EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-20-2011, 09:54 AM)consume Wrote: [ -> ]I got the game to boot, but right after this part the screen stays black and I can't get any further. What should I do?

that scene works fine here, are you using the latest revision?
(12-20-2011, 10:15 AM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2011, 09:54 AM)consume Wrote: [ -> ]I got the game to boot, but right after this part the screen stays black and I can't get any further. What should I do?

Yup, i downloaded 2413 from here : http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
(12-20-2011, 10:25 AM)consume Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2011, 10:15 AM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]

Yup, i downloaded 2413 from here : http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
I tested in r2412 & 2413 too.
perhaps you need to re-decrypt the pgd files.
you could also just try setting these options
shaders, enable saving ge to textures, and set the compiler size to 500, if it still fails post a log on the Info setting, compress and upload the log.html file (found in the jpcsp dir)

he might be getting the same problem i'm having.

the game randomly stops at some points (with black screen), though the next time i try it goes past the crash point and works for a while longer, until it breaks at another moment/scene. the same scene will be passed normally on yet another try, so it looks more like some sort of loading problem than corrupted data.

also stencil test, which is needed to fix the texture/shadow/sprite corruption causes some graphical glitches like half of the screen being turned into some stretched line.
I believe I can be of some assistance here. Between revision 2099 and 2100, JPCSP lost the ability to play decrypted Birth by Sleep Final Mix. It was either because they "reworked anti-aliasing support and screen resolution management" or because they "improved module state handling in ModuleMgrForUser". I'd suggest just using r2099.
(12-22-2011, 03:35 AM)Toa of Mirrors Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I can be of some assistance here. Between revision 2099 and 2100, JPCSP lost the ability to play decrypted Birth by Sleep Final Mix. It was either because they "reworked anti-aliasing support and screen resolution management" or because they "improved module state handling in ModuleMgrForUser". I'd suggest just using r2099.

Under the Crypto tab try and uncheck "Extract original PGD files to the TMP folder", it should get around any crashes when decrypting. (r2413+)
I'm having trouble emulating this game on my PC as well. I am trying to run the decrypted ISO through JCPSP r2413. I have the ISO located in the umdimages folder, where I load the UMD from. This seems to work fine, but when I finally click Run, all I get is a black screen. I have left it running for nearly twenty minutes at a time, and it stays at 1 fps without showing any signs of it working. Could it possibly be an incorrect setting in the configurations or something? I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs, ~2.6GHz), 4096 MBs of RAM, and an ATi Radeon HD 5570 graphics card.
(12-22-2011, 03:38 AM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2011, 03:35 AM)Toa of Mirrors Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I can be of some assistance here. Between revision 2099 and 2100, JPCSP lost the ability to play decrypted Birth by Sleep Final Mix. It was either because they "reworked anti-aliasing support and screen resolution management" or because they "improved module state handling in ModuleMgrForUser". I'd suggest just using r2099.

Under the Crypto tab try and uncheck "Extract original PGD files to the TMP folder", it should get around any crashes when decrypting. (r2413+)
Yes, but you get "Critical Error: Your display format is not compatible with Jpcsp or the anti-aliasing settings is not supported by your display" whenever you try to run Crypto mode, and all my saves are in Crypto mode. Is there any way to convert the saves?
(12-22-2011, 03:56 AM)Eggball Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having trouble emulating this game on my PC as well. I am trying to run the decrypted ISO through JCPSP r2413. I have the ISO located in the umdimages folder, where I load the UMD from. This seems to work fine, but when I finally click Run, all I get is a black screen. I have left it running for nearly twenty minutes at a time, and it stays at 1 fps without showing any signs of it working. Could it possibly be an incorrect setting in the configurations or something? I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs, ~2.6GHz), 4096 MBs of RAM, and an ATi Radeon HD 5570 graphics card.

So no one has any idea what might be causing this issue? I'm also on Windows 7 32-bit if that helps at all. I read somewhere that nVidia graphics cards are more compatible with JPCSP, but there has to be some form of a workaround for me, right?
Anyone know How to increase the FPS on jpcsp2413? everything is running fine just need to increase the FPS. Thanks.