EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Anyone here know of this PS4 emulator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
https://github.com/ghaststeam/ps4emx

Will any rpcs3 devs maybe work on this emulater?
Considering RPCS3 doesn't even load most commercial games and fully plays exactly 0, I think a Ps4 emulator is a long, long way off.
(03-28-2014, 07:46 PM)twdarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Considering RPCS3 doesn't even load most commercial games and fully plays exactly 0, I think a Ps4 emulator is a long, long way off.

Yeah I know but I just was wondering if anyone here knew of this project. Supposedly they are working on an OpenCL shading parser for the GPU emulating, but one of the devs is sick or something (I think). Just wanted to post news here to see if any rpcs3 team may be interested.
I would hope they continue doing the great work they have been doing on RPCS3 rather than jump to a new, and likely even more futile, project.

Considering hardware probably hasn't progressed enough to run a working PS3 emulator, it'll be a decade before it can emulate a PS4, at least.
Well the more the merrier they say. I will soon do fork and pull requests on ps4emx because I believe it has a future if people truly want it to. Plus I don't think rpcs3 devs would mind a few commits, I will want to add to rpcs3 soon as well.

Many work on multi-projects so if they do not want to it's okay but just saying many can do multi-projects - I am, PCSX2 devs work on some other projects and stuff too.
I'm not suggesting that people can't work on both, since anyone can really work on anything they want. What I'm trying to say is that a PS4 emulator, while certainly a great idea, is almost certainly impossible with todays level of technology. So, really, no matter how far the project gets, it will be limited by hardware for the foreseeable future.
It's absolutely nothing. There is no actual emulation code or anything in that project. Doing a PS4 emu right now is impossible, for a lot more reasons than just the performance of it. At the very least wait until the system is hacked.
(03-28-2014, 08:11 PM)twdarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not suggesting that people can't work on both, since anyone can really work on anything they want. What I'm trying to say is that a PS4 emulator, while certainly a great idea, is almost certainly impossible with todays level of technology. So, really, no matter how far the project gets, it will be limited by hardware for the foreseeable future.

They want to HLE and downgrade GPU rendering to cut down bottlenecks with speed. They also want to forget about sound emulation, and just work on CPUs with threading, HLE GPU and input. Some (the developer) want to work on LLE the BIOS to some point since they have the dump of it but for now I think simple homebrews and booting/GPU attempts would suffice somewhat on high-end devices of today. Maybe low FPS like rpcs3 but some hope for the foreseeable future

Quote:It's absolutely nothing. There is no actual emulation code or anything in that project. Doing a PS4 emu right now is impossible, for a lot more reasons than just the performance of it. At the very least wait until the system is hacked.

They already hacked the PS4 and dump the firmware. Some areas still encrypted but they have plenty to go by as this details: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/Flash-Main#magic Also, they are working on disc decryption tools for PS4 encrypted disc data they say through email.

EXTRA: It does load a window with menues, but there's a few errors that needs to be fixed first that I get under bloodshed dev c++
Without any actual documentation leaks or someone actually getting homebrew running to reverse engineer things efficiently most people will have little interest. To actually do pretty much anything people need either access to unencrypted binaries or a way to decrypt them of course.

Plus, did you actually look at the source code? there's not much there, just some incomplete string lists of instructions. I don't know what you could possibly commit, except for of course normal x86 emulation but that alone won't get you anywhere.
(03-28-2014, 08:21 PM)Bigpet Wrote: [ -> ]Without any actual documentation leaks or someone actually getting homebrew running to reverse engineer things efficiently most people will have little interest. To actually do pretty much anything people need either access to unencrypted binaries or a way to decrypt them of course.

Plus, did you actually look at the source code? there's not much there, just some incomplete string lists of instructions. I don't know what you could possibly commit, except for of course normal x86 emulation but that alone won't get you anywhere.

Yes I saw the source only 18 commits but progress has slowed down after they have the window set up. It does next to nothing (except show a window I think with a logo or something) and that's it. But they have already hacked, my last post shows, and they have some details on the hardware. Not enough for homebrew, but enough to work on the BIOS loading. I am trying to study and work on that, just wanted to know if any here had intrest in it.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5