This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Anyone here know of this PS4 emulator?
As already stated that project doesn't have anything relative for emulation just a few definations and string tables . I wouldn't bet on that much Tongue
........OMG Smile
Well yeah I meanted that the progress from before slowed down such as from more commits by that user who did the GUI. He hasn't done any commits in over a week now but he says he's busy on other projects but git says they're 3 contributors on that so maybe not anytime soon but in the future sometime project will improve to a respectable state and maybe others help the emulation progress get to homebrews at least

Thanks
Look, forget about it. They are taking out of their asses. There is not a single line of code in that projects that will emulate any aspect of the ps4. It's fake. Not real. A ps4 emulator is literally impossible unless the console gets hacked, and preferably the complete documentation of the system also gets leaked in one way or another.

The good news is that it is totally doable at this point. But we are not there yet.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
well considering ps4 hardware is very close to a Kavery cpu and a Radeon GCN, I see no big difficulty to emulate it. The situation may look like Wine (Wine Is Not an Emulator), where you could run natively x86 instead of emulating it. Or you could develop a virtual machine. Supposedly they are able to reverse engineer the firmware using IDA pro + Hex-Rays decompiler (x86 -> c), I think it would be less tedious than trying to read PPC or MIPS disassembly source.
Revision 19!! Eight line of code!! Lol xd i hope it's true but i'm very sospicious. .
(03-29-2014, 08:26 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Look, forget about it. They are taking out of their asses. There is not a single line of code in that projects that will emulate any aspect of the ps4. It's fake. Not real. A ps4 emulator is literally impossible unless the console gets hacked, and preferably the complete documentation of the system also gets leaked in one way or another.

The good news is that it is totally doable at this point. But we are not there yet.

Never say never, God could offer them help hand so their progress will get boosted! Tongue

(Yes, pun intended, sorry couldn't help it) Angel
Rpcs3 team, I believe in you, you can do this! Big Grin Heart
(03-30-2014, 01:43 AM)god Wrote: No one can explain where I came from, but I am all of your Creators. May God's fury grant the PS4EMX team a working PS4 emulator before 2019.

Rofl, hey man, that's just too funny. Peace. Big Grin
Rpcs3 team, I believe in you, you can do this! Big Grin Heart
It's exciting though that you often hear that ps4 emulation shouldn't be such a b!tch as ps2 en especially ps3 emulation is. At the other hand, the x86 xbox is still not emulated, although that could be due to lack of interest and documantation that nobody seems to have found.
There is a xbox emulator called cxbx. I have played like 5 ot so games on it, and several play all the way through. Commercial games yes.It is called cxbx, and it loads the Xbox menu screen as well. The issue is with the graphics textures and gpu emulation; some can still try and fix this, it is not hopeless