EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - ULUS10509
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I just made a radical settings change from 32 bit to 64 bit JPCSP. I had to because the occasional stuck-up(emulator just stops running) was apparently(possibly?) being caused by memory issues. I figured it out since those RARE times I do get an error report in the console, it always had something to do with running out of memory and "cannot start a new thread". After I did some reading, this was POSSIBLY caused by the 32 bit limit of addressing memory, which 64-bit architecture doesn't have.

I made the switch, tried some otherwordly settings I found here and there(based on some Java articles and forums) and I must say, I am PROUD of what I have. Running at full resolution, full game speed, although it looks like x16 antialiasing either isn't working, or there are some aspects of Peacewalker's programming that are unaffected by how JPCSPs antialiasing works.

I'm uploading a recording in a bit. It'll take a while. It's a 1GB file that runs only for about 2 minutes. If everything goes well for the whole day, I'll post my updated settings and whatnot.

And if I manage to finish the game, or at least I'm convinced my settings are stable halfway thru the game, I'll make a new thread in Commercial and Playable games section, if the devs are okay with it.
(09-12-2012, 01:29 AM)jeremymd Wrote: [ -> ]I'm uploading a recording in a bit. It'll take a while. It's a 1GB file that runs only for about 2 minutes. If everything goes well for the whole day, I'll post my updated settings and whatnot.

And if I manage to finish the game, or at least I'm convinced my settings are stable halfway thru the game, I'll make a new thread in Commercial and Playable games section, if the devs are okay with it.
I am waiting for watch that video Big Grin.

Also, is not necessary open a new thread under "Playable Section"; instead, game will be moved there by moderators as well update on Games List Part 2 where game is listed.

(09-12-2012, 02:21 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: [ -> ]I am waiting for watch that video Big Grin.

Also, is not necessary open a new thread under "Playable Section"; instead, game will be moved there by moderators as well update on Games List Part 2 where game is listed.

I actually uploaded one yesterday, but it wasn't running in full resolution yet, and I let Youtube mess with the lighting so it doesn't look too good, but the speed is... well... i'll let you be the judge. Big Grin

This is running on native resolution:
http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=6MFzUK53UGM

This is running on 1280x1024. You'd need to change the quality of the Youtube player to 720p to appreciate it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjIkABXak...e=youtu.be
When using Compiler Maximum method size <100, game speed is very nice; thanks to @jeremymd for bringing it out because i always use 3000 on compiler method.

Here is a test video i record:
00:00 - 00:29 Tutorial on the beach; not matter what i change, is always that slow.
00:30 - 00:49 Game gets a speed was increasing until it raise a nice boost; it looks like FPS will change according to the world.
01:01 - 01:21 Game reach a very nice speed to consideer the game Playable; however, when i look to the floor instead the world FPS keep constant but when i look to the world FPS goes down a little bit.
01:22 - 02:10 Make your own opinion.

When i have more time i will do a deeper test here because this game definetively looks like playable; FPS is good even when it goes down. The remaining issue here is that on some sectors of some stages FPS goes down under 10 and game becomes slower than the beach tutorial.

EDIT: Lucky for me, this MG does not crash like MGS Portable Ops +.
I deleted my original settings and I posted a complete guide on setting up Peacewalker. It's in a different forum. It was supposed to be for some member but I ended up completing it anyways.

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid111717

@montcer, glad you liked it.

about the intro, actually based on countless trial-and-error, I found that the more you play the game, the faster it gets. I can only imagine why. Maybe java taking its niche in memory and caches on the first few runs then it gets comfortable. Fast enough that one time, I managed to have the intro(the part in the beach with a lot of soldiers practicing) run at FULL speed.

QEDIT: I got carried away and ended up with a 4gb video. NOT GONNA UPLOAD THAT. Obviously this has almost no compression(i'm using fraps). What's the best way to compress the video lossless? Anybody?

Oh yes, and one more IMPORTANT setting I discovered. In jpcsp settings, DISABLE DECODING OF INDEXED TEXTURES. If you play the game full screen with max resolution... beautiful...
hi, i am new at jpcsp and playing mgs peace walker , it is working very well but i have a problem with saving, i can not save the game, give me a message box it says "Save Data does not exist, please insert a memory stick". there is not any error on concole, what can i do ? i use jpcsp release 2732
Are you trying to load a game instead create a new game?

When you create a new game your profile will be created.
yess, it works, thanks
in the game, same stage is sometimes fast sometimes slow working although same configuration in jpcsp, why ?
i think it may be dependent on your hardware.
did you follow the settings I indicated on the other post?

because I only have a core 2 duo. that's like 2.7 ghz only but i can run the game full speed on any map now. although i do have a good gpu(gtx 560 ti) but i don't think it's that big a factor in emulation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14