This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
(04-18-2013, 05:09 PM)Hykem Wrote: In a near future it's pretty obvious that PPSSPP will be the emulator of choice for the regular user, but it somewhat saddens me that people will pretty much drop JPCSP and forget all the work that was done to reverse engineer the PSP.

you keep forgetting pspe4all Big Grin
Quote:In a near future it's pretty obvious that PPSSPP will be the emulator of choice for the regular user, but it somewhat saddens me that people will pretty much drop JPCSP and forget all the work that was done to reverse engineer the PSP. Honestly, gid alone managed to find, test and implement features that were pretty much undocumented before.
hey, if all that work is used by other emulators then it won't be forgotten. it'll become an important part of everything else, the foundation for the future of psp emulation. that's hardly something to be sad about.
(04-18-2013, 07:34 PM)shadow Wrote:
(04-18-2013, 05:09 PM)Hykem Wrote: In a near future it's pretty obvious that PPSSPP will be the emulator of choice for the regular user, but it somewhat saddens me that people will pretty much drop JPCSP and forget all the work that was done to reverse engineer the PSP.

you keep forgetting pspe4all Big Grin

No, I remember pspe4all. But we still have a lot of work to do before it can reach the level PPSSPP achieved. Wink

(04-18-2013, 08:32 PM)serio Wrote:
Quote:In a near future it's pretty obvious that PPSSPP will be the emulator of choice for the regular user, but it somewhat saddens me that people will pretty much drop JPCSP and forget all the work that was done to reverse engineer the PSP. Honestly, gid alone managed to find, test and implement features that were pretty much undocumented before.
hey, if all that work is used by other emulators then it won't be forgotten. it'll become an important part of everything else, the foundation for the future of psp emulation. that's hardly something to be sad about.

Indeed. What I meant is that people shouldn't be comparing two things that can complement each other.
If PPSSPP now has a chance to grow quickly thanks to JPCSP's findings, that's great. The same applies to any other emulator or project.
However, in my opinion, people shouldn't be posting "play it on PPSSPP" as a solution. The same applies to the PPSSPP community, "play it on JPCSP" is not a solution.
Obviously, testing the same game in two or more emulators and comparing logs is more than acceptable, in fact, that is what can really help both communities.

Anyway, let's get back to the topic. Please report if any more issues with SAVEDATA are found. Thanks! Smile
Quote:However, in my opinion, people shouldn't be posting "play it on PPSSPP" as a solution. The same applies to the PPSSPP community, "play it on JPCSP" is not a solution.
yeah, been trying to fight that thing, mostly through redirecting all ppsspp talk to the correct forum and locking/deleting threads related to that, since i see those forums more for developing emulators and bugfixing, than having impatient people play games as soon as they can and emulator/fanboy competition.
I will always stick with JPCSP no matter what (unless gid15 or Hykem finish with the project)

I don't think that will happen, especially not in a near future.
Reason for this is that making almost perfect emulator where pretty much all games work without any major issue takes a lot of time and is almost imposible.
So ppsspp will certanly not run 99.999 % games perfectly in the near future.
But, some games which don't work on ppsspp will work on jpcsp, and vica versa.
I think most people will simply use both, they will choose which one to use based on the game they are currently playing
Now we have the SAVEDATA fixed, I'm curious if the autosave feature (Memory Stick) could work?
look like it that r3140 doesnt have save system fixed when im getting same old error from trying, so r2957 is the only ''newest'' version that has working save system correct or is there newer version that works?
It seams that compatibility of this game has been broken recently. Last build I played with 3154 was working fine, but now with 3167 is screwed up. When attempt to leave Trials Of The Moon to return to Earth the game hangs with black screen and stops with Java error right before the sequence with the outer space view. I attached some logs which might help. After testing a few builds I discovered that build 3164 is the first broken one. As it's author feared he might have broken something, his concern expressed in the build description seams founded.

Attached Files
.zip   logs.zip (Size: 1.21 KB / Downloads: 83)
.zip   SAVEDATA.zip (Size: 213.19 KB / Downloads: 95)
como hago para instalar los juegos!!help!!!!