This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z Hakai-hen - ULJS00379
Okay, this may sound a bit weird, but I'll say it for future reference. I opened my SRW AP and D2J SRW Z ISOs, and noticed that there is a "prometheus/peagasus.prx" files, and an old EBOOT file. I removed them from D2J SRW Z ISO, and God Almighty... it worked!! Here are some minor issues:

*BGM and SFX worked like a charm.

*Still no voices.

*Some animations get stuck. EG: I call Dancouga Nova, and it stands
still like a sitting duck... However, if you tap the Square button once, it'll skip to the respective latter part of the animation (DanKuuKen in my case).

*In the intermission screen, all of the pictures (if not, most of them) are piled up on the upper dialogue box while the lowermost one has a gray square (still contains in-game text continuation).

*When in a menu (Intermission menu, where you customize mechs etc, battle menu and so forth) the FPS drops to like 17~18, but the music/SFX don't lag, which is fine by me.
Update regarding the game:

*Voices do work via Sound Forge.
*To fix the "Sound Forge window popping up while playing bug", I used a joypad with SF minimized.

I might have figured out why some mechs' animations don't appear/stand still. I tried enabling "Extract PGD files to TMP folder", and when I reached the animation of Final Dancougar/Dancougar Nova/Terrorists' mechs, I got the message which I attached to this post.

I guess the missing animations and whatnot are associated with PGD Raw files in the TMP folder. Any ideas on how to decrypt the files using JPCSP Connector 3xx? I tried it, but miserably failed because I didn't notice any decryption signs from the JPCSP Connector 3xx...

I'll include a list from which you'll be informed about which units have idle (not working properly) animations AND lacks voices (Even w/SF + Mono Tool ON):

*Juusou Kikou Dancougar Nova units: Nova Eagle, Dancougar Nova, R-Daigan, Terrorists' Genocitrons and pawn units.

*Choujuu Kishin Dancougar: Final Dancougar

*Armored Trooper Votoms: All units

*Code Geass: All units
Why are you going through so much trouble extracting the PGD files? That option shouldn't be enabled in the first place. With my current settings ("Extract decrypted EBOOT.BIN files to the TMP folder, Handle SAVEDATA in crypto mode, Extract original PGD files to the TMP folder are all unticked) I have absolutely no problems playing the game. Music, sound animations and all.

My advice is to untick those options, delete your TMP folder and try it from there. Remember that it takes a while for the game to start with a clean TMP folder, so you'll have to be patient.
(09-25-2011, 06:11 AM)kusanagi Wrote: Why are you going through so much trouble extracting the PGD files? That option shouldn't be enabled in the first place. With my current settings ("Extract decrypted EBOOT.BIN files to the TMP folder, Handle SAVEDATA in crypto mode, Extract original PGD files to the TMP folder are all unticked) I have absolutely no problems playing the game. Music, sound animations and all.

My advice is to untick those options, delete your TMP folder and try it from there. Remember that it takes a while for the game to start with a clean TMP folder, so you'll have to be patient.

Ok, I'll take your advice and get back to you. How do you explain certain units "freezing" until you press the square button? Any idea? Thanks bro.
Kusanagi, kind sir, I've done what you said exactly, and guess what? ALL the units I reported in my post that weren't working are FULLY functional with voices and full animations! That includes Dancouga Nova and Final Dancouga, more to be reported as I progress! Thank you again!
Smile You are too kind.
(09-25-2011, 08:06 AM)kusanagi Wrote: Smile You are too kind.

TY sir! Smile

I've attached a pic that shows how the intermission dialogue has characters' pictures overlapped at the top chat box. However, when there's a radio/video call effect, they return to normal.

The second one shows units' icons having a black border around them.

Any idea on how to cure these? Thanks again. =)
Lol, drop the "Sir". If your name is any indication, I'm younger than you.

There is a way to fix both your problems. Though it comes at a price, a trade-off if you will.

Tick the options shown in the screenshot.

Now here's the thing, doing this will cause certain animations during combat to become all jumbled up and leave garbage on the screen.

Again, you can either
1) Enable these options to fix the character portraits during intermission scenes as well as to remove the black borders around character sprites on the overmap.
or
2) Disable these options to enable proper combat animations.

But never both at the same time. At least that's how it is for me. (I'm using the latest build by the way. Build 2319.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-25-2011, 10:37 AM)kusanagi Wrote: Lol, drop the "Sir". If your name is any indication, I'm younger than you.

There is a way to fix both your problems. Though it comes at a price, a trade-off if you will.

Tick the options shown in the screenshot.

Now here's the thing, doing this will cause certain animations during combat to become all jumbled up and leave garbage on the screen.

Again, you can either
1) Enable these options to fix the character portraits during intermission scenes as well as to remove the black borders around character sprites on the overmap.
or
2) Disable these options to enable proper combat animations.

But never both at the same time. At least that's how it is for me. (I'm using the latest build by the way. Build 2319.)

i am using this settings but when the main characther makes an attack the attack looks like very dark are these the best graphics options
you can remove the black borders around unit the map if use GeForce.
for ATI can't for now. i already tried it.
so lucky for someone using GeForce.

for ATI use these setting

for NVIDIA only use 2 options

kusanagi, i think use Enable saving GE screen to Textures + Enable dynamic shader generation doesn't effect.
but i don't know because haven't try it with those settiing.
i use setting only 3 options like i posted above.
Mobo:Gigabyte (GA-78LMT-USB3) CPU:AMD FX-6300 RAM:G-Skill 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC12800 VGA:Sapphire R7 265 2GB OS:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1