This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Screen of Death
psp 
Hi guys. So, i've configurated my emulator and anything. And when i load the game, a black screen shows up. Then, i'm clicking "run", and the game starts. My FPS is not very slow, and i know that i'm IN the game, but the screen remains black. Can you help me with fixing this problem?
1Tonguelease post your computer information.
eg:cpu,ram and display card
2Tongueost your game name
3:Attach log
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=70898
(08-29-2012, 09:43 PM)FreeRiver Wrote: Hi guys. So, i've configurated my emulator and anything. And when i load the game, a black screen shows up. Then, i'm clicking "run", and the game starts. My FPS is not very slow, and i know that i'm IN the game, but the screen remains black. Can you help me with fixing this problem?

what game are u trying to play? and what are the config settings u used? the devs and admins will help u.. try hmm lets say "expanding" ur answer a bit more when u post a new thread, k?
[Image: vincent_valentine_signature_by_rui_eri-d2zbu8z.png]
Computer Information:
Pentium® Dual-Core CPU
E6300 @ 2.80 Ghz
2.79 Ghz; 3,00 GB RAM

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

My Config Settings (Only checked):

~Video~
* Use vertex cache
* Use shaders (experimental)
* Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
* Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory

~Media~
* Use Media Engine
* Extract media files to tmp folder
* Decode audio files with SonicStage (must be installed separately and requires Media Engine)

~Compiler~
* Use compiler

~Crypto~
*Extract decrypted EBOOD.BIN files to the TMP folder

(The other are the ones menus i've never messed up with)

The gameS i'm SUCCEEDING to run are Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 3 and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 2 (both with black screen)

When i've tried to load the second version for the first time, it actually started normaly. (Only that the display went all blinky)
And after i chose from the options to start with English language, it just went black. I'm afraid it's something from me. I just don't know what.

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 114 bytes / Downloads: 89)
Well, it seems like i've fixed my problem by myself, without even realising how'd that happen, lol. It was something from the configurations. What i did was run the game, and then mess up with the options, checked in the Video menu, and it worked.
I'm having this same problem. When I enable Vertical Cache for Project Diva 2, the FPS seems great but the screen is black. Sound plays fine. When I disable it, the game runs, but it is unplayable due to an inconsistent frame rate. I know my computer can handle it (12 GB RAM, 2GB Graphics Card, 3.3 Intel Processor) but I can't get this game to work for the life of me due to this stupid hiccup. I've tried 10 emulators today and Vertical Cache never works. Is there any fix for this?
At this time JPCSP is the most advanced PSP emulator.

Since the problem you have is specific and located, i suggest you to post a info log on game dedicated thread so developers can help you locate the issue and then fix it.

Take a look on my sign; those links will help you.
[Image: montcer.png]
(09-01-2012, 05:06 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: At this time JPCSP is the most advanced PSP emulator.

Since the problem you have is specific and located, i suggest you to post a info log on game dedicated thread so developers can help you locate the issue and then fix it.

Take a look on my sign; those links will help you.

Okay I attached the log, thank you.

Attached Files
.7z   log.7z (Size: 16.62 KB / Downloads: 94)
(09-01-2012, 06:39 PM)StriderFan Wrote: Okay I attached the log, thank you.
Well it seems that your game is listed like playable for some users bacause it have a dedicated thread.

Now you have posted the log, i guess some moderator will merge your post with game dedicated thread that can be found here:
Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2nd [ULJM05681]

The info log will help developers locate the issue and if you can, some pictures attached there will help too. Finally, a fix made on other game maybe will help your game so keep trying the game with newest release and always post a log of every test so dev can locate differences if they exist. Latest release of JPCSP will be found here:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
[Image: montcer.png]