This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't play the game as it's in wrong format!
i wouldn't say it's legal, since as far as i know hacking your psp and replacing the firmware with a "bootleg" cfw is illegal (something about sony owning all the rights to the hardware/software and only indefinitely "lending" them to you, effectively still making it their property. after all, people get banned for going online with certain systems if they're modded in any detectable way. i bet if the laws were any different, some of the companies wouldn't just stop at that and would intentionally brick the altered systems), and i don't think they feel any different about altering their games in any way, be it just umd dumping, patching or hacking.

it's more of a gray area in my opinion. it's definitely the better, preferred way than piracy is, it's just not a 100% legal one either.

that said, i use the emulators mostly for their screen resizing ability, as well as the ease of memory hacking and quick and easy memory dumping. in the future hopefully some filters too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't play the game as it's in wrong format! - by serio - 03-03-2011, 02:26 AM