This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - ULUS10512
As of 1726, will stick in infinite loop due to use of sceKernelStartModule() for scesupPreAcc (libsuppreacc.prx), which has no entrypoint (infinite loop of loading, attempting to start, then unloading the module).

Hacking sceKernelStartModule() to return the module id makes the game get to the initial loading screen (spinning tarot card). Looks like it may be stuck on a CRIWARE asset loading thread?

Still getting used to JPCSP (I did some light work on PSPPlayer awhile back). Smile

(08-07-2010, 11:06 AM)Rick Wrote: As of 1726, will stick in infinite loop due to use of sceKernelStartModule() for scesupPreAcc (libsuppreacc.prx), which has no entrypoint (infinite loop of loading, attempting to start, then unloading the module).

Hacking sceKernelStartModule() to return the module id makes the game get to the initial loading screen (spinning tarot card). Looks like it may be stuck on a CRIWARE asset loading thread?

Still getting used to JPCSP (I did some light work on PSPPlayer awhile back). Smile

Are you rick.gibbed from PSPPlayer's team? PSPPlayer was a great project! Smile
Anyway, thanks for reporting this. I'll add scesupPreAcc's module, since most recent games use it in their initialization.
(08-07-2010, 02:38 PM)Hykem Wrote: Are you rick.gibbed from PSPPlayer's team? PSPPlayer was a great project! Smile
Anyway, thanks for reporting this. I'll add scesupPreAcc's module, since most recent games use it in their initialization.
I am. Are you adding an implementation of scesupPreAcc or is there some other thing you're doing?
(08-07-2010, 08:41 PM)Rick Wrote:
(08-07-2010, 02:38 PM)Hykem Wrote: Are you rick.gibbed from PSPPlayer's team? PSPPlayer was a great project! Smile
I am. Are you adding an implementation of scesupPreAcc or is there some other thing you're doing?

Up until now, we didn't need scesupPreAcc module implementation, but since this game requires it for it's initialization, I'll have to add atleast a fake implementation of this module.
Of course, this is not prioritary, and I'm already working on other things, so, if you want, you can try implementing that and send us a patch file. It's a good way to get used to JPCSP's code. Wink
(08-07-2010, 08:57 PM)Hykem Wrote: Up until now, we didn't need scesupPreAcc module implementation, but since this game requires it for it's initialization, I'll have to add atleast a fake implementation of this module.
Of course, this is not priority, and I'm already working on other things, so, if you want, you can try implementing that and send us a patch file. It's a good way to get used to JPCSP's code. Wink
It's not able to use the prx from the umd image? (it's there in its unencrypted elf glory). It seems to be general utility functions, I know one function is used to build a path to a SAVEDATA location (for copying memst.cpk to it).

I'd be happy to attempt to implement the module, is there a tool or for stubbing out a module implementation in JPCSP style?

(aha, I see stuff under psplibdoc but I'm not sure the correct way to invoke this stuff Smile)
If it's unencrypted, we should be able to load it and run it. If we don't, we should fix the loader.
To build a stub, make an XML file of the exports with prxtool similar to the psplibdoc files. Then, use xsltproc (from cygwin in the libxml2 package) with the xsl files in psplibdoc directory to make the two module files (one that inherits the most recent implementation of the lib and the real implementation). They need a little tweaking but the job is mostly done.

If you have any more question, just ask here or you can send me a PM with your MSN/Yahoo/Gtalk address and I'll directly help you Wink
(08-07-2010, 10:56 PM)Orphis Wrote: If it's unencrypted, we should be able to load it and run it. If we don't, we should fix the loader.
True, although it's probably encrypted with other games so might as well implement it.
Made a stub implementation of scesupPreAcc (and semi-implemented scesupPreAcc_86DEBD66, which is basically scesupPreAcc_Initialize). This is the only scesupPreAcc function that the game calls before hitting the tarot card loading screen. So that's certainly not the problem.
It's playable. (at least everything I have seen so far)

Some sounds are missing and some letters switch with other letters randomly.

[Image: 66x2mh.jpg]
[Image: 5z1dmr.jpg]
[Image: 2cct9q8.jpg]
[Image: 30tmfi8.jpg]
[Image: qnmxr8.jpg]
[Image: 2irs5c.jpg]
[Image: 160984k.jpg]

I used this configuration:
Video: Check:
-Disable VBO
-Only GE graphics
-Use vertex cache