This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
The Legend Of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - ULUS10540
(04-27-2011, 07:38 AM)mordaki987 Wrote: this is so odd i'm using the settings from the first post and without fail it hangs right after or shortly after and i will post a screenshot of roughly about where it happens. but without fail the game freezes and locks up every time shortly after the screenshot i am about to attch to this reply. if it works fine for the rest of you then why won't it work fine for me? i'm using an ati radeon HD 5450 vid card on an amd athalon II X2 215 CPU. At any rate take a look at the screenshot i attached. roughly or very shortly after this line of dialogue is where everything just locks up. basically it goes into asking the boy what his name is he says fine starts to tell his story and then thats where everything goes to pot. ok i'm also going to post a link here from youtube that is a video walkthrough of the opening part of the game. watch it till 5:16 on the video timer once everything starts to fade out is right where the game for me freezes and locks up. here is the link to the youtube vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z0RmGMdYxY

(04-27-2011, 07:26 AM)elpan Wrote:
Quote:same here, there is only one minor error is, that i cant see which option in the start menu is selected, so i have to do trial and error. its a bit annoying when you try to use healpotions on someone and end up throwing them on the wrong guy
disable geometry shaders if you have them on. I thought it was an ati issue only. looks like not.

the setting on the first post work fine with my ati card catalyst 11.3 even shaders work.

Edit: After doing some (several days of) research and tinkering i found the following:

i found that this problem is connected to older PSP models?
Anways, i don't know a whole lot about that since i'm only getting into ripping my games this last couple weeks (they're kind of heavy to keep lugging around in boxes). Anyways,
>>>First of all, no matter what, if the media engine settings are on, it crashes.
Second, Config > Compiler recommends 100 for this game, but for those of you out there experiencing this crash,
set it back to the default 3000. At 100, media engine or not, it crashes, but at 3000, it does not crash, but only if the media engine is off.

I really don't know any more about what causes this aside from that it seems to have nothing to do with the source of the file itself.
I use my own, but i went ahead and found a couple others online to try and see, and they play by the same rules.
I'm not really up on what the compiler DOES, but since someone else here had no issues on a second computer, and although i had the same issues on my second computer, and so many other people don't have issues at all, i would still have to conclude my current theory is that there is something about certain computers that causes this.

In any case, set compiler to 3000, turn media engine settings off, save game after, turn engine back on, play, rinse, repeat.

Edit2: after some more looking through revisions, it seems that for whoever has this issue, the game would in these earlier revisions not boot up with the media engine enabled, but WOULD if it were disabled. Eventually, the game was made to boot up with the media engine enabled but would freeze on bootup before the first splash screen appears. THEN, more recently, that was fixed to the game would boot into the title screen and so on, but whatever fix was applied for the XSEED/Falcom splash screen would also need to be applied to every instance where a movie occurs in the game and it as as of yet, not.

only work around i can think of for now is to boot the game in the old revision to bypass these movie events and then make a save file after the fact and reload it in the new revision (for having the music to play with). Then rinse repeat every time it happens.
(02-20-2012, 01:25 AM)ChrisCall Wrote: Edit: After doing some (several days of) research and tinkering i found the following:

i found that this problem is connected to older PSP models?
Anways, i don't know a whole lot about that since i'm only getting into ripping my games this last couple weeks (they're kind of heavy to keep lugging around in boxes). Anyways,
>>>First of all, no matter what, if the media engine settings are on, it crashes.
Second, Config > Compiler recommends 100 for this game, but for those of you out there experiencing this crash,
set it back to the default 3000. At 100, media engine or not, it crashes, but at 3000, it does not crash, but only if the media engine is off.

I really don't know any more about what causes this aside from that it seems to have nothing to do with the source of the file itself.
I use my own, but i went ahead and found a couple others online to try and see, and they play by the same rules.
I'm not really up on what the compiler DOES, but since someone else here had no issues on a second computer, and although i had the same issues on my second computer, and so many other people don't have issues at all, i would still have to conclude my current theory is that there is something about certain computers that causes this.

In any case, set compiler to 3000, turn media engine settings off, save game after, turn engine back on, play, rinse, repeat.

Edit2: after some more looking through revisions, it seems that for whoever has this issue, the game would in these earlier revisions not boot up with the media engine enabled, but WOULD if it were disabled. Eventually, the game was made to boot up with the media engine enabled but would freeze on bootup before the first splash screen appears. THEN, more recently, that was fixed to the game would boot into the title screen and so on, but whatever fix was applied for the XSEED/Falcom splash screen would also need to be applied to every instance where a movie occurs in the game and it as as of yet, not.

only work around i can think of for now is to boot the game in the old revision to bypass these movie events and then make a save file after the fact and reload it in the new revision (for having the music to play with). Then rinse repeat every time it happens.
Could you post log files for both cases (crashing and not crashing) at INFO level?

Thanks!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
UPDATE: Every problem was seemingly solved by turning on the vertex cache and VAO options. Been playing for around 30~ minutes now perfectly over multiple emulator restarts since turning those on. Just thought I'd leave the rest of this post here in case someone in the future with similar problems sees it

Just started the game on the latest revision (2463), with the options in the original post most things seem to work properly however I have a few issues I was hoping someone could help with.

1) In the menus shit seems to overlap each other/ not be positioned/cleared/whatever properly so after a few clicks sometimes its hard to tell whats going on since shit is just covering each other. This COULD just be stuff like the blue backgrounds behind text not displaying properly and thus it just looks like stuff overlapping, not sure.
EDIT: Yeah its definitely that the blue background windows are fucking up thats causing the issue. If they appeared properly it wouldnt be a problem. I feel like the background boxes not working properly might be the source of every problem if that helps.

2) The map just isnt working. I dont know what its suppose to do properly but right now it looks like this
[Image: 57323888.png]
Something is clearly wrong and it doesnt seem navigatable in its current state. The blue domino things in the top corner here are a common occurence in a lot of non dialogue text boxes too

3) When I hit SQUARE, this happens:
[Image: 76670432.png]
again, not sure what its suppose to do but thats clearly not it

Theres a few other problems like the bracer notebook smushing up onto 1/2 of the screen so its basically unreadable and etc as well. In battle also like something with the bars and numbers next to character portraits is also screwed up.

any help would be appreciated. I feel like theres just one option or setting (or group of them) thats causing all the problems but I dont know what it is. Honestly the game itself runs well but all the issues with the maps and books and etc seem like they'll make it hard to actually play.

EDIT: Randomly had it work perfectly once, then it crashed when I tried to load snapshot in a battle (which seems to be something that always happens, crashes every time I try that) and now its back to being stupid about all the menus and stuff. Idk why it worked that one time but none of the others =/
I have been having some trouble getting the opening to load properly for the game after the initial introduction scene. After the screen fades to black, the opening refused to load but the music is still playing but the screen just freezes. Been using rev 2438 32 bit and have all the optimal setting checked, but the game refuses to load the opening. There were some similar problems floating around which related to the Custom Firmware being out of date or something for the PSP and matches my problems exactly, except not being able to run on JPCSP.
I've a slight problem, the game starts and plays just fine, until the first movie (opening) Then it'll just freeze, i can hear the sound thought.

I'm using SVN2540, if that helps. I've tried both 32-bit and 64-bit version of the emulator. Thanks!
how could you guys play the game? everytime I hit the [Run] button nothing happenSad
using sVN r2614 32bit

runs great at 30-45 fps only. problem is that after about a couple minutes the audio cuts out. i was using the same options as the first post, but, i believe, those are really not meant for this version. is this happening for anyone else, or is there a better svn to use specific to this game?
Using the newest build (r2911).

Perfect graphical display on start up and in the first cutscene so far. Only graphical option used is shaders. On an ATI card.

Running at a solid 30 FPS also.

Just thought I should let everyone know.
the emulator seems to stop when the guy says "My name is..." I am not sure if this is because of my graphics card or something else. Can someone please tell me if I can play this game or not.

Attached Files
.txt   SystemInfo.txt (Size: 915 bytes / Downloads: 55)
.html   Log.html (Size: 83.16 KB / Downloads: 116)
using r 3365
after the opening movie
when the character goes to say his name the screen fades to black
then the screen is still blank but the music plays
here is an info log

09:16:57 WARN ge - GUI - Ignoring end 0xEC0CEC command without signal/finish at pc=0x08440840
09:16:57 WARN ge - GUI - Unknown/unimplemented video command [unk 0x11](hex=000E150E,int=922894,float=0.000000) at 0x08440844
09:16:57 WARN ge - GUI - origin_addr unknown argument 0x00E00005
09:16:57 WARN ge - GUI - sceGuLightSpot(1,X,X,567.9375) invalid argument value
09:16:57 ERROR ge - GUI - prim: Invalid vertex address 0x1183E33C

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 140.24 KB / Downloads: 92)