EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
great work hykem... these days i seriously believe the fixes are coming in very intelligently, good experience i guess
considering elgatoapo's situation... could it be so hyakki tht the emu cannot work correctly with quad pcs?
(06-28-2010, 11:08 AM)shakirmole Wrote: [ -> ]great work hykem... these days i seriously believe the fixes are coming in very intelligently, good experience i guess
considering elgatoapo's situation... could it be so hyakki tht the emu cannot work correctly with quad pcs?

not sure its probably more of a java problem then it is Jpcsp, also iv never been a big fan of amd so I'm not familiar on how they run Smile
anyways it seems alot of emulators have problems with quadcores since most can only take advantage of 2 cores, so in the end you will end up with a little slower emulation on quadcore then you would with a dualcore cpu.

I cant really say for sure on Java since i'm not sure how well it supports multicore cpu's and if it would even take advantage of it in jpcsp. (dualcore cpu's might not even be fully initialized).
I would assume it has some kind of dualcore support though, if not it would degrade the performance of a quad-core even more.

only other thing i could suggest is make sure all drivers are up to date and any un-needed programs/services are closed/disabled to minimize cpu / ram usage while running jpcsp. check anti-alias and other graphic card control panel settings that could effect speed.
WOW!!! this game is probably the most anticipated game in PSP XD . Great work !!!
(06-28-2010, 11:33 PM)akimikage Wrote: [ -> ]WOW!!! this game is probably the most anticipated game in PSP XD . Great work !!!

This and Birth by Sleep [encrypted]
Hi all
Ive tried 3 revs now and the game works on all of them but for some reason i am getting a constant 5 fps using (using rev 1633 now) during game play. for movies im getting 25-30 fps though. ive updated all my pcs drivers but i think its to do with my cpu.

pc specs;
intel core 2 quad q9400 (2.67 ghz)
4 gigs ddr2 ram (800mhz)
hd4870
and running windows 7 32-bit.

Thanx to all the developers who have been working hard on this, keep up the great work!!
o and after the behemoth fight the display goes all weird, audio works fine though (decoded)
in your task manager right click java.exe and click set affinity
over there choose only cpu 0 and cpu 1 and untick the rest... then see if u can get any speed up

by the way hykem i get garbled display with shaders on for ATI i think in some areas like tbefore but not on my nvidia card... i get great speed in normal areas which is 20FPS=40FPS

EDIT: I just found something strange... maybe its just me
when i started the emu normally, i went ingame and got 7FPS stable... i then set the affinity to one processor and got the same speed. I then changed the affinity at that very moment to two processors and got 3-4 FPS increase (ie. 6-8FPS increase!). Maybe someone can confirm this including u pawner)
EDIT2: Nah, it was only me... but pawner remove the ticks from CPU 2 and CPU 3 and check for any speed difference
(06-29-2010, 09:05 PM)shakirmole Wrote: [ -> ]in your task manager right click java.exe and click set affinity
over there choose only cpu 0 and cpu 1 and untick the rest... then see if u can get any speed up

by the way hykem i get garbled display with shaders on for ATI i think in some areas like tbefore but not on my nvidia card... i get great speed in normal areas which is 20FPS=40FPS

EDIT: I just found something strange... maybe its just me
when i started the emu normally, i went ingame and got 7FPS stable... i then set the affinity to one processor and got the same speed. I then changed the affinity at that very moment to two processors and got 3-4 FPS increase (ie. 6-8FPS increase!). Maybe someone can confirm this including u pawner)
EDIT2: Nah, it was only me... but pawner remove the ticks from CPU 2 and CPU 3 and check for any speed difference

Ok i tried that but still no increase or decrease in fps, but while im fighting behemoth i get about 14 fps constant. after you get to the first save point though the game goes a bit strange. take a look at the screeny (ive tried turning shaders on and off)
umm xcuse me but after the behemoth fight and the vid my game hangs although i can press start button and i see the pause it doesn't go to the save screen.and i think its only with me as i think that others are getting past the screen with buggy display.
14 is quite good (ie 28/60 while 30 is normal)... the graphics problem according to my speculations is related to graphics card. Are u using ATI? i have much more garbage with the ATI Radeon on laptop