EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - ULES01505
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
For some reason, left/right is read as up/down for bravery attacks. It's the only part where I had control problems with. I just adjusted to it after a few battles, not sure if it's any different when using a keyboard since I'm using a PS2 controller via Joy2Key.

Also, managed to change my -xmx size to 512mb without any adverse side effects (also set max compiler size to 100) and I now get 20~ FPS on the world map. However, the only stages where I've been able to consistently get 30 FPS are still only Lunar and Pandemonium Top Floor.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4b3YQxiW7U[/youtube]

It's actually getting to the point where I prefer to play this game on JPCSP (despite the minor graphical glitches still present) when it comes to quick offline battles.
Planet core is also a very fast map. I can only get 5-12 average. My pc sucks so that's no big shocker. Also I have to use vertex or I only get 5-6. And don't get me started on world maps and gates. The game runs way faster with shaders but I can't see a thing because of all the texture tearing.
(07-06-2011, 03:33 AM)Exertim Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, left/right is read as up/down for bravery attacks. It's the only part where I had control problems with. I just adjusted to it after a few battles, not sure if it's any different when using a keyboard since I'm using a PS2 controller via Joy2Key.

Okay, good to know I'm not the only one.

Quote:Also, managed to change my -xmx size to 512mb without any adverse side effects (also set max compiler size to 100) and I now get 20~ FPS on the world map. However, the only stages where I've been able to consistently get 30 FPS are still only Lunar and Pandemonium Top Floor.

That's what I experienced too. With -xmx 512 I can keep vertex cache on without the emulator ever filling up the memory from it and freezing (although I still have to restart when the code cache fills up). Will try max compiler size 100 too.

I'm getting about 15-20 FPS as it is in battles on a "good" map that doesn't lag, on worse ones I can go as low as 10-14 FPS. Can reach full speed on Lunar and Planet Core as well, especially when the action is focused on the edges of the arena (but those 2 maps run very well in overall too). World map FPS varies strangely, some areas have massive fps drops for no reason and others, for instance Yuna's story, run quite well, I think I even reached full speed at one point when playing as Yuna. Cutscenes are the worst fps wise, my fps can dip as low as 3-5 with multiple characters on screen, and that causes dialogue lines to stay on screen for what seems to be an eternity till someone speaks again. Tongue

Pc specs; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4670 1 GB, Windows 7 64 bit

EDIT: Tried the max instruction size 100, and it does give a nice speed boost (only tested in quick battles so far). Some 3-5 FPS gain. It also caused small pauses and slowdown during EX mode bursts for me though, but other than that, everything seemed faster.
(07-06-2011, 09:36 PM)Finzy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2011, 03:33 AM)Exertim Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, left/right is read as up/down for bravery attacks. It's the only part where I had control problems with. I just adjusted to it after a few battles, not sure if it's any different when using a keyboard since I'm using a PS2 controller via Joy2Key.

Okay, good to know I'm not the only one.

Quote:Also, managed to change my -xmx size to 512mb without any adverse side effects (also set max compiler size to 100) and I now get 20~ FPS on the world map. However, the only stages where I've been able to consistently get 30 FPS are still only Lunar and Pandemonium Top Floor.

That's what I experienced too. With -xmx 512 I can keep vertex cache on without the emulator ever filling up the memory from it and freezing (although I still have to restart when the code cache fills up). Will try max compiler size 100 too.

I'm getting about 15-20 FPS as it is in battles on a "good" map that doesn't lag, on worse ones I can go as low as 10-14 FPS. Can reach full speed on Lunar and Planet Core as well, especially when the action is focused on the edges of the arena (but those 2 maps run very well in overall too). World map FPS varies strangely, some areas have massive fps drops for no reason and others, for instance Yuna's story, run quite well, I think I even reached full speed at one point when playing as Yuna. Cutscenes are the worst fps wise, my fps can dip as low as 3-5 with multiple characters on screen, and that causes dialogue lines to stay on screen for what seems to be an eternity till someone speaks again. Tongue

Pc specs; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4670 1 GB, Windows 7 64 bit

EDIT: Tried the max instruction size 100, and it does give a nice speed boost (only tested in quick battles so far). Some 3-5 FPS gain. It also caused small pauses and slowdown during EX mode bursts for me though, but other than that, everything seemed faster.

well we do fairly the same in this game, the old dissidia was better in terms of FPS performance. so you mean the lesser the max compiler size the better? i set mine to 3000, so it would be better if it was 100 then? on other settings, i turned off all shaders coz it causes my texture to go missing at times, only have GE only and GE textures on. i dont have vertex on coz experience dictates that it really slows the game pretty bad, dunno why it makes your game faster, will try with this game.
THERE WERE A PROBLEM WITH DISSIDIA 012 WHEN THE STORY REACH TIFA PART...
IT ALWAY HAVE AN ERROR
SOMEONE KNOW A SOLUTION?
Is the "OutOfMemoryError: PermGem space" problem solved by r2212?
gid i played 2hours in yuna chapter...,completed 2 dungeons

the speed improved, and i have not encountered the error Smile,i will try play more too see if i find it
after a couple of battles the game freezes and some "exceptions" start appearing inthe batch window :S does anyone have the same problem?
(07-23-2011, 01:39 PM)DPassos92 Wrote: [ -> ]after a couple of battles the game freezes and some "exceptions" start appearing inthe batch window :S does anyone have the same problem?
Which exceptions?
Please also include a log file (see my signature).

Thanks!
(07-23-2011, 01:44 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2011, 01:39 PM)DPassos92 Wrote: [ -> ]after a couple of battles the game freezes and some "exceptions" start appearing inthe batch window :S does anyone have the same problem?
Which exceptions?
Please also include a log file (see my signature).

Thanks!

i've also uploaded 2 batch window screenshots Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26