This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice [BLES00452]
It is reasonable to believe it will be a factor 10 faster.

Best case maybe more than that, not because the recompiler will be magical, but because even for an interpreter, the current one isn't that fast, apparently.

If you can get 1 fps today (probably heavily overclocked Haswell i7), then I think you can reach 30 fps... With some luck, and no other glitches that bottleneck performance. We will see. I have no idea of how the recompiler is doing right now.

Edit: but Disgaea 3 will need 60 fps to not be slow mo, so you're out of luck either way Wink
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(03-25-2014, 06:07 PM)ssshadow Wrote: It is reasonable to believe it will be a factor 10 faster.

Best case maybe more than that, not because the recompiler will be magical, but because even for an interpreter, the current one isn't that fast, apparently.

If you can get 1 fps today (probably heavily overclocked Haswell i7), then I think you can reach 30 fps... With some luck, and no other glitches that bottleneck performance. We will see. I have no idea of how the recompiler is doing right now.

Edit: but Disgaea 3 will need 60 fps to not be slow mo, so you're out of luck either way Wink

First want to supplement the code, and then enter the recompiler for better speed?Sorry for my bad english.I am used Google translate.
(03-25-2014, 06:24 PM)Ru4slan Wrote:
(03-25-2014, 06:07 PM)ssshadow Wrote: It is reasonable to believe it will be a factor 10 faster.

First want to supplement the code, and then enter the recompiler for better speed?Sorry for my bad english.I am used Google translate.

Yes.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
Only hope is if gpu will kick in, but that is apparently very hard to implement. It looks like gpu will have to be done for this emulator to be succesfull. Unfortunately the new broadwell apparently won't be that much better than haswell, even if it is made in 14nm lithographic technology. Intel seems to be quiet about desktop release. they only rambling about power efficiency, which will 30% better. From the previous experince of
icore line, it will be probably 6-10% quicker.
A CPU can be fast in other ways than just raw IPC. Broadwell could include a new instruction set or something that can give you a nice performance boost if you use it. Eg everything ever with SSE2 or pcsx2 with AVX in Sandy Bridge.
I'am waiting for Hasswell-E octa core processor and ddr4 memories. It should run pretty fast rpcs in future. Maybe GTA V
PC1: Pentium G2020, ASUS Radeon R9 290X, 6GB DDR3, Win 10
PC2: i7-6700HQ, GTX 960M+HD 530, 8GB DDR4, Win 10
yyy.... Pancakes?

PS: My nickname on Discord is eEXEO
If anything in terms of cpu perf it will not be coming from Intel they have hit a wall and even AVX3 won't change a thing about that. Also they are currently only focussed on mobile.
The APU/HSA concept AMD is pushing is like music to my ears but it won't be truly great until they fix their floating point blocks because they completely suck.
Cool but please stop uselessly speculating about irrelevant performance in a Disgaea 3 discussion thread
(03-26-2014, 12:51 AM)maarten12100 Wrote: If anything in terms of cpu perf it will not be coming from Intel they have hit a wall and even AVX3 won't change a thing about that. Also they are currently only focussed on mobile.
The APU/HSA concept AMD is pushing is like music to my ears but it won't be truly great until they fix their floating point blocks because they completely suck.

What? No, just no.

(03-26-2014, 04:14 AM)derpf Wrote: Cool but please stop uselessly speculating about irrelevant performance in a Disgaea 3 discussion thread

Thank you.
About twice as fast now, with Nekotekinas current work in progress SPU recompiler!

Someone with a 4,5 - 5.0 ghz Haswell i7 needs to run this. Here is a build: https://mega.co.nz/#!EpUAWYyY!oR3Cbv5BhQ...-Jqd88MROE

Ok, so now that you can actually test the game a bit better, the first cutscene if you don't skip the intro doesn't show. But the texture is there in the rsx debugger. The cutscene itself is just some 2D images on top of each other. May or may not be related to missing character sprites.

Breaking 1 fps! (For a very short time Wink )