This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
RPCS3 FAQ
"It currently runs only small homebrew applications"

what does this means?
It can't run any game
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(02-21-2013, 06:34 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: btw, PPU=Picture processing unit?

PPU = PowerPC Processor Unit

For more information, you can read here : http://cell.scei.co.jp/pdf/CBE_Architecture_v102.pdf
how can i build a revision of rpcs3? i have Tortoise SVN, Visual studio 2012 and CodeBlocks, can i build it with one o those programs?
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
Well, kinda. You can use TortoiseSVN (or other SVN checkout software) to download the source, then you compile it with a C++ compiler (like the one in Visual Studio).

We don't yet have a build guide for rpcs3, which is kinda important cause you will want to set up a development environment similar to the one the emu was wrote in (or at least one that others have tested and worked) if you want to build it without weird errors. That can include the compiler you use, settings and other stuff, depending on what you are trying to build. Rpcs3 is still a fairly simple software, so building it on your own should be no problem.

Still, I think I'll try and make a guide for that later today, after I finish a presentation I have to do for college. I just fresh installed my computer and I have to set up a building environment anyways XD. I'll have to talk to DH before posting it tough, that can take a couple days.
[Image: BowserCartSmallAni.gif]
My Rig:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Stock
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AM3+ Revision
RAM: Geil 4GB Dual Channel @ 1600Mhz
(02-24-2013, 04:40 PM)Runo Wrote: Well, kinda. You can use TortoiseSVN (or other SVN checkout software) to download the source, then you compile it with a C++ compiler (like the one in Visual Studio).

We don't yet have a build guide for rpcs3, which is kinda important cause you will want to set up a development environment similar to the one the emu was wrote in (or at least one that others have tested and worked) if you want to build it without weird errors. That can include the compiler you use, settings and other stuff, depending on what you are trying to build. Rpcs3 is still a fairly simple software, so building it on your own should be no problem.

Still, I think I'll try and make a guide for that later today, after I finish a presentation I have to do for college. I just fresh installed my computer and I have to set up a building environment anyways XD. I'll have to talk to DH before posting it tough, that can take a couple days.

THE Dh is still in the project?
Why would one think otherwise? He's still one of the main devs as far as I know.
[Image: BowserCartSmallAni.gif]
My Rig:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Stock
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AM3+ Revision
RAM: Geil 4GB Dual Channel @ 1600Mhz
The only one that disappeared is Hykem
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
spoke to hykem two days ago . He has an issue with his pc you can read more here : www.jpcsp.org
(02-26-2013, 03:14 AM)Runo Wrote: Why would one think otherwise? He's still one of the main devs as far as I know.

Because some developers seem to really have left the project (hykem.the.demon & sktsqrl that are also on the list of google code, but seem to be inactive)