EmuNewz Network

Full Version: I have tried practically everything--forget the games, JPCSP is not even running!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly, I run Windows Vista x64 and meet the system requirements. I have scoured the forums up and down for answers, but no one seems to have quite the problem that I've been having. Or at least, the very few that I came across have been overlooked and an answer was never given. I have tried several versions, ranging from the newest revision 2239 on both Win32 AND Win64 as well as the official 0.6 on both as well. I have triple-checked Java; I have the latest version for sure. Yet I have the same exact issue with every version that I have tried.

I download JPCSP, extract everything, and double click on the batch file, start-windows-x86.bat. I click run a couple times to get it to start. The initial black screen pops up, but for less than a second! It goes away rapidly as soon as it comes up, and that's it. JPCSP is nowhere to be found, and nothing happens. I can literally repeat the process a million times, and the same thing happens--that initial black screen with the text in gray font pops up for less than a second, and then closes. No error messages. It just closes right away and that's that.

This has been driving me crazy. I have even tried playing around with the latest version of the JPCSP Launcher so I could avoid dealing with the .bat to hopefully get it work--but when I hit run, it says that jogl.dll is missing. Furthermore, I've been looking for the umdimages folder--I've never seen it yet in any extraction or ever before! Perhaps this is key...could someone please point me in the right direction and guide me? I have tried everything and posting here was a last resort.

I have no idea if I will even have issues when trying to play a game, because I couldn't even get that far! D; I would appreciate any help I could get!
(08-10-2011, 10:56 AM)TurkishTwin Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, I run Windows Vista x64 and meet the system requirements. I have scoured the forums up and down for answers, but no one seems to have quite the problem that I've been having. Or at least, the very few that I came across have been overlooked and an answer was never given. I have tried several versions, ranging from the newest revision 2239 on both Win32 AND Win64 as well as the official 0.6 on both as well. I have triple-checked Java; I have the latest version for sure. Yet I have the same exact issue with every version that I have tried.

I download JPCSP, extract everything, and double click on the batch file, start-windows-x86.bat. I click run a couple times to get it to start. The initial black screen pops up, but for less than a second! It goes away rapidly as soon as it comes up, and that's it. JPCSP is nowhere to be found, and nothing happens. I can literally repeat the process a million times, and the same thing happens--that initial black screen with the text in gray font pops up for less than a second, and then closes. No error messages. It just closes right away and that's that.

This has been driving me crazy. I have even tried playing around with the latest version of the JPCSP Launcher so I could avoid dealing with the .bat to hopefully get it work--but when I hit run, it says that jogl.dll is missing. Furthermore, I've been looking for the umdimages folder--I've never seen it yet in any extraction or ever before! Perhaps this is key...could someone please point me in the right direction and guide me? I have tried everything and posting here was a last resort.

I have no idea if I will even have issues when trying to play a game, because I couldn't even get that far! D; I would appreciate any help I could get!

haha, you almost sound like the guy from the funny video I saw a few months ago Big Grin

Anyways, back to your problem:
- download the latest 32-bit version from the buildbot: http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
- extract it to C:\JPCSP, make sure to extract with directories
You should then see a directory C:\JPCSP\jpcsp-windows-x86 and in it should be some directories (umdimages, ...)
- Try to start with the .bat
- if it fails edit the bat and change -Xmx1024m to -Xmx512m and re-try it, if that works it means you have not enough RAM
I think that covers most of the common problems. If you run into problems during these steps let us know
(08-10-2011, 11:08 AM)Darth1701 Wrote: [ -> ]- extract it to C:\JPCSP, make sure to extract with directories
You should then see a directory C:\JPCSP\jpcsp-windows-x86 and in it should be some directories (umdimages, ...)

Thank you for getting to me on this!

I think this is where I am having a problem. While this might seem like the easiest part, for some reason, I'm not given the option to extract it to C:\JPCSP. I know I might sound very stupid, but how do I actually do this? I have never seen these directories. I download the file, and what I see next is everything that is extracted--all 160 files.
(08-10-2011, 11:20 AM)TurkishTwin Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2011, 11:08 AM)Darth1701 Wrote: [ -> ]- extract it to C:\JPCSP, make sure to extract with directories

Thank you for getting to me on this!

I think this is where I am having a problem. While this might seem like the easiest part, for some reason, I'm not given the option to extract it to C:\JPCSP. I know I might sound very stupid, but how do I actually do this? I have never seen these directories. I download the file, and what I see next is everything that is extracted--all 160 files.

What program are you using? Download 7-Zip or Winrar and use these to extract the 7z-archive (in the context menu it says "Extract here" or "Extract to "). This should work.