This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
r2159 - Viewport Resize Filter
r2196
GoW ghost Of sparta, set resizeX2,
Every time a movie finished playing, game screen become very fuzzy and lower fps,
As shown..

When i load saves start the game, resize function will run fine...
As shown..

Quote:Any performance improvement in r2196?
yeah. the fps drop is much smaller now.

where 1x gives 40 fps, 2x gives 33 and 3x gives 19.

also i was wondering, would it be possible for the resize options to affect the native resolution, while regular window resizing/full screen would just take the new native resolution and stretch the rendered image to fit the new scale?

like, let's say the native resolution is 480x272 and i use 2x so my new resolution is 480x272 times 2, so 960x544. then i maximize the window, and instead of changing the internal scale to whatever scale it becomes at 1920x1080 (3.5x or something?) it takes the 960x544 render and rescales it to 1920x1080, so the internal resolution is still at 2x, but it fills the entire screen.

or would that eat too much cpu/resources?
ok i make it full screen because i saw there is fix but is not full screen mode like resizing this will be fixed??? i attach a pic wit fullscreen mode but is not is half Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-19-2011, 11:42 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(06-18-2011, 07:17 PM)legend80 Wrote: Ok, guys we got to be careful, we've taken a few steps back in the last day.

Street Fighter Alpha 3:

r2190:
PERFECT for the first time in Fullscreen. AF causes some missing gfx, but whatever.

r2191:
- Caused fullscreen gfx to revert to previous behavior making them blink and show corrupted. Reported in the official game thread.
- Along with that, the image only occupies a 1/4 of the screen in fullscreen, whereas previous commit, it filled the screen while maintaining aspect ratio.

r2193:
Caused Fullscreen to fill screen BUT now we lost the ability to use the mini right click menu after running a game, which first started working finally with gid's commits ( I think 2190 or around there). So now we're back to hitting the windows key or task manager to escape.
Any improvement in r2195?

Yes, it's a good as ever. Thanks for fixing up the slight regressions!

Remaining issues with display:
-Fullscreen still isn't fullscreen (native) - you can see a strip of your desktop. 16:10 issue?
-Still can't use other resolutions in fullscreen - after loading game, screen goes black and cannot access mini menu to run game.

Both of those have been confirmed by other members.
(06-19-2011, 05:35 PM)danity Wrote: ok i make it full screen because i saw there is fix but is not full screen mode like resizing this will be fixed??? i attach a pic wit fullscreen mode but is not is half Sad

It's a good thing that fullscreen isn't yet really fullscreen, it let me see that there are people downloading from EmuCR... Why would you want to download a 25MB file when the one from the buildbot is smaller ? I still wonder...

And yes, it is possible to separate the internal resolution from the rendering resolution.

That's some nice work gid !
Becaus im looking for another emulator not only JPCSP and thats the reason to download from EMUCR Smile
Final Fantasy Dissidia works great with the new resize. Everything works as it should, including menus, movies and actual gameplay. Only problem is, with the max resize, the window doesn't fit the entire screen, but only a part of it. Maybe switching to fullscreen exclusive mode would help?

Some screenies I took, 1920x1080 res, window size as big as I can get it:

[Image: Dissidiafullscreen1.jpg]

[Image: Dissidiafullscreen2.jpg]

[Image: Dissidiafullscreen3.jpg]

[Image: Dissidiafullscreen4.jpg]

Thanks a lot for your hard work on implementing this! Big Grin Playing games on Jpcsp really feels a whole lot different now...

EDIT: I don't get any fps drop whatsoever from resizing either, but that's probably because I always run Jpcsp on the native resolution anyway.
This is what i get From Full Display Mode for now with r2197. Now is fullscreen but resize dont work Sad PLS fix it its hood but just resize. And when i put resolution + Full Display Mode again there is black screen and i cant do anything Sad

(06-22-2011, 06:49 PM)danity Wrote: This is what i get From Full Display Mode for now with r2197. Now is fullscreen but resize dont work Sad PLS fix it its hood but just resize. And when i put resolution + Full Display Mode again there is black screen and i cant do anything Sad
Now fixed in r2198: always keeping the PSP aspect ratio, even in full screen mode. If your resolution is not matching the PSP aspect ratio 480/272, the lower part of the screen will not be used (similar to your post above). This is the only way to keep the correct aspect ratio.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Now fixed in r2198: always keeping the PSP aspect ratio, even in full screen mode. If your resolution is not matching the PSP aspect ratio 480/272, the lower part of the screen will not be used (similar to your post above). This is the only way to keep the correct aspect ratio.

What is fixed in r2203 again from full screen display i get half screen. My Display resolution is 1280x1024 and i get half screen again. I use native resolution in Fulldisplay mode and this is what i get again i thing is not normal if i put non native resolution of 1280x1024 mixed with fulldisplay mode i get balck screen and i cant use any menu in r 2197 and last pic from last post i get fulldisplay mode but resize dont work now again half display and good resize ??? it will be fixed or ??