This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have tried practically everything--forget the games, JPCSP is not even running!
psp 
Firstly, I run Windows Vista x64 and meet the system requirements. I have scoured the forums up and down for answers, but no one seems to have quite the problem that I've been having. Or at least, the very few that I came across have been overlooked and an answer was never given. I have tried several versions, ranging from the newest revision 2239 on both Win32 AND Win64 as well as the official 0.6 on both as well. I have triple-checked Java; I have the latest version for sure. Yet I have the same exact issue with every version that I have tried.

I download JPCSP, extract everything, and double click on the batch file, start-windows-x86.bat. I click run a couple times to get it to start. The initial black screen pops up, but for less than a second! It goes away rapidly as soon as it comes up, and that's it. JPCSP is nowhere to be found, and nothing happens. I can literally repeat the process a million times, and the same thing happens--that initial black screen with the text in gray font pops up for less than a second, and then closes. No error messages. It just closes right away and that's that.

This has been driving me crazy. I have even tried playing around with the latest version of the JPCSP Launcher so I could avoid dealing with the .bat to hopefully get it work--but when I hit run, it says that jogl.dll is missing. Furthermore, I've been looking for the umdimages folder--I've never seen it yet in any extraction or ever before! Perhaps this is key...could someone please point me in the right direction and guide me? I have tried everything and posting here was a last resort.

I have no idea if I will even have issues when trying to play a game, because I couldn't even get that far! D; I would appreciate any help I could get!
(08-10-2011, 10:56 AM)TurkishTwin Wrote: Firstly, I run Windows Vista x64 and meet the system requirements. I have scoured the forums up and down for answers, but no one seems to have quite the problem that I've been having. Or at least, the very few that I came across have been overlooked and an answer was never given. I have tried several versions, ranging from the newest revision 2239 on both Win32 AND Win64 as well as the official 0.6 on both as well. I have triple-checked Java; I have the latest version for sure. Yet I have the same exact issue with every version that I have tried.

I download JPCSP, extract everything, and double click on the batch file, start-windows-x86.bat. I click run a couple times to get it to start. The initial black screen pops up, but for less than a second! It goes away rapidly as soon as it comes up, and that's it. JPCSP is nowhere to be found, and nothing happens. I can literally repeat the process a million times, and the same thing happens--that initial black screen with the text in gray font pops up for less than a second, and then closes. No error messages. It just closes right away and that's that.

This has been driving me crazy. I have even tried playing around with the latest version of the JPCSP Launcher so I could avoid dealing with the .bat to hopefully get it work--but when I hit run, it says that jogl.dll is missing. Furthermore, I've been looking for the umdimages folder--I've never seen it yet in any extraction or ever before! Perhaps this is key...could someone please point me in the right direction and guide me? I have tried everything and posting here was a last resort.

I have no idea if I will even have issues when trying to play a game, because I couldn't even get that far! D; I would appreciate any help I could get!

haha, you almost sound like the guy from the funny video I saw a few months ago Big Grin

Anyways, back to your problem:
- download the latest 32-bit version from the buildbot: http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
- extract it to C:\JPCSP, make sure to extract with directories
You should then see a directory C:\JPCSP\jpcsp-windows-x86 and in it should be some directories (umdimages, ...)
- Try to start with the .bat
- if it fails edit the bat and change -Xmx1024m to -Xmx512m and re-try it, if that works it means you have not enough RAM
I think that covers most of the common problems. If you run into problems during these steps let us know
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(08-10-2011, 11:08 AM)Darth1701 Wrote: - extract it to C:\JPCSP, make sure to extract with directories
You should then see a directory C:\JPCSP\jpcsp-windows-x86 and in it should be some directories (umdimages, ...)

Thank you for getting to me on this!

I think this is where I am having a problem. While this might seem like the easiest part, for some reason, I'm not given the option to extract it to C:\JPCSP. I know I might sound very stupid, but how do I actually do this? I have never seen these directories. I download the file, and what I see next is everything that is extracted--all 160 files.
(08-10-2011, 11:20 AM)TurkishTwin Wrote:
(08-10-2011, 11:08 AM)Darth1701 Wrote: - extract it to C:\JPCSP, make sure to extract with directories

Thank you for getting to me on this!

I think this is where I am having a problem. While this might seem like the easiest part, for some reason, I'm not given the option to extract it to C:\JPCSP. I know I might sound very stupid, but how do I actually do this? I have never seen these directories. I download the file, and what I see next is everything that is extracted--all 160 files.

What program are you using? Download 7-Zip or Winrar and use these to extract the 7z-archive (in the context menu it says "Extract here" or "Extract to "). This should work.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit