This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
r2159 - Viewport Resize Filter
As of r2159, I've decided to start investigating a more complete way to integrate screen resizing with JPCSP.
Starting from gid's suggestion, a viewport resize filter has been implemented, like the anisotropic, but this one is a little different.
First, it acts independently, so you can have both the anisotropic and this one working. Then it's purpose is to be used with the "Resize" menu.
You can find it under Options > Video > Filters > Resize.

Basically, if you leave this filter off, resizing will be processed like it has always been. The LWJGL canvas simply streches, which allows you to freely resize the emulator's window, but has the major drawback of corrupting a ton of graphics. The most common situation has been the abnormal double resizing in certain 3D games.

In order to avoid this, the whole graphical context must be resized properly, so, if you toggle the resize filter on, you'll be limited to work with fixed aspect ratios of 1x, 2x and 3x times the regular PSP screen (don't worry, there are plans to extend this functionality, specially to full screen).

Any attempts to expand the window with the filter on, will just reveal a black rectangle around the main screen, just like what happens with "Only GE graphics" on. However, the screen will now properly resize everything and no longer cause those issues. Wink

There are still some textures that aren't displaying correctly, due to the fact that some fixed constants are being used in the VideoEngine, but after correcting this they should show just fine. Any testing to trace these down would be appreciated. Thanks! Smile
Great job, Hykem! Smile

[Image: UCUS98653_r2159_test.avi]

Attached Files
.zip   UCUS98653_r2159_test.zip (Size: 6.85 KB / Downloads: 125)
Great job Hykem sonic rivals view now better with resize
The screen is flashing in the gameplay

the letters and menus is Perfect Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 1388267.png]
r2163:
I can't get it to work at all - no matter what with "resize" filter on, gfx are never shown, just black screen (fullscreen, windowed 1x, windowed 2x, etc.). I've spent an hour testing a ton of scenarios and my games and can not get this to work nor do I notice any other display improvements.
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
(05-30-2011, 06:35 PM)legend80 Wrote: r2163:
I can't get it to work at all - no matter what with "resize" filter on, gfx are never shown, just black screen (fullscreen, windowed 1x, windowed 2x, etc.). I've spent an hour testing a ton of scenarios and my games and can not get this to work nor do I notice any other display improvements.

That really is odd...
Could you please try to run a game, with the filter set to off, then resize and only then turn the filter on? Thanks!
(05-30-2011, 07:29 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(05-30-2011, 06:35 PM)legend80 Wrote: r2163:

That really is odd...
Could you please try to run a game, with the filter set to off, then resize and only then turn the filter on? Thanks!

GFX freeze as soon as the filter is activated.
works semi-ok here, try starting the game, turn resize on, then use the resize 2x, 3x ..etc to get it to display (don't manually resize)

everything seems to resize better then before but some games get glitchy
The second I turn on "Resize" the gfx freeze. The game continues (audio) but the display is toast. Something is simply wrong here.

I've even tried with JPCSP extracted to a new folder (fresh install), and the same thing - if "resize" is ever turned on, no gfx will ever display. Even tried both 32/64 bit. Gotta be a hardware/environment difference of some kind.
Yea I get a black screen too as soon as I enable resize, but it gets fixed when I select 2x , 3x
My testing on r2163 reveal that :
1. With 1x size and resize enabled you get black screen.
2. With 2x,3x and resize enabled there are a lot of black lines under menu items in various games (upscaling bugs?).
3. The 2x,3x options now resize to the correct aspect ratio (was about goddamn time);
4. If you do not enable the resize filter but stretch the window the render area remains small (1x).
5. A lot of games now blink like hell (try P3P) with resize on.
6. UNRELATED TO RESIZING : In the movies of Tantei Opera Milky Holmes the sound is horribly desynced (the video is like 3-4 seconds ahead).
L.E: Oh wait there's more:
7. Resetting any game does not work anymore i press reset then run and the emulator locks up.

Verdict : still UGLY Tongue Try again.
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15