EmuNewz Network

Full Version: STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
The one thing that I believe isn't mentioned in the first post settings is that in order for characters to be visible you need to enable the "Use software rendering" option, it might be mentioned but it's late and don't feel like double checking Undecided I noticed that in the cut scenes the audio is off by a few seconds and a lot of times during game play (especially battles) it takes on an odd synthesized echo-y type sound. Hope that helps some.
Mkilbride and Scruffybaby are you sure you are using settings from first post ? Maybe you didnt scroll or something,because enabling "color mask" should make characters visible.
You can use software rendering too,I think its actually better because world map is faster when fullscreen.

Mkilbride,did you install sonic stage and enabled decoding of music with it in media settings ?

Scruffybaby! try to not use software rendering for your other problem when you get stuck
No don't use software rendering.

The invisible char thing can be fixed by using "shaders" and "color mask" togheter with the latest version.

If you do use the software rendering it fix the char too, but it randomly bugs the screen of a normal combat scenario. I got kinda stuck on the pirate map where at a certain point the screen was all yellow (like the torches on the map) and i couldn't see anything even after the battle was over.

Using this 2 settings allows you to run the game smootly, my only problem is the infinite crash that makes the game unplayble unless you have a lot of patience to save every 2 minutes and repeat all the battles or the cutescenes in case you forgot
crono86 didnt you say game only crash when you use some trick to get money ?
Or does it crash even if you dont do that ?
You can upload your save somewhere and then tell me exactly where to go and what to do and I can test it,if you want
It crash always but it crash more often if you do things that changes the screen. For example entering a lot of times into a house/map/town, or just going into the menu screen.

Also when you craft, analyze, imitate, compound, the game makes a sorta of glowing effect and then it says if you failed/succeded. This thing make the game crash, like freeze or just black screen.

Also when i do battles, i can substain just couple dozen of them, after that i notice that the game is going to crash because i start losing FPS, however i can't do much unless i am in a world map so this issue is frustrating only in the dungeons.

I uploaded my saves here

http://depositfiles.com/files/9klow6b1u

you may try to see if it freeze doing the things that i listed above. If it doesn't i appreciate if you post what kind of version are you using and every non default settings you may have applyed.

Thanks
Ok,I have solved the problem Smile
Just increase -XX:MaxPermSize too,for example to 8192m.
I didnt mention it before this is first game I see this has any effect.
(11-04-2012, 10:55 AM)digiadventures Wrote: [ -> ]Mkilbride and Scruffybaby are you sure you are using settings from first post ? Maybe you didnt scroll or something,because enabling "color mask" should make characters visible.
You can use software rendering too,I think its actually better because world map is faster when fullscreen.

Mkilbride,did you install sonic stage and enabled decoding of music with it in media settings ?

Scruffybaby! try to not use software rendering for your other problem when you get stuck

Uh, sorry, not doing that SonyStage bit. I have a bunch of codecs installed for other things already, not throwing some adware into the mix.
(11-04-2012, 05:02 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2012, 10:55 AM)digiadventures Wrote: [ -> ]Mkilbride and Scruffybaby are you sure you are using settings from first post ? Maybe you didnt scroll or something,because enabling "color mask" should make characters visible.

Uh, sorry, not doing that SonyStage bit. I have a bunch of codecs installed for other things already, not throwing some adware into the mix.

You are not going to have sound in a lot of games without it
Its program made by Sony,not adware
(11-04-2012, 04:47 PM)digiadventures Wrote: [ -> ]Ok,I have solved the problem Smile

I did already but it changed nothing.
(11-04-2012, 07:03 PM)crono86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2012, 04:47 PM)digiadventures Wrote: [ -> ]Ok,I have solved the problem Smile

I did already but it changed nothing.

Are you sure ?
I just tested your saves,first increased xmx like I suggested to you.
Then tried entering/exiting menu...got a crash after about 10 times.
Tried it couple of times,usually crashes after 10-15 times entering/exiting the menu.

Then increased maxpermsize and it fixed the problem to me.
Tried entering/exiting menu like 50 times no crash everything is fine.
These are my settings now,copy them and try :
-Xmx4096m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m

I just tried entering/exiting menu so far,so test that.
Maybe other issues are not the same
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21