EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-06-2012, 06:52 AM)Tingie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys. I'm able to load the game perfectly fine. However, it seems that I can't get past the tutorial. The information bar nor the controls show up. Also, when I enter the mountain area, the ring doesn't show up and I can't advance any further. Any idea what's up? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Are you using the final mix or the normal bbs?
Currently Final Mix.
(03-08-2012, 12:36 AM)Tingie Wrote: [ -> ]Currently Final Mix.

Try using the shader options
This doesn't seem to fix the problem. :/ I also noticed that when I press start, instead of showing commands, it shows a string of " あああああああああああ" only.
Good news!

When I upgraded my software to Catalyst 12.2, almost all my problems were solved with shaders and I'm getting good rates FPS almost always around 30. Using JPCSP rev 2466 AMD 64. Still getting some bugs with shadows sometimes.

Video Config:

(x) Use vertex cache.
(x) Use shaders (experimental)
(x) Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
(x) Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
(x) Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
(x) Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)

PC:

Intel i5 2500
MSI H67MA-E35
Sapphire HD 5830 1GB
4GB RAM
Decided to try an english patched KHBBSFM versus the original iso. The original iso loads fine in the latest rev (information bars and commands show), but the english patched iso only works until rev 2297. Any revs after that seem to have the problem of information bars and missing things. So I'm guessing something changed between 2297 and 2298 caused this?
Async IO: restored the processing of the async read in the async thread (reverted the workaround from r2288).
Improved the compatibility of sceIoReadXXX and sceIoWriteXXX based on PSP tests: the duration of the operation depends on the size of the processed (read or write) data.

This is what says gid had changed in rev 2298 so I'm guessing that jpcsp doesn't read or write the data in the right time
(03-10-2012, 07:39 AM)Tingie Wrote: [ -> ]Decided to try an english patched KHBBSFM versus the original iso. The original iso loads fine in the latest rev (information bars and commands show), but the english patched iso only works until rev 2297. Any revs after that seem to have the problem of information bars and missing things. So I'm guessing something changed between 2297 and 2298 caused this?
Could you post log files for both revision (current revision and r2297)? By comparing both files, I might find something...

Thanks
(03-10-2012, 05:09 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2012, 07:39 AM)Tingie Wrote: [ -> ]Decided to try an english patched KHBBSFM versus the original iso. The original iso loads fine in the latest rev (information bars and commands show), but the english patched iso only works until rev 2297. Any revs after that seem to have the problem of information bars and missing things. So I'm guessing something changed between 2297 and 2298 caused this?
Could you post log files for both revision (current revision and r2297)? By comparing both files, I might find something...

Thanks

Here you go. :] First one is for 2297, second for 2469. Also, rev 2297 seems to have a problem loading the sound during the intro and some cutscenes, but otherwise it loads fine. The current rev 2469 seems to have trouble loading some cutscenes and as mentioned, problems loading the information bar/commands. I ran the game to the second map (the mountain tutorial area) where the ring is located. The ring and information menus load for rev 2297 but not for rev 2469. Also a side note, the most functional rev i've used so far is 2239, if that will make any difference. (2244 also works, but after 2445, the game doesn't load until 2288, I believe)

Thanks!
Well let me first say that I do infact own this game. Usually If i don't make it clear that I have the game, people rage at me, so I'm just saying this now. (But my PSP broke.)
---

Anyway, I've tried COUNTLESS times to get kingdom hearts birth by sleep/ running on jpcsp, but i can't get past the opening video. It never shows up. I've literally waited an hour. and still no sign of the video. I'm on a Mac, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Help? thanks... (also I'm new. tell me if this is the wrong place to post this...)