This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336
r2251
The audio of movies could not be decoded.
Code:
SQEXTEC Movie Decode     ERROR     hle     MediaEngine: No audio streams found!
This bug occured from r2245.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   jpcsp2251_FF7CC_log.rar (Size: 72.9 KB / Downloads: 93)
(08-02-2011, 10:22 PM)l2sp Wrote: r2251
Code:

im having the same problem with that version, i am however going through the game perfectly fine with r2239. i'd reccomend that one, if you dont feel like waiting for a fix for the newer version. i must say though, this being my first psp emulator game played, it runs fantastically. with an average of 40 fps x3 screen size and 16x anti- aliasing. really the only slow down i get is when fighting, and its completely playable at 25-30 ish fps
(08-01-2011, 06:34 AM)deathwaltz Wrote:
(07-30-2011, 03:39 PM)nijohc Wrote: Can anyone help, this is my first time using jpcsp, I'm using svn 2239 x86 and every time I load crisis core it's just a black screen @ 1fps and it never changes, my system specs are : e5200 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB RAM, ATI 4870 1GB

I'm using the following settings :
---------------------------------------
Only GE Graphics
Use Vertex Cache
Use Shaders
Use a Geometry shader for 2d rendering
Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
Enable dynamic shader generation

Use Media Engine
Decode audio files with SonicStage
-----------------------------------------

Everything else is at default, I've tried playing a few settings on and off but never get anything other than a black screen, anyone know what the problem could be????Huh

Since you are using ATI, disabling both Shaders and Geometry shader for 2D rendering might help.

you may or may not punch yourself after reading this... but after you load the UMD, your supposed to click run underneath file... haha. cheers. and have fun playing
Code:
Thank you for identifying and reporting this problem Smile
Hopefully, this is now fixed in r2255.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(08-04-2011, 05:02 PM)gid15 Wrote:
Code:
Thank you for identifying and reporting this problem Smile
Hopefully, this is now fixed in r2255.
r2255
fixed.Smile
Hey guys

Im really sorry if this kind of question/problem has been brought up before, but I couldnt find anything anywhere regarding it.
Well, basically the game runs just fine. Awesome fps on gameplay, battles and cutscenes, but the emulator crashes (it simply freezes, actually) whenever I try to open the save menu or the missions menu.
Im using Win7 64bits and tried a huge variety of combinations between the emulator's versions, settings and java versions.
Oddly, I couldnt get the game running on any of the x64 versions; it worked the best on 2239 (32bits). R2255 also worked well, but the sprites were kinda messy.
Also I can't seem to be able to save the logs (x64 spammed lots and lots of lines on the console when I tried to select the game from the umd folder, but x32 didnt show a single line, simply froze everything).

So any ideas?

Thx
(08-06-2011, 03:10 AM)polainas Wrote: Hey guys

Im really sorry if this kind of question/problem has been brought up before, but I couldnt find anything anywhere regarding it.
Well, basically the game runs just fine. Awesome fps on gameplay, battles and cutscenes, but the emulator crashes (it simply freezes, actually) whenever I try to open the save menu or the missions menu.
Im using Win7 64bits and tried a huge variety of combinations between the emulator's versions, settings and java versions.
Oddly, I couldnt get the game running on any of the x64 versions; it worked the best on 2239 (32bits). R2255 also worked well, but the sprites were kinda messy.
Also I can't seem to be able to save the logs (x64 spammed lots and lots of lines on the console when I tried to select the game from the umd folder, but x32 didnt show a single line, simply froze everything).

So any ideas?

Thx

i have 64 bit windows 7 and i cant get 64 bit jpcsp running as well as 32 bit. i use the 32 bit version and it runs perfect. refer to all the settings on the first post on this board, for setting up your emulator. if all else fails. re download a different version of the emulator. i would stick with 32 bit version of the emulator to save your self a head ache. also, installing jdk7 beta helps your fps a little bit, and who knows. it may solve your issue.

i use http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/ to look through the different updates that where installed with each update
optimal game settings thanks to hyakki for an amazing setup

|Video|
[x] Only GE graphhics (not recommended for homebrew)
[!] Use vertex cache <---- Common cause for most out of memory errors, can give speedup in most cases.
[x] Use shaders (experimental) <---- AMD | ATI | INTEL GPU's Disable if you have graphic problems.
[x] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders) <---- AMD | ATI | INTEL GPU's Disable if you have graphic problems.
[-] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[-] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
[x] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[-] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[x] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders rec for AMD/ATI)
[-] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
[-] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)

|Media|
[x] Use Media Engine (Works only with 32bit JPCSP)
[-] Extract media files to tmp folder
[x] Decode audio files with sonic stage (you must have ss installed for this to work)
[x] Use non-native fonts from flash0 folder

|Compiler|
[x] Use compiler (dynarec)
[-] Output profiler into to profiler.txt (only for compiler)
[500] Maximum method size

Legend
[-] = Unchecked
[x] = Checked
[!] = Optional, use at own risk (possibly a speedup, can cause crashes / bugs, disable this first if you run into problems)
::When changing options do it before you load the game, or else you'll need to close and restart Jpcsp.::
Thanks for replying

The problem is I did use those configurations and I did try different versions of the emulator using different versions of java (both jre and jdk, both versions 6 and 7 and both versions x64 and x86). The game runs most of the time (except for the 64 bits emulator).
The problem is it completly freezes whenever I try to save the game or accept a mission. Im not sure if this is a game related problem only (because it crashes on missions aswell). Also, when I get the option to start a new game or load, if I choose Load, it will properly open the window for savegames, the same I suppose should open when I try to save.

Tks
(08-06-2011, 10:32 PM)polainas Wrote: Thanks for replying

The problem is I did use those configurations and I did try different versions of the emulator using different versions of java (both jre and jdk, both versions 6 and 7 and both versions x64 and x86). The game runs most of the time (except for the 64 bits emulator).
The problem is it completly freezes whenever I try to save the game or accept a mission. Im not sure if this is a game related problem only (because it crashes on missions aswell). Also, when I get the option to start a new game or load, if I choose Load, it will properly open the window for savegames, the same I suppose should open when I try to save.

Tks

it runs without freezing on 32 bit though? if so. i'd just stick with 32 bit. i cant even get 64 bit to load the UMD on my pc. i've beaten the game with version 2255 32 bit for windows with two issues. the sephiroth fight, odin was summoned and that froze the game. and right at the end of the game when i beat the final boss it froze. not sure if that randomly happened or not. i beat the game in one sitting. lol. didnt test too much out when it froze, just reloaded the save. if you still have the issue, with 32 bit, i'd re install and download everything you've gotten that works in conjunction to making the game work. best of luck, if you have any more questions i'll check back from time to time. im still also kind of new to the emulator business. just started less than a week ago. another suggestion which is time consuming, is try a setting you havent used, in configuration. and maybe try it with settings that are and arent used in hyakki's preset configuration. sometimes trial and error are the only things you can do with emulators. hope this helps!
Sorry if I sounded a bit confusing and wasnt very clear, so let me try to fix that :p
It DOES freeze on the 32bit. It runs smoothly until there is the need to open a save a menu, then it freezes. And it freezes the exact same way when I try to accept new missions. Bottom line, I can only play if I never accept any mission and never ever try to save... so lol :p

I've tried changing settings, I've tried so far 12 different builds and the problem is always the same. So do you guys have any idea what might be causing this problem? Perhaps its something related to the program's calling the save window and getting stuck, I dunno, something like that.
But it doesnt seem to be a configuration or emulator per se bug, since it is happening on every build... so yeah, im kinda lost :p
(08-07-2011, 03:21 AM)polainas Wrote: Sorry if I sounded a bit confusing and wasnt very clear, so let me try to fix that :p
It DOES freeze on the 32bit. It runs smoothly until there is the need to open a save a menu, then it freezes. And it freezes the exact same way when I try to accept new missions. Bottom line, I can only play if I never accept any mission and never ever try to save... so lol :p

I've tried changing settings, I've tried so far 12 different builds and the problem is always the same. So do you guys have any idea what might be causing this problem? Perhaps its something related to the program's calling the save window and getting stuck, I dunno, something like that.
But it doesnt seem to be a configuration or emulator per se bug, since it is happening on every build... so yeah, im kinda lost :p
make sure the path to jpcsp isn't deep and doesn't have strange characters in the path try something like c:/jpcsp/ first to see if it solves the problem, also check that you aren't using encrypted save mode (Jpcsp options -> configuration -> Crypto -> make sure handle savedata in crypto mode is unchecked.)..

anyways post a log if you still have problems and any errors you get in the cmd window. make sure java and any system drivers are up to date