This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Booting PSP in Jpcsp - Low Level Emulation
(05-19-2019, 04:23 PM)onelight Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 05:14 PM)gid15 Wrote: Using the latest version (a4f15d1 or later), I am now able to run the CFW PRO-C for the firmware 6.61... and also run the cube.iso sample application from the CFW Smile

How to run CFW PRO-C ?
Copy the PRO-C files (for 6.61) under ms0/PSP/GAME like you would on a real PSP,
run the PSP official 6.61 Firmware update, and when it reboots to the VSH, run the "661 PRO-C Updater", this will install the PRO-C files under flash0 and again reboot the PSP. Now you are under CFW PRO-C.

When you close Jpcsp and restart using the "--reboot" command line option, you will need to run again the "661 PRO-C Fast Recovery" to reactivate the CFW (like you would need to do on a real PSP after a cold reboot).
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(05-19-2019, 04:35 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 05:14 PM)gid15 Wrote: Using the latest version (a4f15d1 or later), I am now able to run the CFW PRO-C for the firmware 6.61... and also run the cube.iso sample application from the CFW Smile

How to run CFW PRO-C ?
Copy the PRO-C files (for 6.61) under ms0/PSP/GAME like you would on a real PSP,
run the PSP official 6.61 Firmware update, and when it reboots to the VSH, run the "661 PRO-C Updater", this will install the PRO-C files under flash0 and again reboot the PSP. Now you are under CFW PRO-C.

When you close Jpcsp and restart using the "--reboot" command line option, you will need to run again the "661 PRO-C Fast Recovery" to reactivate the CFW (like you would need to do on a real PSP after a cold reboot).

install pro-c failed

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-21-2019, 02:33 PM)onelight Wrote:

How to run CFW PRO-C ?

install pro-c failed
Could you please provide the log file?

Thank you!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(05-21-2019, 03:33 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 02:33 PM)onelight Wrote:

How to run CFW PRO-C ?

install pro-c failed
Could you please provide the log file?

Thank you!

Attached Files
.7z   52835374-log.7z (Size: 26.38 KB / Downloads: 123)
Code:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
I have increased the required memory from 1GB to 2GB in the "start-windows-amd64.bat" (1eeab3f). This seems to be the minimum required to run LLE. I am always running with 4GB, that's why I didn't notice the issue Wink
OK, now pro-c working fine
my jvm option
-Xmx4096m -Xss100m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256m

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-31-2019, 02:53 AM)onelight Wrote: OK, now pro-c working fine
my jvm option
-Xmx4096m -Xss100m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256m
Great, thank you for testing! Smile
With the revision 102fc72, "CIPL Flasher For PRO-C" can now also successfully be used. After running it once, starting Jpcsp with the "--reboot" command line option will automatically activate the PRO-C CFW, like on a real PSP, no need to re-run the "PRO-C Fast Recovery" application.
test Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix

BTW, my psp battary was broken, I wil take a few days to get a new one.

Attached Files
.7z   reboot-bbsfm-log.7z (Size: 8.31 KB / Downloads: 123)
(06-12-2019, 04:54 PM)onelight Wrote: test Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
Are the graphics issues (flickering and spikes) also happening with the "normal" Jpcsp and the external software renderer. I.e. are they related to the "--reboot" option?

Thank you for the video!