EmuNewz Network

Full Version: STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
looks like the 64bit version only, when I tried with 32bit the character kept falling through the map | disappears at certain parts, but with 64bit it can get past these parts, up until where i tested to (the mountain path)

32bit (the camera starts to pan down when the character disappears)
[attachment=7603]

64bit (looks good)
[attachment=7604]
Some of the problems are fixed and I get good fps in towns and battle but when I go to the world map I get 7-8 fps. Does this happen to everyone?? Can I fix it somehow??
(12-16-2011, 12:37 AM)guidodi Wrote: [ -> ]Some of the problems are fixed and I get good fps in towns and battle but when I go to the world map I get 7-8 fps. Does this happen to everyone?? Can I fix it somehow??

what are your computer specs?
you could try these settings (Note!: the Color Mask option is VERY GPU dependent so you will need a really strong video card to process it I suggest running it in window mode when on the world map., this is a required option too for the characters to be visible.)

(btw with the latest revision you can change most video settings on the fly so experiment and find the best setting for your pc)
(12-15-2011, 10:29 PM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]looks like the 64bit version only, when I tried with 32bit the character kept falling through the map | disappears at certain parts, but with 64bit it can get past these parts, up until where i tested to (the mountain path)

32bit (the camera starts to pan down when the character disappears)

64bit (looks good)

I think gid might be asking about second evolution too,I would check but I dont have that game
(12-16-2011, 12:37 AM)guidodi Wrote: [ -> ]Some of the problems are fixed and I get good fps in towns and battle but when I go to the world map I get 7-8 fps. Does this happen to everyone?? Can I fix it somehow??

If you have been reading the thread and enabled color mask,then yes when running fullscreen you should be getting 10-15 fps ( thats what I am getting with 460 gtx )
Solution is to run the game windowed,then it works fine 30-50 fps on the world map.
Disabling color mask fixed the slowness in fullscreen on world map,but then in towns characters are invisible
Sorry, my spec are:
Intel Core i5
Motherboard - Intel Cold Lake DH67CL
8gb ram
Geforce GTS 250 1GB

I am using svn_2394 playing in windowed mode, I get around 75 fps in town and around 20 in the world map, if I unchek color mask its faster but the character becomes invisible in towns.

The options I have checked are:

Use shaders and Color Mask.
(12-21-2011, 04:08 AM)guidodi Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, my spec are:
Intel Core i5
Motherboard - Intel Cold Lake DH67CL
8gb ram
Geforce GTS 250 1GB

I am using svn_2394 playing in windowed mode, I get around 75 fps in town and around 20 in the world map, if I unchek color mask its faster but the character becomes invisible in towns.

The options I have checked are:

Use shaders and Color Mask.

Check other options which usually give speed boost such as vertex cache and saving ge screen to textures. Also dont resize window
I tried the settings Hyakki posted and sometimes I get 10 fps and sometimes I get 40 in the world map, with the same options checked.
I am using windows 7 64-bit and I don't have any other programs running. I really don t understand what's happening... but at least the game is playable.
the latest build 2439 seems to have broken star ocean fd, the game would just stop working after about 5 minutes. I tried different settings doesn't seem to make a difference.
(01-05-2012, 02:52 AM)omidus Wrote: [ -> ]the latest build 2439 seems to have broken star ocean fd, the game would just stop working after about 5 minutes. I tried different settings doesn't seem to make a difference.

Edit
yeah it seems to crash(black screen) when accessing certain menus now after being in the game for awhile, might of been a fluke thing ill try to reproduce it.

Edit 2
fixed in r2440
the game is working pretty well so far now, other than some of the cut scenes having their voice off sync.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21