EmuNewz Network

Full Version: STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(10-03-2012, 01:28 PM)sum2012 Wrote: [ -> ]To hyakki
OMGZ only work in win 32 bit in current rev(2758) Big Grin
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=84938
This prove 32 bit and 64 bit have good and bad side

That's likely because of the media engine, 32 bit jpcsp uses the newer xuggle 5, where 64bit uses an older xuggle 3, some people had problems with v5 in the 64bit build so it had to be reverted Smile
I have no idea why this game only works right in 64bit it's a mystery Smile

but yeah each has goods and bad, I think the 32bit might actually be faster but I still prefer the 64bit just because of the extra memory it can use
(10-03-2012, 10:45 AM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]software render has some bugs where certain graphical effects cause the screen to go black and the only way to restore is to restart the emulator.

Black screen is random,I dont think it has anything to do with software render-I got it few times when not using software render.
However,it always seem to happen as soon as you start the game in hardware render-main menu is not visible,nor the rest of the game if you start it that way
Any work done to fix the sprites not showing in 32bit ver?
Not that I know of, it seems like it'd be a pretty hard bug to track down, I've completed the game in 64bit though.
Besides for the sprite problem with 32bit, this game can runs out of memory pretty easy and with the 2~3gb memory limits of 32bit OS even if it worked it could probably never handle the memory requirements without crashing every 15 minutes.(esp if you use the game menus alot)
64bit + -xmx set at around 5gb can keep it going for hours
Dear Lord, now Star Ocean First Departure has Media Engine by default in Linux Big Grin, I'm running Debian Wheezy x64 and it's getting better and better the emulation of this game, now there are no errors so far Smile and I've read that the windows version is improving also Tongue
Hello everyone,

i am trying to play this game using the version 2810 but i encountered some problems on the long run. Basically randomly the game freeze (mainly when i go into shops on the towns) or the black screen from entering/exiting certain ares like towns or dungeon doesn't go away altought i can hear the sounds of the menu and such.

This force me many times to save every cutscene or to redo things over and over which is frustrating. Is it normal for everyone or somebody has some hint to make this problem go away or be less frequent? If is that so could you please post a screen of which option you enabled/disabled on the video config of the emulator, or which version is the best to play Star Ocean.

Thanks
You do use 64 bit jpcsp,right ?
If so edit the bat file ( the one you use to start the emulator ) find -xmx line and change numbers from 1024 to higher,depending on how much memory you have.
Yes i use the 64 bit version and i have 16 giga of ram but i am really clueless of how to change that file. If it doesn't bother you could you post a guide of how to do that? Thanks
Just right click on it,click edit,then find -Xmx1024m and change it for example -Xmx8192m
That way instead of only 1gb, jpcsp will use 8gb of your ram,which shouldnt be a problem since you have 16gb
I tryed but it keep freezing, i don't know why. On the video settings i just enabled "Shaders" and "Color Mask". Maybe i need to abilitate something else
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21