This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More languages
Hi!
Do you add language chooser into emu. If yes I can make translations for polish, francais and maybe german.
PC1: Pentium G2020, ASUS Radeon R9 290X, 6GB DDR3, Win 10
PC2: i7-6700HQ, GTX 960M+HD 530, 8GB DDR4, Win 10
yyy.... Pancakes?

PS: My nickname on Discord is eEXEO
Right now there's still not much to translate, specially because the emulator is still not really user friendly.
But this will be quite welcome in the future. Smile
If you will. I can translate to Russian, and will do it with pleasure!
I can translate to Polish Smile

You should consider creating project page on Transifex, it's very cool platform Big Grin
Any chance of translating the ui, log, and source code comments to Middle Babylonian Aramaic? Thanks in advance.

Also, as sparse as the ui is it's pretty straight forward to make the english strings for the ui conditional so it doesn't really require the attention of a core dev. Really you dont need to know anything about how rpcs3 works to do it, or for that matter programming, just some free time and access to google. As an example in pseudo code of the simplest way of doing it:

Code:
if lang == "en":
     a = "Open File"
     b = "Exit"
else if lang =="zulu"
     a = "ifayela evulekile"
     b = "phuma"

This is something that would be perfect for someone who doesn't know a lot about programming but wants to contribute to the project.
(08-13-2014, 04:27 PM)StormFarther Wrote: Any chance of translating the ui, log, and source code comments to Middle Babylonian Aramaic? Thanks in advance.

Also, as sparse as the ui is it's pretty straight forward to make the english strings for the ui conditional so it doesn't really require the attention of a core dev. Really you dont need to know anything about how rpcs3 works to do it, or for that matter programming, just some free time and access to google. As an example in pseudo code of the simplest way of doing it:

Code:
if lang == "en":
     a = "Open File"
     b = "Exit"
else if lang =="zulu"
     a = "ifayela evulekile"
     b = "phuma"

This is something that would be perfect for someone who doesn't know a lot about programming but wants to contribute to the project.

Source code comments into another language? I have never seen it done...
UI makes sense, don't know what to say about logging.

As for the example you provided:
Such code is quite inefficient and will end up duplicating lots of code.
In my opinion best would be to have language files, which contain the strings and then the program requests them to be loaded. For example: getTranslatedString("LoadingFailed")
whats the point in translating rpcs3 into other languages when it isnt even user friendly, should not this be considerated after some bigger games actually work? but thats only my opinion
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
(08-13-2014, 04:32 PM)tambre Wrote: Source code comments into another language? I have never seen it done...
UI makes sense, don't know what to say about logging.

As for the example you provided:
Such code is quite inefficient and will end up duplicating lots of code.

I was joking about the source code comments (punchline = obscure dead language). I would also agree that my example is not a real world solution ready for a pull request (punchline = psuedo code), it's there to illustrate the simplicity of the problem. That being said I'm also terrible at actuall programming so your reply would still likely be valid even if had I given a solution.

I suppose I could have saved time and just said "Don't bug the devs with stuff not related to functionality until we can play games at 20+ fps".
I personally don't want rpcs3 to be translated. It's only my opinion, nothing more.
1) It doesn't worth it. According to the current state of rpcs3, it can't be useful for anyone who can't use English GUI, can it?
2) Translations can be bad and imprecise, I don't like it.
3) Wait few years, maybe?
4) Learn some English, maybe?
5) Just more kids blaming rpcs3 for not running GTA V?

But it will be translated, of course... I just don't care about it.
(08-13-2014, 04:27 PM)StormFarther Wrote: Any chance of translating the ui, log, and source code comments to Middle Babylonian Aramaic? Thanks in advance.

Code:
if lang == "en":
     a = "Open File"
     b = "Exit"
else if lang =="zulu"
     a = "ifayela evulekile"
     b = "phuma"

That's kind of a weird way to put it. You want to use something like gettext for that, then just have language files where translators have a list of strings to translate.