This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336
(11-25-2010, 06:16 AM)DarkCloud Wrote:
(11-24-2010, 06:18 PM)Kai3213 Wrote:
(11-24-2010, 02:18 PM)DarkCloud Wrote: Yeppeieeeee......Big Grin just got jpcsp svn 1870 and FFCC is running like a charm. (both graphics and sound)
I guess i spoke too soon. Now the game just black screen of deaths me after i press new game.

I'm using the same build and when I press new game it works perfectly fine. I can see the intro and hear sound and everything. I must be your settings, don't use vertex cache, for me messes up most games.

Still not working.. Could post your other settings as well?

Scratch that, I noticed your using an Ati card. Ati cards and this emulator don't go well together.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

(11-23-2010, 09:33 PM)Darth1701 Wrote: @Butz_san: As to the error: Try a older revision, r1870 or older to test if you have the same error there too.

I finally past that part, I just use revision 1800, I think that the issue has something to do with the audio decoding, because, it freeze after a video (in revision 1873), but well, now I'm using revision 1873 until I got a new problem xDDD
People in videogames are blind

Dark Devils Translations team
always decode new at3 files... i had tht when fighing a "friend" before junon
I feel its a double post but posting results of r1874
The speed was prev 10-11 fps on r1855 when stable but this gave me 12-13fps which is noticeable too and sometimes spikes to 15fps
well done coding

EDIT: Tried it on the faster ATI computer with shaders (though i couldnt see the char)
prev it gave 15fps stable but with this rev, it was 19-20 fps... thts 25-35% fps increase
marvelous work once again

EDIT: A problem with doing Aerith's limit break as the game closes just before the cutscene showing zack doing the special move

EDIT: lol tht was a really fast update, should have waited
r1876 works... BEAUTIFULLY!! I can even hear sounds/music in video which i couldnt hear prev, simply marvelous!
i wonder if 1875 fixes the crash... let me check

EVEN MORE EDITS: I got an error in the console when i just came in contact with a boss monster during one of the missions
attached and maybe i can say tht java was using 1.2gb ram when the freeze occured as i have got 4gb

PS - The speed and sound makes the emu just amazing even with the freezing
well done once again (sorry if i am "overposting")

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

r1877 :
Since a long time, I can finally pass the first fight and the game is a bit more playable (with ati card) but MediaEngine is really crappy.
I check only mediaengine (and nothing else for test).
23 minutes to play the first video of crisis core (very loooowwwwwww), incomprehensible sounds (there is a noise and after 1 or 2 secondes that takes the next "voice" because of laf between video and sounds).
And finally, a lot of background sounds disappeared.

For info, my previously version was the 1873 and I give 2 giga RAM at jpcsp to works on my laptop.
(12-02-2010, 12:05 AM)theball Wrote: r1877 :
Since a long time, I can finally pass the first fight and the game is a bit more playable (with ati card) but MediaEngine is really crappy.
23 minutes to play the first video of crisis core (very loooowwwwwww), incomprehensible sounds (there is a noise and after 1 or 2 secondes that takes the next "voice" because of laf between video and sounds).

For info, my previously version was the 1873 and I give 2 giga RAM at jpcsp to works on my laptop.

I noticed that too in rev 1877. Something must have gone wrong with the decoder function since rev 1876 worked extremely well.

Edit: It's also a problem in other games to where the sounds are repeating over and over and the background music is incomprehensible even without the media engine and decoder thing turned off.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

(12-02-2010, 04:25 AM)Kai3213 Wrote:
(12-02-2010, 12:05 AM)theball Wrote: r1877 :

I noticed that too in rev 1877. Something must have gone wrong with the decoder function since rev 1876 worked extremely well.

Edit: It's also a problem in other games to where the sounds are repeating over and over and the background music is incomprehensible even without the media engine and decoder thing turned off.

Oops. Sorry about that. I've accidentaly added an extra "0" to the intended SAS core delay. Going to commit a fix as soon as possible. Tongue

EDIT: Nevermind. I've tried the same tests with a more clean sample program, and it appears that the most accurate delay to expect from the audio driver is around 2500~7500 (apparently, it depends on the kind of library being used in combination with SAS). So, it seems that around 5000 should be the best value for the delay, which is half of the intended previous value.
new vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vznn81iOuA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bPx_iLRWO8
Could everybody please check r1878? The delay issue is probably fixed now and, hopefully, the background sounds should be back too. Also, now it may be possible to hear even more sound effects (objects moving in cutscenes, certain characters' footsteps), so, if you notice any new sounds, please report them either for this or other games, since it may help on improving the SAS implementation.
new vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVSWTfH0iw