This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336
Sorry For waiting, Now here is the simple steps:
1 - Click Start > Run > Type: msconfig > Click Ok, Click SYSTEM.INI > Click [386enh] > Click new > type: RUNConservativeSwapfileUsage=1 > Click apply > Click Ok > Restart your computer

2 - Right Click My Computer > Properties >Advance> Performance> Settings >Advance > Change> If you install Windows XP in drive C, Disable the Paging File size and transfer it in other Drive, either Drive D, E, G or F its up to you..

3 - In JPCSP set Xmxsize to 500 (MB) in Advance setting check -XXUse Parallel GC and Check -XX:MaxpermSize (It Should be 128)

NOTE: *This tweak is for 1gbram computer only, If you desire to put the paging file in drive D, You must Input 500-500 then set and restart..
*Im not Using Windows 7, This is just Windows XP SP3 modified with Windows 7 Ultimate.

I hope it helps a little, And sorry for keep you waitng.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My PC Specs:
Motherboard:MSI-K9N6PGM2V2 AM2
GPU: HD Radeon 6570 DDR3 128bit
HDD:80GB
RAM:3GB DDR2 800Mhz Kingmax
Processor:AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual-Core 3.1Ghz

Hello allSmile

I previously downloaded and ran the latest JPCSP build along with Sony SonicStage and managed to succesfully play Crisis Core on Windows 7 ( FPS wasn't that great though).

I also downloaded and ran the latest JPCSP build on my Ubuntu Linux 10.04 but I come across a number of problems when I try to play CC. First of all, I can't get past the fake mpeg video screen...I press the S button, "New game - Load game" pops up, but no matter what I choose, the same fake video screen is displayed again. I encountered the same problem on Windows but managed to get past it by checking the "Use Media Engine" box on the configuration tab. Tried doing it on Linux too but the game wouldn't even load then... I think in the README file was mentioned that Media Engine is a Windows-only compatible feature. So how do I solve this?

Thank you in advance and sorry if the same question has been answered again somewhere in the forum, I read a lot of the threads, forum is kind of massive though...
(01-02-2011, 10:25 AM)jinkazama2k7 Wrote: Sorry For waiting, Now here is the simple steps:
1 - Click Start > Run > Type: msconfig > Click Ok, Click SYSTEM.INI > Click [386enh] > Click new > type: RUNConservativeSwapfileUsage=1 > Click apply > Click Ok > Restart your computer

2 - Right Click My Computer > Properties >Advance> Performance> Settings >Advance > Change> If you install Windows XP in drive C, Disable the Paging File size and transfer it in other Drive, either Drive D, E, G or F its up to you..

3 - In JPCSP set Xmxsize to 500 (MB) in Advance setting check -XXUse Parallel GC and Check -XX:MaxpermSize (It Should be 128)

NOTE: *This tweak is for 1gbram computer only, If you desire to put the paging file in drive D, You must Input 500-500 then set and restart..
*Im not Using Windows 7, This is just Windows XP SP3 modified with Windows 7 Ultimate.

Just how much of a difference does this make when running jpcsp?
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

(01-02-2011, 10:34 PM)Kai3213 Wrote:
(01-02-2011, 10:25 AM)jinkazama2k7 Wrote: Sorry For waiting, Now here is the simple steps:

It reduces lag for 1GB RAM computer like mine.
My PC Specs:
Motherboard:MSI-K9N6PGM2V2 AM2
GPU: HD Radeon 6570 DDR3 128bit
HDD:80GB
RAM:3GB DDR2 800Mhz Kingmax
Processor:AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual-Core 3.1Ghz

(01-03-2011, 01:04 AM)jinkazama2k7 Wrote:
(01-02-2011, 10:34 PM)Kai3213 Wrote:

It reduces lag for 1GB RAM computer like mine.

Well that's a vague statement don't you think? What I meant was is it an significant amount like 10, 20 percent?

just found RUNConservativeSwapfileUsage=1 in tweaking XP from this page. :lol:
http://msforums.ph/forums/t/31071.aspx

PS:If giving link to other forum is forbidden please delete this post.

PPS:
(01-03-2011, 01:08 AM)Kai3213 Wrote: Well that's a vague statement don't you think? What I meant was is it an significant amount like 10, 20 percent?
Enabling GE made the game run a bit smoother while Disabling GE gives more FPS plus more lag. What is the percent in this?
(01-03-2011, 01:35 PM)jakeslogan Wrote: just found RUNConservativeSwapfileUsage=1 in tweaking XP from this page. :lol:
http://msforums.ph/forums/t/31071.aspx

PS:If giving link to other forum is forbidden please delete this post.

PPS:
(01-03-2011, 01:08 AM)Kai3213 Wrote: Well that's a vague statement don't you think? What I meant was is it an significant amount like 10, 20 percent?
Enabling GE made the game run a bit smoother while Disabling GE gives more FPS plus more lag. What is the percent in this?

well I need to know the change in fps in order to figure that out.

(12-28-2010, 10:56 PM)Yashvir Wrote: Hello! So I'm using r1940 and so far everything's good except during battle's my FPS takes a massive hit from ~30 FPS to ~ 12FPS :/

I'm running a fairly decent machine with 6GB of ram on Win 7 with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 and AMD Phenom II N930 Quad-Core Processor @ 2GHz. I'm at 60 FPS during videos, around 30 during regular gameplay, and 10-15 during battlescenes. I have enabled GE Graphics and checked Ignore invalid memory access, is there anything more I can do to further increase my FPS?

Any suggestions regarding this? I really can't figure out the nasty FPS considering I have a pretty decent machine :S

Sorry to bring it up again >.>But yes I do have Media Engine enabled for videos and whatnot, I also read about a "glow" on characters in this thread somewhere that I am also getting.
Hi , U Guys ! I have a problem with my jpcsp . I'm using the jpcsp V0.6 1948 . I heard some guys that we should cofig like this:
.Video
Only Ge
Use Vertex
Use Shaders
Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering
I config the same with this, but when i press "run" to play crisis core , it's just have black and nothing else . I still can hear the sound of the opening game but i can't see anything .
(01-05-2011, 03:32 AM)Akion94 Wrote: Hi , U Guys ! I have a problem with my jpcsp . I'm using the jpcsp V0.6 1948 . I heard some guys that we should cofig like this:
.Video
Only Ge
Use Vertex
Use Shaders
Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering
I config the same with this, but when i press "run" to play crisis core , it's just have black and nothing else . I still can hear the sound of the opening game but i can't see anything .

Disable vertex cache and the shaders.