EmuNewz Network

Full Version: STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Thanks for the reply! I will give it a go and see what happens.

Edit: Gave it a go with software rendering turned off and it worked, the only issue is I can't see my character no matter what other settings I have on. The best thing I can think of doing is opening the options and ticking it off right before the area where I encounter an issue then putting it back on. Thanks again for the advice, I can finally advance further.
(11-04-2012, 07:18 PM)digiadventures Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2012, 07:03 PM)crono86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2012, 04:47 PM)digiadventures Wrote: [ -> ]Ok,I have solved the problem Smile
Just increase -XX:MaxPermSize too,for example to 8192m.
I didnt mention it before this is first game I see this has any effect.

I did already but it changed nothing.

Are you sure ?
I just tested your saves,first increased xmx like I suggested to you.
Then tried entering/exiting menu...got a crash after about 10 times.
Tried it couple of times,usually crashes after 10-15 times entering/exiting the menu.

Then increased maxpermsize and it fixed the problem to me.
Tried entering/exiting menu like 50 times no crash everything is fine.
These are my settings now,copy them and try :
-Xmx4096m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m

I just tried entering/exiting menu so far,so test that.
Maybe other issues are not the same

It works, thanks a lot, i never changed the maxpermsize, just the xmx and xss, so when i copyed and pasted your it worked without crashing anymore.

@Scruffybaby!

Try to use my version and this settings, it works fine for me, sometimes some white stripes on the maps but really playble

http://puu.sh/1mvGL
Ok will try and see what happens, thanks.

-It's so odd, No matter what I do I can't get my characters to appear along with certain items in the menu unless software rendering is on. The game plays perfectly with it off, so far no freezes or black screens but as consequence I can't see my pc, npc, and treasure chests in towns or dungeons and as stated above certain menu items regardless of where I am, they just appear as black. If someone could help me with a way to enable software rendering without all the crashes (can post a log if needed) it would be greatly appreciated. Will keep messing with it, thanks.
Unfortunately i don't think you can manage the software rendering, because i had found a way to make it see npc and chests but later on the game it just crashed. So i moved on with color mask. What version are you using?
Using 2830 atm, but have used multiple versions since 2772. I will download some others and see what happens when messing with the options.
Look at these two pics.
[Image: nCb4v.jpg]
[Image: LEPS1.jpg]
One pic is of the options,other one is how the game should look.
Are you saying that with these options you cant get the game to look like in my screenshot ?
Pics are of the older version when software rendering wasn't even implemented,but nothing has changed.
Btw this game only works on the 64bit version of Jpcsp, it will break in 32bit no matter what settings are used.
hyakki you should add to the first post it needs XX:MaxPermSize increased.
I tested this extensively,game will crash within minutes with default value,if certain actions are performed.
If its increased enough,it will never crash ( not even after hours of playing like you reported )
It needs about atleast 4gb of XX:MaxPermSize to never crash,so unless user has atleast 8gb of ram its imposible for game to never crash.
But increasing it no metter how much helps.
I use 64bit version btw. Here are some screens of my game and settings. Maybe it's a hardware issue? As you can see certain things show up.
[attachment=10703]
[attachment=10704]
[attachment=10705]
[attachment=10706]
(11-07-2012, 07:32 PM)Scruffybaby! Wrote: [ -> ]I use 64bit version btw. Here are some screens of my game and settings. Maybe it's a hardware issue? As you can see certain things show up.

Yeah something definitely looks wrong with your display try these settings.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21