EmuNewz Network

Full Version: STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Exactly how and when it keeps freezing ? If you enter something wrong in the bat file,emulator will not work it will display error.
Or do you mean you changed xmx correctly and it keeps freezing in game when you enter town shop etc ?
Try enabling saving ge screens to textures too.
Also make sure maximum method size is set to default value of 3000.
Also,try changing other stuff in bat file for example change -Xss2m to -Xss8m
Basically it gives me an error saying something like "thread on ps_main" or "thread on GUI", not sure what it means.

The freezing happens usually when i am at the shopping or if i enter into a room/city/dungeon too much. The black screen that happens during the load of a different room will not go away, however if i open the menu i can hear the sound, it's like the game is not frozen but i can't see anything.

I will add the Saving ge and change the Xss2 to Xss8, the rest was already enabled as default.

Thanks

Edit:

Enabling the Saving Ge to texture stop the game from running smoothly

Edit2:

After i changed Xss2m to Xss8m i still recieve the same error which is:

Exception in thread ps_main
Exception: java_lang.outofmemoryError thrown from the uncaughtExceptionHnalder in thread ps_main
You are still running out of memory..are you sure you changed xmx properly ? ( double check it should be -xmx8192m )
Try to increase it even further...what ever value you want try 10000
This is the line of the bat that i changed.

if not exist "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe" goto JAVAMISSING
echo Running Jpcsp 64bit...
"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -Xmx8192m -Xss8m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m -Djava.library.path=lib/windows-amd64 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar %*
goto END

I think it's all correct i just replaced 1024 with 8192 and ss2 with ss8

Yeah that correct..well I just tried exiting/entering the first city for 10 times,then tried the same for a shop in town..no freeze for me..
whats the fastest way to repoduce this error ?
Also,what is your system spec ?
Well i am doing the imitation trick, which is the fast way to get FOL (on the old snes version), so i am just reproducing many silver trumpets with the magic camera. After around 60-80 magic film the game freeze and that message of error pop up.

My specs are:

QuadCore Intel Core i7-3820, 3700 MHz (37 x 100)
M/B Asus Rampage IV Extreme (1 PCI-E x1, 5 PCI-E x16, 8 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
Chipset Intel Patsburg X79, Intel Sandy Bridge-E
16 Giga Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2048 MB)

Windows 7 home edition 64 bit

I also use a SSD of 130 Giga as main disk where i put the emulator and the game to run it as fast as it can.
(10-30-2012, 03:27 PM)crono86 Wrote: [ -> ]Well i am doing the imitation trick, which is the fast way to get FOL (on the old snes version), so i am just reproducing many silver trumpets with the magic camera. After around 60-80 magic film the game freeze and that message of error pop up.

My specs are:

QuadCore Intel Core i7-3820, 3700 MHz (37 x 100)
M/B Asus Rampage IV Extreme (1 PCI-E x1, 5 PCI-E x16, 8 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
Chipset Intel Patsburg X79, Intel Sandy Bridge-E
16 Giga Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2048 MB)

Windows 7 home edition 64 bit

I also use a SSD of 130 Giga as main disk where i put the emulator and the game to run it as fast as it can.

Make sure you are running Java 7,
also do you have the system pagefile enabled? usually 8gb for the -xmx value should prevent it from running out of memory for awhile, after you made the change are you sure it was the same error?

make sure Vertex Cache is disabled since it is un-nessasary for this game and will cause more ram consumption.
I am running java 7.

I don't know what is the pagefile, where can i see if it's enabled or not?

And yeah it's the same error, i raised the ram to 12.000 but i still get this error-

I have no clue where to see if Vertex Cache is enabled or not.
If I'm not mistaken I believe hyakki is referring to the page file in advanced system properties. Let someone know if you don't know how to find it or what to do. As far as vertex cache it is in options>config>video tab and near the top.
On a side note I've been having some issues myself. I started SO:FD on jpcsp version 2772 and was playing it perfectly with very seldom crashes, updating to new builds as they came out and upgrading java accordingly. Not sure which it is but after upgrading above build 2800 AND visiting purgatorium I have been getting crashes left and right. Now I am at mt. eck. and can't leave. Between the save point and the entrance I either get into a battle which makes it crash (black screen) or I make it through the battle only to have it give me a black screen as I try to leave and re enter the world map. Have downgraded java and jpcsp builds with no luck and changed multiple settings. If anyone thinks they can help let me know and I will post system specs and an appropriate log. Thanks
I can't get any sound in this and I am using the latest build. Well, I mean, I get sound, but it's kinda broken...and no sound in cutscenes at all.

My character is also invisible. Using the settings in the first post.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21