EmuNewz Network

Full Version: STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
r2340
just an update since its been awhile since last test, game still has problems, movies out of sync, invisible characters (I noticed when stencil test is enabled resizing the window will sometimes make some characters appear and other disappear.., stencil test also breaks the world map in newer revisions @ 1 fps Smile)

sometimes the screen has these black diagonal lines going through it also.
Stencil test should be disabled,and color mask enabled for characters to display properly.
Game seems playble with these settings,but there seems to be main core/logic bug - sometimes when exiting some shops ( weapon shop ) or entering town from world map game will just become unplayble - main controlable character will be missing,but this is not just video bug-as he can't be moved anywhere ( I make sure he is not just missing )
Its basically game freeze / stuck.
I played for almost an hour and game is still playable,as you dont have to enter the weapon shop and there is two exits in first town-if you take another one game usually doesnt freeze
But I am pretty sure later in game this will happen somewhere where it wont be avoidable and that will be it
I posted the log.
Nice find, tested and the characters do show up, but the game ultimately completely stops up at the mountain path (think its a fall through bug), also on the world map when climbing elevation (mountain behind the town the character will become invisible again, just have to blindly navigate).
[attachment=7450][attachment=7451]

other major bugs are as you said the fall through map bug is still in certain parts so far I detected them at the weapon shop, Defence force HQ, the town exit by roddicks house.,
The second towns second exit (when going to the mountain) or returning this way.
(sometimes they are avoidable or random, setting compiler to 3000 helps a little.)

mountain path (unavoidable)
[attachment=7452]

minor bugs
Can see the characters through walls.
Random battles on the mountain when on the world map, the sprites positions are off , looks like you're attacking air so far it seems to happen only at this spot.
[attachment=7449]
I managed to find a workaround which makes game playable-this needs to be tested more.
When game get stuck with "fall through" bug as you call it,once game is loaded again snapshot ( emulator saving ) needs to be made before entering area which freezes the game. When area is entered,game will freeze as usual. Then,snapshot needs to be loaded and once your enter the area again,no freeze you can continue playing. I tested this in all problematic spots and it worked
(11-08-2011, 09:03 PM)digiadventures Wrote: [ -> ]Stencil test should be disabled,and color mask enabled for characters to display properly.
Game seems playble with these settings,but there seems to be main core/logic bug - sometimes when exiting some shops ( weapon shop ) or entering town from world map game will just become unplayble - main controlable character will be missing,but this is not just video bug-as he can't be moved anywhere ( I make sure he is not just missing )
I played for almost an hour and game is still playable,as you dont have to enter the weapon shop and there is two exits in first town-if you take another one game usually doesnt freeze
But I am pretty sure later in game this will happen somewhere where it wont be avoidable and that will be it
I posted the log.
can you post a screen with these settings? i use for this revision, but character sprites still not visible.
[attachment=7562][attachment=7563]
(11-08-2011, 09:03 PM)digiadventures Wrote: [ -> ]Stencil test should be disabled,and color mask enabled for characters to display properly.
I posted the log.
can you post a screen with these settings? i use for this revision, but character sprites still not visible.

[/quote]

Sure
thanks ^__^
Using 64 bit version of emulator completely fixes this game - it doesnt get stuck when entering town or new locations anymore-it should be moved to playable sections I dont see any issue with this with 64 bit version of jpcsp
yeah looks fixed now, star ocean second evolution is also fixed in the latest revisions Smile
(12-15-2011, 09:41 PM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]yeah looks fixed now, star ocean second evolution is also fixed in the latest revisions Smile
Only in the 64 bit version or also in the 32 bit one?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21