This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Valkyria Chronicles 2 - ULUS10515
Not all errors are the fault of the emulator, some are caused by the system it is running on(problems like too little memory; ATI/AMD grapic cards,different Java Version[6,7;32bit,64bit]; a lot of factors determine the actual reult). But I'm sure as long as gid15, hykem and the others work on JPCSP it will keep getting better and better. And it has come a long way already.
Whenever the scene is going to change, the screen stays black for awhile, around 1 minute. This is very time consuming and is there a way to fix this?
Like some other people i have game freeze at random times (mostly in battle) its hard to finish one ...

There are 2 logs (it dont remember custom log file name ?), I stopped the 1rst (log jpcsp.txt) when it was in an apparent loop (black screen at a transition more or less same loop then launching the game and didnt touch key ...), quit and relaunched the log then i was in battle (just after the transition where the loop occured) the 2nd is then the freeze (error) occur

what ive done while playing (dont know if it help but whatever) on the 1rst log, go to training ground, level up, then save, gone to R&D, unlocked new weap then save (i know i save a lot but its for limiting the thing to redo then a freeze occur) then go to mission, and launch mission and then : loop
quit & relaunch, load game, go to mission, launch mission and then i'm after the black screen, re activate the log, then play until it freeze

Ive got some big lag (the last was a little bigger) then the 3 firsts error came and then freeze

PC spec :
Intel I5 750 @ 2.67Ghz
AMD ATI Radeon 5750 1 Go
4 GO Ram (Dual channel 2GO each)
Windows 7 64Bits SP1
AntiVirus Avast free (dont know if it's revealant ...)

Everything is up to date ... (not graphic drivers but i dont think its the problem here)

if there is something you need more just ask in PM

Edit : Ive taken the last release of jpcsp (3156) and 3 hours of playing without crash (still some lag) dont know if its definitely fixed or not but at least i can play xD

Attached Files
.7z   log.7z (Size: 6.01 KB / Downloads: 82)
This game can't save either if you use the option to handle SAVEDATA in crypto mode or not. At least that is my experience with linux amd64. This is strange because it appears people with 32 bits can save fine if they enable SAVEDATA crypto, which makes me think there is a bug on native code involved somewhere.

If i start the game with logger 'warn' with a previously created game:
Code:
0 [GUI] WARN  loader - Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AC0 [0x049D3ECE] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
3 [GUI] WARN  loader - Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AC0 [0x049D3ECE] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
5 [GUI] WARN  loader - Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AC8 [0x110E318B] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
6 [GUI] WARN  loader - Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AC8 [0x110E318B] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
7 [GUI] WARN  loader - Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AD0 [0x2EC3F4D9] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
8 [GUI] WARN  loader - Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AD0 [0x2EC3F4D9] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
9 [GUI] WARN  loader - Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AD8 [0x7ADA3927] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
10 [GUI] WARN  loader - Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AD8 [0x7ADA3927] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
11 [GUI] WARN  loader - Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AE0 [0x86DEBD66] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
12 [GUI] WARN  loader - Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AE0 [0x86DEBD66] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
14 [GUI] WARN  loader - Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AE8 [0xA0EAF444] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
15 [GUI] WARN  loader - Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AE8 [0xA0EAF444] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
16 [GUI] WARN  loader - Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AF0 [0xB03FF882] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
17 [GUI] WARN  loader - Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AF0 [0xB03FF882] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
13318 [CriThread] WARN  emu - Sector number 528192 out of ISO (numSectors=528192)
30742 [VlThread_DLCM] WARN  hle.IoFileMgrForUser - sceIoDopen 'ms0/PSP/GAME/ULES01417' not a directory! (could be missing)

(indeed, the directory doesn't exist on GAME but it does on 'ms0/PSP/SAVEDATA/ULES01417')

Then the game prompt to 'delete corrupted data' appears. If i select it; infinite cycle of:

326380 [Odin_Main] WARN hle.sceUtility - Savedata MODE_SINGLEDELETE directory not found!

(however, the dir at 'ms0/PSP/SAVEDATA/ULES01417' was deleted)

So at a guess, the new encrypted save/load data functions are not taking into account where the game wants to store savegames. (Or maybe not, moving over the other dir to the GAME folder does nothing)

edit: oh, this is the euro version of course.
I assume you are using a revision after r3306? Because that one broke saving/loaing for me too. I already wrote about my findings here
Ah ok, yes, i'm on svn.

edit: it actually is still not working on r3304 with encrypted data; just with with 'normal' - so there are two bugs at least possibly three;
3306 broke the non encrypted saves
the encrypted saves still don't work for this game
infinite cycle on deletion of save..
Last topic i found doing a quick search on the game is 5 months old, and it said the game was freezing a lot + corrupted save data all the time. Is this game working any better on the latest svns?

EDIT
oops forgot to mention i was asking about US version of the game
you should've used that topic you found. there's no reason to make duplicate topics for the same game. i'll merge the topics.
what are the reccomended settings for running this game? Currently using default settings outside of having configured my wired 360 controller. I'm currently using jpcsp r3426 32 bit. System specs are win7 professional 64 bit with 32 bit java installed. I have 32 bit java installed because i was unable to get 64 bit java to work with mozilla firefox. 12GB RAM i7-3770 CPU 3.4GHz Nvidia GeForce GT 620 graphics card. I'm getting 25 FPS(says average FPS 45) in the base itself 60 when i go into any specific area of it like say Avan's room, and 20-37fps depending on what is on screen during battle, with the FPS average number saying 41 at the same time(what is the difference between the 2?) which is a bit laggy.

EDIT
Also of note, going into aim mode with a weapon, the targeting reticule does not display, not does any of the info such as shots i have, or amount needed to kill the enemy
I managed to use all passwords for this game known to me without problem now.
The game expects the input to be in unicode-full-width but since thats not the standard-output our keyboards provide I had to convert the passwords before copy-pasting them into the input window.