This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not Dead!
I am also glad that somebody will help gid15 because this is the best and most advanced psp emulator

PPSSPP is not even close, it has like what 20% compability and jpcsp has over 90% Smile

I doubt any emulator will catch up to jpcsp anytime soon
Thanks a lot for the support, everyone!
It's with great pleasure that I can now announce I'm posting this message from my newly acquired laptop! Big Grin

Adding shadow's donation to the money I've had already saved during several months allowed me to purchase a nice ASUS K55VJ model with a i5-3230M (2.6 GHz), 6 GB of RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M (2GB dedicated VRAM).

I'm still getting used to Windows 8 and installing all the necessary software but you can count on several updates mainly on the following areas (which I left pending):
- JPCSP:
+ SaveData improvements (encryption/decryption fixes and improvements);
+ NPDRM (I was already able to load Disgaea 2 DLC content before, thanks to recent findings);
+ Atrac3plus (coding an encoder/decoder for FFMPEG team with the data I've reverse engineered from Sonic Stage).

- PCSP and PSPE4ALL (a lot of pending mpeg related discoveries and mostly data porting).

- RPCS3 (now I finally have enough core power to better investigate SPU/PPU coding).

- PSVITA (this one is a surprise Wink).

Once again, thank you all for your support! Big Grin
Very very glad to hear your good news.Big Grin Thanks for your great work!
Well Hykem I'm glad you can finally do your work,anyways we have discovered a way to load savedata from jpcsp to psp but it doesn't work on all games,using magic save 3.63
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
Well, Hykem is sort of legend on this forums, so sorry for ask this (I cant remember if there is an answer), but can JPCSP uses an DirectX plugin in order to get more compatibility on Windows?

I do remember that OpenGL is cross-platform and is more accurated to emulate the PSP, but are those 2 things better than the high compatibility on Windows with DirectX?
[Image: montcer.png]
Better take good care of that laptop! Set it on a flat, smooth surface, get a laptop cooler, add new thermal paste, anything to keep it running cool! And a couple of years from now buy a cheap backup computer just in case this one dies on you.

Also since you're in Windows 8 now will that affect your development of JPCSP? If your laptop has Windows 7 drivers you can try dual-booting both Windows 7 and 8 so you can develop for both OS's!
(03-10-2013, 01:59 PM)virgil94 Wrote: Well Hykem I'm glad you can finally do your work,anyways we have discovered a way to load savedata from jpcsp to psp but it doesn't work on all games,using magic save 3.63

Ah yes, I've seen the tool and thanks to it I've already figured out most of what was "corrupting" the SAVEDATA. Expect some updates on this soon. Smile

(03-11-2013, 06:14 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: Well, Hykem is sort of legend on this forums, so sorry for ask this (I cant remember if there is an answer), but can JPCSP uses an DirectX plugin in order to get more compatibility on Windows?

I do remember that OpenGL is cross-platform and is more accurated to emulate the PSP, but are those 2 things better than the high compatibility on Windows with DirectX?

Hi montcer9012! Smile
Indeed the choice behind OpenGL was not only the portability but also the similarities with the PSP's own rendering system.
Perhaps after we fine tune our OpenGL support and be able to use JPCSP with most graphic cards with no issues at all, then we could consider a DirectX plugin to improve JPCSP's performance in Windows' based systems. Wink

(03-11-2013, 07:46 AM)Bitech Wrote: Better take good care of that laptop! Set it on a flat, smooth surface, get a laptop cooler, add new thermal paste, anything to keep it running cool! And a couple of years from now buy a cheap backup computer just in case this one dies on you.

Also since you're in Windows 8 now will that affect your development of JPCSP? If your laptop has Windows 7 drivers you can try dual-booting both Windows 7 and 8 so you can develop for both OS's!

Hehe, I'll be sure to take very good care of this one! Big Grin
Being on Windows 8 shouldn't be a problem. Everything is still compatible as always. Smile
Hey Hykem wb!
Hey rest of the moderator team. Could you please make a damned newspost about news like having hykem back after a near death (laptop) experience?

Thanks
Smile
¬¬ That was fast, I didn't even have the occasion to read the post and you already made a new one.The tittle is however.....Left 4 dead reference?
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
Quote:+ Atrac3plus (coding an encoder/decoder for FFMPEG team with the data I've reverse engineered from Sonic Stage).
does this include mono at3+? as far as i remember, sonic stage wasn't able to convert that, and you needed other tools (like the recently discovered one in http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=129065 combined with sound forge 9) to convert mono at3+ properly.