles... it's fluid.

Anyway, i can go to command board without any problems, and to reports section i don't know, never tryied Smile But Deep Space, everyone have the same bug Smile

But which config settings do you use to get those results? I don't usually get that high. Also, when you do command board, can you do land of departure board? when I do it, it shows the menu fine for command board, but when I start a command board game for land of departure, insta freeze.
Options checked :

General : unpack PBP when loading, save screen pos.
Video : use vertex cache, use shaders, use a geomerty shader for 2D, enable VAO, Enable saving GE instead of memory, enable decoding of indexed textures.
Memory : Ignore invalid memory access.
Media : Media engine, extract media files to tmp, decode audio with sonicstage
Compiler : Use compiler (3000)

some others checked boxes but no matters :p

Java version : 7 beta 139 (here : http://download.java.net/jdk7/ )
OS 64bits but 32bits for jpcsp version.

and .bat file :

Code:
@echo off
set PATH=%PATH%;lib\;lib\windows-x86\

if NOT EXIST "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64" goto JAVA32
set key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment
goto JAVA

:JAVA32
set key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment

:JAVA
set JAVA_VERSION=
set JAVA_HOME=
for /f "tokens=3* skip=2" %%a in ('reg query "%key%" /v CurrentVersion') do set JAVA_VERSION=%%a
for /f "tokens=2* skip=2" %%a in ('reg query "%key%\%JAVA_VERSION%" /v JavaHome') do set JAVA_HOME=%%b

if not exist "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe" goto JAVAMISSING
echo Running Jpcsp 32bit...
"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -Xincgc -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=5 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:UseSSE=4 -Djava.library.path=lib/windows-x86 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar
goto END

:JAVAMISSING
echo The required version of Java has not been installed or isn't recognized.
echo Go to http://java.sun.com to install the 32bit Java JRE.
pause

:END

Parameters :

Xincgc for better memory management, Xmx for Max RAM allowed, MaxGCPauseMillis to set pause (5ms is good), ParallelGCThreads is number of threads (i've 2, so it's set to 2) and UseSSE to specify preferred version of SSE to use (My CPU can do 4.2 MAX i think, i've set to 4).

PC specs :

CPU Intel 2 Duo @3.2Ghz
NVidia GeForce 275GTX
4GB RAM

principaly... other specs, i don't care.

If you want more precisions, i'lle give you that tomorrow, it's 2:32 am here :p

Bye