This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
JPCSP for Dummies
(12-31-2011, 12:42 PM)serio Wrote: the missing voices won't appear until the at3+ sound format is fully understood, reverse engineered and coded into the emulator. that probably won't be happening anytime this year.

Ok,I understand.
And the grafical errors?
Can it be fixed soon?
(12-31-2011, 01:22 AM)RockBravo Wrote: So....I didn't know where to post this...because I posted it on the Tales of VS - ULJS00209 (Encrypted) thread...but it seems that thread is dead.
Well,so I need the help of the people who make JPCSP...I will post what I said in the game thread.

Well,I was playing to see if the game was really full playable,and noticed a few things.
The hi-ougis voices are missing,the skit faces chats don't have voices and in the start of the battle some voices are missing too.
Well,I found some other errors in the game.
The weapons of the characters have a grafical error sometimes,they get all "spiky".
When Cless uses his teleport attack or someone uses a hi-ougi,the screen goes off and then it turns back to normal after.
I will post some images with the errors.
Here are the link with the screen shots:
http://imageshack.us/g/16/semttulo8pse.png/
There's a stage in the game that the flag have a grafical error too.You can see that on the album.

Please,do something about these errors.I would really like to see the game full playable someday.It's almost there...I think there are just a few errors,like the ones I noticed above.

You will have to live with it. As long the game is playable and the graphics errors don't interfere in the gameplay more than being annoying don't expect a fix anytime soon.
Hmmm....okay...
I understand.Thanks for the help.
I expect that someday at least these errors are fixed,even if it takes a very long time to do so.
hello... sorr for a newbie question, but where can i find the savedata list that games use to load the save data from? I would like to put my psp games save data in there, so i can load the savedata from the emulator and continue playing?
look in the ms0 folder,in psp and you'll find the savedata folder
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
k found it, thanks for the help Big Grin
Ok, so i have had plenty of experience with emulators. Vimms lair and others helped me with this. Though i have no idea what im doing wrong with this one, or even if im doing it wrong. i downloaded the latest Jpcsp and the 64Bit java. when i go to run the System 86x EXE. command promt opens then disappears immediately and then nothing else happens. I have a Emachine with 3gig ram, amd athlon dual core processor with win 7 home premium. if anyone out there can help me i would love you to death. Im a Monster hunter fan and i would love to play on my computer. thank you very much
(02-13-2012, 12:23 PM)diablo21992 Wrote: Ok, so i have had plenty of experience with emulators. Vimms lair and others helped me with this. Though i have no idea what im doing wrong with this one, or even if im doing it wrong. i downloaded the latest Jpcsp and the 64Bit java. when i go to run the System 86x EXE. command promt opens then disappears immediately and then nothing else happens. I have a Emachine with 3gig ram, amd athlon dual core processor with win 7 home premium. if anyone out there can help me i would love you to death. Im a Monster hunter fan and i would love to play on my computer. thank you very much

System 86x EXE? You just open JPCSP.exe you don't have to worry about opening anything else.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
i thought i'll make a mini-tutorial for ripping fonts for people who don't know how.

it can be added to the first post if anyone wants to.

1) connect your psp to the pc through usb.
2) your psp has to be using custom firmware, both to run the dumper and to dump your games. i suggest cfw pro (http://code.google.com/p/procfw/) install it first.
3) now that you got that installed (follow the instructions on their site), get " PSP Flash Dump v3.zip" from http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4687 and copy the folder "PSP Flash Dump v3" into your memory card under ms0:/psp/game/
4) disconnect the usb, then start the program (PSP Flash Dump v3).
5) once there, click "Press to Dump All Flash".
6) wait until it stops. when it gets to "writing ms0:/flash0/codepage/cptbl.dat" it's done. It won't go back by itself, so try pressing some other buttons (don't press X or it'll start again).
7) press "Press to Go Back to XMB :)" to return to your psp's main menu.
8) connect through usb again, copy the folders flash0, flash1, flash2, flash3 to your pc.
9) open flash0, copy the font folder to jpcsp's flash0 folder, overwrite any files.
10) make sure jpcsp's debug fonts are off. go to options>configuration, switch to media tab and turn "Use debug font (disable flash0 fonts)" off if it's on.

you're done, enjoy real psp fonts in jpcsp and increased compatibility.

btw. don't share those fonts, it's illegal. everyone who's not a pirate can follow this tutorial and get their own fonts anyway.
More easy:Enter in Recovery mode and select advanced,then go to toggle USB (flash0).Copy the folder to your desktop,again toggle usb.Then open flash0 folder, copy the font folder to jpcsp's flash0 folder, overwrite any files.
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]