EmuNewz Network

Full Version: STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Hi Guys,

I'm new and just love this game however i'm still having the World Map issues that omidus mentioned, i get about 10-14 fps regardless of different graphical settings.

I've got an i7 860, 12gb RAM and ATI 5870 1GB.

Any help.suggestions would be really appreciated?

Using JPSCP 2540.
This game isnt working very well, at least for me.
It starts with good fps and performance, but 2-3 hours game play later it lags and freezes with out of memory error messages (it wasnt playable after the pirates hideout because of the freezes at save points or screen change in 5-15 min. intervals).
It says:
Exception in thread "Java2D Disposer" Exception in thread "ps_main"
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughhtExceptionHandler in thread "ps_main"
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughhtExceptionHandler in thread "Java2D Disposer"

What does it means?. Is it my system or jpcsp?.
I played it with the 64bit version of jpcsp, tested with 2497, 2540 and 2552 and they all got the performance problems and out of memory errors after certain time of play (shaders, saving GE screen to Texture and color mask were on).
I had no such problems with Tales of eternia or Crisis Core FF VII.
Made a new video showing various stages of the game, and some of the current problems (like the video/audio sync).

Current Issues
videos are out of sync the audio plays faster then the video.
Color Mask (needed to show the characters in the towns) can really stress the video card on the games world map, causing the GPU load to 90-100%, though you can quickly go to jpcsp's configuration and turn this off temporarily while outside of towns.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsrd1c_star-ocean
(08-12-2012, 12:09 AM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]Color Mask (needed to show the characters in the towns) can really stress the video card on the games world map, causing the GPU load to 90-100%, though you can quickly go to jpcsp's configuration and turn this off temporarily while outside of towns.
How does the software rendering perform? On accuracy and speed?

Thank you!
Software mode works pretty good a few glitches in some textures (lines), most places run full speed, but in the towns/dungeons characters are invisible.
Software Mode.
[attachment=9316][attachment=9317][attachment=9318]
videos are out of sync in software mode too Smile

--
Hardware mode,
Color Mask (characters are visible in the towns, speed hit on worldmap)
[attachment=9323][attachment=9325]
Color Mask off. (characters are invisible in the towns, no speed hit on woldmap)
[attachment=9324][attachment=9326]

stencil test is another alternative to color mask but that causes even a worse speed hit on the wold map down to 1-10 fps Smile
(08-12-2012, 08:41 AM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]Software mode works pretty good a few glitches in some textures (lines), most places run full speed, but in the towns/dungeons characters are invisible.
I fixed a problem with color masks in the software renderer. Could you check again with r2686?

Thank you!
(08-13-2012, 03:35 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2012, 08:41 AM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]Software mode works pretty good a few glitches in some textures (lines), most places run full speed, but in the towns/dungeons characters are invisible.
I fixed a problem with color masks in the software renderer. Could you check again with r2686?

Thank you!

r2686,
Software render with color mask unfortunately no change in the towns, characters are invisible (or partly invisible depending on the location)

[attachment=9333][attachment=9334]

[attachment=9335] < if you look closely you can see the feet of the character by my mouse cursor, and can see half a person at the blue and white stand..
(08-13-2012, 08:43 PM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]r2686,
Software render with color mask unfortunately no change in the towns, characters are invisible (or partly invisible depending on the location)
After further testing with 3DStudio, I've fixed an issue with the stencil test in r2687. Could you check with the software rendering if this game is improved by the fix?

Thank you!
(08-14-2012, 02:01 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2012, 08:43 PM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]r2686,
After further testing with 3DStudio, I've fixed an issue with the stencil test in r2687. Could you check with the software rendering if this game is improved by the fix?

Thank you!
r2687
Great fix, looks near perfect in software render now, even in the towns the characters are properly hidden behind walls, before the walls would be see-through/transparent when characters were behind them, (that problem still pressies in hardware mode though).
[attachment=9346]

There are some tiny 'holes' in the characters but you really have to zoom in the image to see them, or use a higher window size like 3x or 2x for them to become more noticeable
[attachment=9348]

Screenshots
Software mode
[attachment=9344][attachment=9345][attachment=9347]
(note: it looks like it doesn't even need stencil test or color mask enabled in the options when using software mode, the result is the same)

I'm decided to try r2687 on a AMD FX-6200 with a Radeon HD7950, and when I try to use software rendering model I get a black screen after the video plays.

Do you want a log? if so how would I about getting one for you?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21