EmuNewz Network

Full Version: STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(11-07-2012, 08:43 PM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2012, 07:32 PM)Scruffybaby! Wrote: [ -> ]I use 64bit version btw. Here are some screens of my game and settings. Maybe it's a hardware issue? As you can see certain things show up.

Yeah something definitely looks wrong with your display try these settings.

No luck. Even with those settings enabled I still can only see certain objects. Notice when software rendering is off and most npcs are invisible the kid near the bottom is visible and when I stand next to him I become visible as well. When I go into certain towns the same thing happens. I become visible near the bottom of the screen just for an instant, then disappear as soon as I move away from the area (usually near the entrance). I'm assuming it must be my rig as it's ancient. Thanks for all the advice.
[attachment=10710]
[attachment=10711]
[attachment=10712]
[attachment=10713]
What are your system specs,you never mentioned it ? If its ancient pc as you said,thats probably the problem.
Only running on a core 2 duo @ 1.86ghz, 3gb of ram and a geforce 6600.
Well geforce 6600 is your problem,it really is ancient.
It doesn't even support latest opengl versions,and that is what jpcsp is using.
No suprise you have problems. Probably this wont be the only game where you encounter graphic issues.
If this is not a laptop,I would recommend you upgrade the graphic card. Even the cheapest one is going to be a lot better then the one you have now
Yea I have had it for some time now, bought it at best buy years ago. Surprised I got half of the games I own to actually work. I'll upgrade asap, until then I'll just play as is. Thanks for all the help, I should have mentioned my specs earlier to save you time.
Is there a way to use the SaveState and LoadState without crashing the whole emulator?
If you mean not using in game saves,but saving with emulator ( save/load snapshot ) thats still buggy and you shouldn't use it.
Just use normal saves like you would on a psp.
Yeah i meant that. I managed to make them work but they are limited. You cannot load them back if you turn off the emulator, but you can load them during the game, however you must be in the same room (probably the change of texture make it crash). I used it to have more success with the pickpocketing.
(11-09-2012, 06:13 PM)crono86 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah i meant that. I managed to make them work but they are limited. You cannot load them back if you turn off the emulator, but you can load them during the game, however you must be in the same room (probably the change of texture make it crash). I used it to have more success with the pickpocketing.

I used it when I first started playing on the 32bit version. The game wouldn't let me progress past the first mountain area but if I saved a snapshot then immediately loaded it I was able to move on. When I started experiencing random battle black screens and saving a snapshot was too risky I just used a "save anywhere" cheat. Saved me a lot of time. Sucks being half way through a dungeon and it crashes. It would sometimes crash from saving but I assume it's my comps fault and the fact I was saving after every battle.
I use software rendering, everything work great. However, when I enter and exit weapon shop, I can't see or move my character at all. Playing on 32bit version.

Just try with Shader + Color Mask, work great, but same thing happen with weapon shop exit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21