This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
(05-26-2013, 06:50 PM)pal1000 Wrote: It seams that compatibility of this game has been broken recently. Last build I played with 3154 was working fine, but now with 3167 is screwed up. When attempt to leave Trials Of The Moon to return to Earth the game hangs with black screen and stops with Java error right before the sequence with the outer space view. I attached some logs which might help. After testing a few builds I discovered that build 3164 is the first broken one. As it's author feared he might have broken something, his concern expressed in the build description seams founded.
Is it fixed with r3170?

Thank you for your regression test!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(05-27-2013, 04:50 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(05-26-2013, 06:50 PM)pal1000 Wrote: It seams that compatibility of this game has been broken recently. Last build I played with 3154 was working fine, but now with 3167 is screwed up. When attempt to leave Trials Of The Moon to return to Earth the game hangs with black screen and stops with Java error right before the sequence with the outer space view. I attached some logs which might help. After testing a few builds I discovered that build 3164 is the first broken one. As it's author feared he might have broken something, his concern expressed in the build description seams founded.
Is it fixed with r3170?

Thank you for your regression test!
I tested with r3173 and is working fine.
The sound doesn't seem to work after all I've done in the 3224 build! It worked at 1st but when I tried to repair the save problem, it didn't work again (I only hear sfx)!
(04-14-2013, 05:26 PM)gameguy95 Wrote:
(04-13-2013, 03:30 PM)qhuy2401 Wrote: I think you mean 2957 (as commented before, it was mistaken with 2927 in the main page).
So here is it, you can find it (and other builds) on the official jpcsp.org, just switch between the pages.

And also, r2957 was the lastest stable version that I have tested so far.

But r3090 or above maybe able to save. Since my internet connection and my time is limited (and also my hard drive xD), I suggest that someone please test and post the results if the game's saving could work on those builds.
Quote:Latest svn builds (2927)
[ Posted by shadow on 2013-01-21 11:27:53 ]
Hello again

Here are the latest snapshots of jpcsp. Changes includes improvements speedups , several fixes to a number of modules ,speedups and of course better compatibility

Also don't forget pspudb a tool is being developing from jpcsp , pcsp team and it's a frontend that includes support for all the above emulators.Check it out at : http://www.pspudb.com

And for compatibility you can check the new compatibility site at : http://www.psp-compatibility.com

Here the links:

win32build

http://rapidgator.net/file/72539686/jpcs...86.7z.html

win64

http://rapidgator.net/file/72539541/jpcs...64.7z.html

linux32

http://rapidgator.net/file/72539649/jpcs...86.7z.html

linux64

http://rapidgator.net/file/72539692/jpcs...64.7z.html

macosx

http://rapidgator.net/file/72539682/jpcs...sx.7z.html

I'll try that but I've seen multiple posts saying to use r2490 which doesn't seem to be available on jpcsp.org. the have 2497 and 2486 but not 2490

Build 2957/2927 (whichever it is) worked for me. I tried everything, from the most recent update down to r3009 and the save function wouldn't work no mater how many times i acknowledged the error 0x80110327. With r2957/2927, acknowledge the error a few times and it goes away. Make sure your configuration has "...GE screen..." "enable dynamic shader..." and both "enable the shader..." checked in the video tab, the first three boxes on the media tab, and the first box checked in the crypto tab. I have sonic stage installed properly as per that infamous youtube tutorial but it's not in use when I play, I just have it "just in case" because FF7 crisis core sound wouldn't work without it when I used one of the early 3000 builds...

Keep trying guys/gals, I did and got the FFIV games to work after a while. Download different versions, try different setups, and keep the faith. Thanks qhuy2401 for posting the links to the old builds, that helped solve my issue.
i cant seem to get the most recent builds to play without experiencing massive slow downs. + battle has several side effects. 32bit has text right away but 64bit does not and 64bit acts wonky in battle. tested on 3248. can someone tell me their settings for build# 3248 I have an AMD graphics card. for now I will stick with build #3000 and play on that. I can get it working with only a slight slow down for certain spells. we see if this continues.

also is there a way to go into fullscreen without restarting the emulator. In order to be able to save I had to go back and use build #2957... nothing later allows saves...
Does the game have issues with AMD ATI cards?

Here on my rig:

FX 8320 OC'ed to 4.0ghz
ATI 6870
8GB ram

I can play the game, but i don't have any text in the screen!

Can you help me guys on that?

PS: I was testing in the revision V0.6 3260, and its seems the texts don't work (i see this type of error with another emulator aka ppsspp, and the problem only happens to people with AMD ATI cards).

PS 2:Tested on the version v0.6 2920 and it's seems to work properly now the texts are normal in game, but i don't have BGM. Any help fellas?
You need find out that which version started don't have any text in the screen.Then post log file each (and neweset version) log file.
(06-27-2013, 05:54 AM)donxd Wrote: Does the game have issues with AMD ATI cards?

Here on my rig:

FX 8320 OC'ed to 4.0ghz
ATI 6870
8GB ram

I can play the game, but i don't have any text in the screen!

Can you help me guys on that?

PS: I was testing in the revision V0.6 3260, and its seems the texts don't work (i see this type of error with another emulator aka ppsspp, and the problem only happens to people with AMD ATI cards).

PS 2:Tested on the version v0.6 2920 and it's seems to work properly now the texts are normal in game, but i don't have BGM. Any help fellas?
Yeah, by the time i arrived home from work later this night i just came to the forum page for lazy people like me and downloaded the full version of sonicstage, now the game runs with sound in my rig. And btw now that i have tweaked a bit more the confgs on the emulator the texts finally are visible in revision v0.6-3920.

Also i've been tested and have get the same results to FF3, i think it's a win-win night =)

So you guys and the people who will come here after me can rest assured, it was my mistake.

I think this is it for now.

Thanks for the help o/
Hello guys, having a lot of free time lately I managed to perform a through regression test for this game saving issue which affects only players starting this game from 0. After analyzing a couple of automatic builds providers which include Emunewz, orphis buildbot and EmuCR, I noticed that only EmuCR still holds the builds of r2900 to r2999.
I also tested build 3090 which qhuy2401 stated that might have solved the problem, but he was wrong.
Also, I need to mention that not all revisions were built by EmuCR, they basically built from SVN once per day, and also some builds had already been deleted from their hosting sites.
All this said, I began my test and I managed to narrow it down to revisions between 2971 and 2975, with first one from the interval working (r2971) and the last one (r2975) broken. Revisions 2972, 2973 and 2974 had never built by EmuCR. I also had access to the commits descriptions of all revisions between 2972 to 2975 in the r2975 build download page available here. Note: Only the sendspace mirror is still working for downloading r2975 build. As it can be seen from commits descriptions list, r2974 is the primary suspect of being the first broken build.
For those who want to start a new game all they have to do is to get r2971 build available hrere or an older build from jpcsp.org, play until they can save, then update to the latest build keeping ms0/PSP/SAVEDATA from the old version.
I attached some useful information:
- screenshot of JPCSP 0.6.2971 saving successfully;
-screenshot of JPCSP 0.6.2975 being unable to save;
- a log file from JPCSP 0.6.2975.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   jpcsp-log-info-level.txt (Size: 6.11 KB / Downloads: 73)
Code:
4438 [MyThread-Main] INFO  hle.sceUtility - sceUtilitySavedataInitStart 0x092B8FC0-0x092B95C0: Address 0x092B8FC0, mode=12(FILES), gameName=ULUS10560, saveName=FFIV, fileName=PLAYDATA.4, secureVersion=0, saveNameList=[<>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>]
This function has been improved in r3290. Could you retest?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log