This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
dialog text works for me but the battle menus and options menu don't
i have a ATI Radeon HD5670 with 12.10 drivers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-01-2012, 05:57 AM)hyakki Wrote:
(10-31-2012, 10:17 PM)digiadventures Wrote: I am not sure what exactly is supposed to be fixed ( can somebody elaborate ? ) but game still cant be played with saving ge screens enabled at the same time as stencil patch or color mask.

You don't need to enable 'stencil test' or 'color mask' anymore with that change (resulting in speedups), the dialog text and battle menus will work fine without those options now, and you can use Save GE screen to textures if you want..

Thanks for clarification Smile I can confirm everything works on my nvidia 460 gtx without stencil test or color mask enabled

(11-01-2012, 07:49 AM)nash67 Wrote: dialog text works for me but the battle menus and options menu don't
i have a ATI Radeon HD5670 with 12.10 drivers

Could you try un-checking all the options in the Video section including shaders to see if it helps ATI

(11-01-2012, 12:02 PM)digiadventures Wrote: Thanks for clarification Smile I can confirm everything works on my nvidia 460 gtx without stencil test or color mask enabled

Yeah mostly everything works great, a little later in the game when you can use summons it does get a slow down though when using those effects (this is not related to the code change), it's always been slow, esp when using the lightning effect, not really a big deal though since 90% of the game works great Smile

Video to demonstrate *might contain spoilers,
Code:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xurtux_ffiv_videogames
attached log maybe profiler information can help (vertex cache was enabled for the test.)

Attached Files
.zip   Log_r2821(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 156.03 KB / Downloads: 89)
.zip   reset_profiler_info@lightning effect.zip (Size: 102.56 KB / Downloads: 94)
i don't have any options checked in the video section
Nash67 does everything works ok with color mask enabled ? Maybe just ati isnt fixed properly with this change ?
Hyakki can you post a savegame I wanna try to see if I get the slowdown and if I can fix it if I get it
yep with color mask enabled all the text is fixed properly
So the game finally works great (thank you devs!!! <3) takes age to tweak and get everything running okay... but god ALMIGHTY that boss glass-shatter transition pretty much makes the game unplayable Sad Has anyone got any solutions to speed it up, please? Running in software mode is "faster" than not, but it's still unbearably slow -- 2-4fps at best and it can take up to 90s before you get into the fight.

I'm using Build 2821x64 and only have the following options enabled for Video; Use Shaders, Use Geometry Shaders, Enable GE screen saving to Textures. My comp is an i5-2500k (running at 4Ghz) with 8GB-DDR3 and a GTX570. The latest SVNs fixed the text issue and no longer require Stencil/ColourMask options enabled and it's a joy to play now.. I'm getting almost completely full 60 in combat and out-of-combat menus sometimes slow to 40s, but that boss shatter really kills it.

~edit~

For some reason, prolonged play actually starts to IMPROVE the performance during glass shatter. I don't have vertex cache enabled, yet the performance does still get better the longer I play. Now the glass shatter is up to 10fps, even when not in SW mode, so now I no longer have to keep toggling SW mode on and off when getting into a boss fight.
Okay, this sucks Sad I have a new issue and this one truly is game breaking; as soon as I beat Barbariccia in the Tower of Zot, the game crashes. I've tried it on build 2821 and I even dropped back to the old FFIV-CC fallback of build 2535 ... still crashes as soon as the exp/gold tallies come up at the end Sad I think it's something with my save game, would someone please be so kind as to test it for me? Either that, or does anyone have a save fresh from after you beat Barbariccia?

Thank you! Sad

Oh and the GameID is ULUS10560

Attached Files
.rar   SAVEDATA.rar (Size: 211.24 KB / Downloads: 102)
(11-03-2012, 07:37 PM)sabin1981 Wrote: Okay, this sucks Sad I have a new issue and this one truly is game breaking; as soon as I beat Barbariccia in the Tower of Zot, the game crashes. I've tried it on build 2821 and I even dropped back to the old FFIV-CC fallback of build 2535 ... still crashes as soon as the exp/gold tallies come up at the end Sad I think it's something with my save game, would someone please be so kind as to test it for me? Either that, or does anyone have a save fresh from after you beat Barbariccia?

Thank you! Sad

Oh and the GameID is ULUS10560

I tested your save and it seems this game is not playble-it freezes where you describe with many memory errors,even enabling "ignore memory errors" doesnt help,game cant continue.

Has anybody actually gotten past this part ? Has anybody finished this game in jpcsp ?

Maybe it belongs in half-playble section...

Sabin,did you save properly each time using in-game saves ?
You didnt use save snapshot function in emulator,did you ?

I attached the log of the crash..nothing of importance except memory errors

Attached Files
.txt   log - Copy.txt (Size: 38.23 KB / Downloads: 72)
Damn it.. I thought as much. No, I never used snapshot since it causes too many problems - I can't even make a snapshot and load it from that area, instacrash. Thank you very much for trying it anyhow, I appreciate the help even if nothing could be done, now I guess I just have to hope someone has passed that area and still has a save file that they could share with me Smile

Thanks again.