EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a problem, the game wont run on the latest versions but it runs on the non latest versions. What could be the problem?
Try rev2096, 2097 is not working with this game. Game load but when arrived to the first movie, game stops.
(04-22-2011, 10:11 AM)Vegerunks Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2011, 12:39 AM)Kai3213 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2011, 12:18 AM)chessplayerjames Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2011, 11:27 PM)oliox Wrote: [ -> ]@chessplayerjames

what version of the game do you own? (EU/US)

can you open the report?

did you complete the game with terra?

if so what are the specs of your pc?(mainly the brand of your graphics card)

I have the US version. No, I can't open the report. And now I'm stuck with Terra when I try to do Deep Space. Crud. The specs of my PC are (although you probably aren't interested since I just said no to everything, but I will say anyway):

Processor: Intel Dual Core @2.5ghz per core
RAM: 4gbs of RAM
Video Card: NVidia GEForce 9300GS series.

What's odd is that the game worked better in the Japanese version. How sad, because I like the English version. I got the same error as Kratos did.

Did you install the game?

You can use the Data install on JPCSP games? o.O

You can but from my experience, the game crashed when ever you load a save or start a new game. Thats only for BBS though, I haven't tried other games.
Sorry, you can't Data Install. In the older versions (r1975) you could actually do the Data Install, but it couldn't read the Data, so it had to load from the "UMD Disc." In the newer versions, it will "install" indefinitely, and will neve finish, because it never actually starts, and when you click cancel, it says its undoing what it did, but that will "undo" for eternity. Doesn't work. I have no idea on how to get past the Deep Space world, it hangs whenever I try to get there. I have tried it like 10+ times, and I even tried boss warp to get past that spot with CWCheat. The only problem, after I deafeat the boss, the game just stops for eternity. No can do. Ok, for those of you (including me) that can't get past the first cutscene of the game, that's because the "newest" build doesn't work. Use r1975 if you can. The only problem, is that build doesn't support encrypted save files, so if you have those you are out of luck.

I really want to finish the game Sad

BTW, somebody mentioned changing some number or something in some txt file or something, that will speed it up or something. What does that do and how can I do it? And also, in the config window under the compiler tab, where you change the max performance thing (50-3000 I think), what's the better number?
(04-22-2011, 02:42 PM)chessplayerjames Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, you can't Data Install. In the older versions (r1975) you could actually do the Data Install, but it couldn't read the Data, so it had to load from the "UMD Disc." In the newer versions, it will "install" indefinitely, and will neve finish, because it never actually starts, and when you click cancel, it says its undoing what it did, but that will "undo" for eternity. Doesn't work. I have no idea on how to get past the Deep Space world, it hangs whenever I try to get there. I have tried it like 10+ times, and I even tried boss warp to get past that spot with CWCheat. The only problem, after I deafeat the boss, the game just stops for eternity. No can do. Ok, for those of you (including me) that can't get past the first cutscene of the game, that's because the "newest" build doesn't work. Use r1975 if you can. The only problem, is that build doesn't support encrypted save files, so if you have those you are out of luck.

BTW, somebody mentioned changing some number or something in some txt file or something, that will speed it up or something. What does that do and how can I do it? And also, in the config window under the compiler tab, where you change the max performance thing (50-3000 I think), what's the better number?

Could you post your save file? I would like to test this for myself.
(04-22-2011, 02:49 PM)Kai3213 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2011, 02:42 PM)chessplayerjames Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, you can't Data Install. In the older versions (r1975) you could actually do the Data Install, but it couldn't read the Data, so it had to load from the "UMD Disc." In the newer versions, it will "install" indefinitely, and will neve finish, because it never actually starts, and when you click cancel, it says its undoing what it did, but that will "undo" for eternity. Doesn't work. I have no idea on how to get past the Deep Space world, it hangs whenever I try to get there. I have tried it like 10+ times, and I even tried boss warp to get past that spot with CWCheat. The only problem, after I deafeat the boss, the game just stops for eternity. No can do. Ok, for those of you (including me) that can't get past the first cutscene of the game, that's because the "newest" build doesn't work. Use r1975 if you can. The only problem, is that build doesn't support encrypted save files, so if you have those you are out of luck.

Could you post your save file? I would like to test this for myself.

I'm sorry to sound stupid, but which save file? The one right before Deep Space with Terra?

EDIT: Ok, I included the Deep Space Saves. The one that uses more memory (155.63 kbs, and its save 93) is the encrypted one and the one that uses 86.4 kbs and is save 92, is the unencrypted one (encrypted one was with that option selected in JPCSP Crypto Tab.). I have tested this on many of the builds, but no luck. I tried the newest one, 1975, 1875, and 1771. Sadly, they all get the same problem (except 1771, it can't even get past the red memory stick screen). Whenever I get past the cutscene of Deep Space, either the little Run, Pause, Reset icons change from Run to Pause, and clicking Run 100 times doesn't work, or, it shows me this long error in the black log screen thingy, and it won't go anywhere. Hopefully this can get fixed in future builds. What I hate is that the Japanese version worked just fine right there! And so did the command board.
Ok, if you want to get past Terra's Deep Space, fool around with CWCheat. Maybe somebody can get past this error. As I mentioned, I have tried to use boss warp to get past this (Experiment 221), but after I defeat the boss, the game freezes for eternity. I also tried that battle against the unversed in that room with the cells where you are locked up. Eternal freeeeeeze. If anybody can find a way around this, then please feel free to post it. That would be sweet!
Yep, just like you described. Same results with both saves.
Is it possible that the devs will somehow create a new build that will override this error?
Yep, possible, but we must ask to them...
(04-22-2011, 06:36 PM)-Kratos- Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, possible, but we must ask to them...

I just asked them in a new thread. Cross your fingers.