EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-03-2010, 07:39 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]Could everybody please check r1878? The delay issue is probably fixed now and, hopefully, the background sounds should be back too. Also, now it may be possible to hear even more sound effects (objects moving in cutscenes, certain characters' footsteps), so, if you notice any new sounds, please report them either for this or other games, since it may help on improving the SAS implementation.

Two games have problem with r1878. Valkyrie Chronicles 2 and Spectral Souls. Some sound effects keep repeating themselves. Valkyrie Chronicles 2 seems broken. Black screen when you begin a new game or load from save file, with the sound the game makes when you select those options stuck in a loop. Sorry wish I could make a video for you but that's the best i can do to describe it. Other than those two all the other games i have sound great with more sound now.
(12-04-2010, 01:53 AM)elpan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2010, 07:39 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]Could everybody please check r1878? The delay issue is probably fixed now and, hopefully, the background sounds should be back too. Also, now it may be possible to hear even more sound effects (objects moving in cutscenes, certain characters' footsteps), so, if you notice any new sounds, please report them either for this or other games, since it may help on improving the SAS implementation.

two games have problem with r1878. Valkyrie Chronicles 2 and Spectral Souls. some sound effects keep repeating themselves. Valkyrie Chronicles 2 seems broken. black screen when you begin a new game or load from save file, with the sound the game makes when you select those options stuck in a loop. sorry wish i could make a video for you but that's the best i can do. other than those two all the other games i have sound great with more sound now.

Not only those games but also dissidia and KHR Battle arena 2 and pretty much all of them.
You might also want to move/backup/delete out any old decoded files you might have to avoid conflicts.
There were a few games I tested with looping sound issues besides the ones above, star ocean (loops square enix voice on intro)

The good news is Crisis Core sounds almost perfect now, along with some other games I tested ie: (Hexyz Force, battlezone)
(12-04-2010, 05:32 AM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]You might also want to move/backup/delete out any old decoded files you might have to avoid conflicts.
There were a few games I tested with looping sound issues besides the ones above, star ocean (loops square enix voice on intro)

The good news is Crisis Core sounds almost perfect now, along with some other games I tested ie: (Hexyz Force, battlezone)

Persona 3 is another game which the some sounds repeat over and over again Tongue
ok i've got it running but wheres the audio? or how do you turn on the audio? i can't hear any sound unless someone has a config example i could borrow from.
Are the looping sounds any better? Turns out, the loop mode doesn't work exactly like expected...
r1881
looping seems a little better in crisis core (although some audio still randomly loops 2 or 3 times).
I also noticed some sounds like "Activating combat mode", "conflict resolved", "modulating phase" ..etc, don't play or randomly play
I'm now having a problem with the start of chapter 10(the escape). After the ending of 9 and the picture of zack tifa seph, I saved then tried to continue but the screen is black and won't progress. I opened logger there is nothing there I could even press start in the game to pause it but unpaused it's just a black screen. It's been running like that for along while now. I'm using r1881 but tried r1800 on this problem too.
ok question if i may i'm having a small problem. the game plays fine but locks up/freezes at a particular part of the beginning of the game. during a mission zack and angel fmv something about a dumbapple. i'm using the 0.6 1772 ati radeon hd 5400 4gig ram 1 gig vid memory
(12-04-2010, 11:26 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]Are the looping sounds any better? Turns out, the loop mode doesn't work exactly like expected...

yeah for the two games I reported. there is some improvements. Valkyrie Chronicles 2 is working again.
the sound effect when your walking on the grass and water loops a bit.
to get back on topic of this thread I'll be getting my Crisis Core back soon. I'll join the testing for that game. ATI card user though.