EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-21-2011, 02:57 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2011, 09:27 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2011, 07:25 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]I've found an unexpected behaviour going on with the async read operation that, by the logs, was affecting this game. Could you please test it again under r2289? Thanks! Smile
Which unexpected behavior? I could not find anything from the log files.
Could you post the corresponding code section?

Apparently, the game proceeds immediatly after calling the sceIoReadAsync syscall to check a certain portion of code that should've been overwritten by the file data. If this area is still uninitialized, the game gets locked in a deadlock.
Only after checking the code the game procceds to call sceIoWaitAsync to get the operation's result.
However, the code checking occurs inside another thread which is called after sceIoReadAsync.

I've provided that change in r2288 as a workaround, but like you stated in the code comments, this is probably a thread sync issue.
I'm currently trying to generate the appropriate compiler and runtime log with ThreadManForUser's activity to see if I can capture this activity.

I'll post it here as soon as possible.

(08-20-2011, 09:43 PM)Pingutino Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2011, 08:58 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2011, 08:41 PM)Pingutino Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2011, 07:32 PM)MaXiMu Wrote: [ -> ]Hykem

Thanks for you hard work The problem is solved now Smile

Thank you for your work Hykem =)

I've just tested the new revision. Loading a savegame is not possible. And starting a new game causes the same error message and the game got stuck.

Here is my log-file (INFO):

Code:
hleIoOpen filename = ms0:/PSP/SAVEDATA/ULES01441DATA/BBS1.DAT flags = 40000001 permissions = 00

Ah, looks like you've used the "Data Install" feature. Could you please try to delete those files? It seems that the game saved the decrypted version in a SAVEDATA folder (ULES01441DATA) but it's trying to load them as encrypted again. Huh
Now it just get stuck after i choose the savegame. And if I try to start a new game the game get stuck after some cutcenes
Here my two log files.

Hmm, odd...
Nothing suspicious on the INFO logs. I suspect this only happens with the PAL version of the game (ULES01441).
Could you please post a DEBUG log up to when you start a new game? You can load and run the game at INFO level and then switch to DEBUG when you start a new game, right before it gets locked. Thanks! Smile

Here is my DEBUG log =)
I have the same error as pingutino in the American version(ULUS10505)
In the console appears the message

Running Jpcsp 32bit...
java.lang.RuntimeException: Method code too large!

Edited,it was a long message
Method code to large is beucase the Compiler 1000-3000 in the new Asm library. on 2261 is a problematic issue with some games.

I recomended 50-500 for now
Okay so I was trying out the newest rev and I was deck options and I notice I still had color on 32. Which is weird because I never leave it on 32 to save power. So I put it to 16 and I got a 3 fps boost. So give it a shot. Can't say it works for everyone. I'm using nvidia atm.
Hello. i Started playing BBS on Jpcsp today, but encountered a few problems.

- When clicking play it takes ages to load the game. (Like 5 min)

- Upto Leaving the first world (Only played so far atm) i have all sound/music except the opening ''Simple and Clean'' Which plays without sound.

Also, what are the optimal settings for max FPS? Currently not using anything.

R2289
(08-23-2011, 07:13 AM)Dotmore Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. i Started playing BBS on Jpcsp today, but encountered a few problems.

- Upto Leaving the first world (Only played so far atm) i have all sound/music except the opening ''Simple and Clean'' Which plays without sound.

R2289

Have you installed sonicstage?if not install it and in options>media tab check use media engine and decode audio with sonicstage
then go on video and check only ge to screen and enable saving ge to textures

beanclr:I tried what you said but in a integrated intel video card it doesn't give any boost(maybe I don't see the difference)
(08-23-2011, 11:43 AM)virgil94 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2011, 07:13 AM)Dotmore Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. i Started playing BBS on Jpcsp today, but encountered a few problems.

R2289

Have you installed sonicstage?if not install it and in options>media tab check use media engine and decode audio with sonicstage

beanclr:I tried what you said but in a integrated intel video card it doesn't give any boost(maybe I don't see the difference)

Sonic Stage Installed. What do both the GE's do?
They make the game look a little better and it gives a tiny boost,also you can hear better the intro
(08-23-2011, 11:43 AM)virgil94 Wrote: [ -> ]

R2289

Its a regression, the emulator does not call sonic stage to decode the mpegtrak unless it already exists.
http://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/issues/detail?id=266
(08-21-2011, 02:57 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2011, 09:27 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2011, 07:25 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]I've found an unexpected behaviour going on with the async read operation that, by the logs, was affecting this game. Could you please test it again under r2289? Thanks! Smile
Which unexpected behavior? I could not find anything from the log files.
Could you post the corresponding code section?

Apparently, the game proceeds immediatly after calling the sceIoReadAsync syscall to check a certain portion of code that should've been overwritten by the file data. If this area is still uninitialized, the game gets locked in a deadlock.
Only after checking the code the game procceds to call sceIoWaitAsync to get the operation's result.
However, the code checking occurs inside another thread which is called after sceIoReadAsync.

I've provided that change in r2288 as a workaround, but like you stated in the code comments, this is probably a thread sync issue.
I'm currently trying to generate the appropriate compiler and runtime log with ThreadManForUser's activity to see if I can capture this activity.

I'll post it here as soon as possible.
I've reverted the workaround from r2288 in r2298. The duration of the read operation has also been improved to better match the PSP (based on tests on a real PSP: reading 0x10000 bytes takes approx. 4 ms). Hopefully the thread sync issue should be solved now.
Could you test again?