This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
The Legend Of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - ULUS10540
This game seems to be playable, however, the screen keeps "twitching" (I think it has to do something with the screen size; seems like it's gets big then small again really fast! I do not not resize the resolution or anything. When I test it out, though, it gets even worst and "flickers" really badly ) and I swear I'm gonna need thicker glasses soon... =( Can anyone else verify this problem? And if it's something common, can one of the developers fix this one problem, so the rest of us can test out the game out? Thx.
uncheck only ge?

works fine here, no flickering.
I got it to stop, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!! And btw I never use 'Only ge', but thx for the suggestion. ^_^ I don't know if updating to the latest build (r2163, I was a three builds behind) had anything to do with it, but what stopped the flickering was: I had to resize 1x, under the [Video] tab, TWICE (keyword). Meaning, I selected [Resize] => 1x (to get the screen to the default resolution (still flickers), then [Resize] => 1x (once again, to stop the flickering). So far, everything is running wonderfully, hope everything stays as it is. Thank you guys, great work!
(04-29-2011, 05:31 AM)hyakki Wrote: OK I think i was able to reproduce it, but I am unsure since the video plays more often then not for me, and never for you. anyways this is the only error i could come up with Smile
(I was also pressing the buttons quickly to skip through text so that could of cause the error too i suppose)
Code:
Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.RenderingEngineLwjgl.setVertexAttribPointer(RenderingEngineLwjgl.java:1057)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.BaseRenderingEngineProxy.setVertexAttribPointer(BaseRenderingEngineProxy.java:582)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.BaseRenderingEngineProxy.setVertexAttribPointer(BaseRenderingEngineProxy.java:582)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.REShader.setColorPointer(REShader.java:757)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.BaseRenderingEngineProxy.setColorPointer(BaseRenderingEngineProxy.java:542)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.BaseRenderingEngineProxy.setColorPointer(BaseRenderingEngineProxy.java:542)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.buffer.BufferManagerVBO.setColorPointer(BufferManagerVBO.java:74)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.setColorPointer(VideoEngine.java:4017)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeCommandPRIM(VideoEngine.java:1828)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeCommand(VideoEngine.java:1141)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeList(VideoEngine.java:805)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.update(VideoEngine.java:509)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceDisplay.paintGL(sceDisplay.java:1167)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.paint(AWTGLCanvas.java:314)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.update(AWTGLCanvas.java:343)
        at sun.awt.RepaintArea.updateComponent(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I have actually been getting this exact error. If you know any way to fix it that would be extremely helpful.
Game runs just swell, solid 60fps, but a couple oddities. I have the resizing bug others have mentioned, that causes screen jitters, though it seems to go away by itself upon transitioning between areas in the game--odd. Also, now and then shaders seem to function properly, showing highlights over in-game menus and such, other times not. Finally, it seems sometimes anti-aliasing works and the game/textures are smooth as silk and at other times it looks terrible (particularly the fonts). Anyone else experiencing these things?

These issues seem to have no rhyme or reason, it just seems to depend on what kind of mood the emulator is in. Big Grin
I'm having the same trouble as some ppl here, I can't see the first video, I can only hear the music, but the emu hangs and can't continue even if I press a button.

I've tried other games like CC-FFVII and the movies/music work just fine.

Is this codec related or something like that? Has anyone found a way to fix this issue?

I'm using rev.2211 BTW

Thanks.

Edit.

After some thinking, I guess this has something to do with the SonicStage Version?

If someone is so kind, could you post ALL (I mean all lol) of the following?

- What JPCSP revision are you using? And it's the 32-Bit or 64-Bit Build?
- What exact settings are using (in every TAB if possible).
- What SonicStage version you have installed.
- What Java version, Operating System... etc

Hope this way we can find the real issue here.

Thanks again!
(07-25-2011, 03:02 AM)GaussTek Wrote: I'm having the same trouble as some ppl here, I can't see the first video, I can only hear the music, but the emu hangs and can't continue even if I press a button.

I've tried other games like CC-FFVII and the movies/music work just fine.

Is this codec related or something like that? Has anyone found a way to fix this issue?

I'm using rev.2211 BTW

Thanks.

Edit.

After some thinking, I guess this has something to do with the SonicStage Version?

If someone is so kind, could you post ALL (I mean all lol) of the following?

- What JPCSP revision are you using? And it's the 32-Bit or 64-Bit Build?
- What exact settings are using (in every TAB if possible).
- What SonicStage version you have installed.
- What Java version, Operating System... etc

Hope this way we can find the real issue here.

Thanks again!
-the newest. always use 32bit if you want sonicstage to work
- see first post of this (and many other) thread(s)
- sonicstage 4.3 (works fine, no idea if newer versions improve something)
- newest beta, win7 64bit
Thanks.

But I've tried a lot of thing right now and I just can't get it to work lol.

I tried using rev2238, 32-bit, using the settings found in the first post (and tried other ones too), also using SonicStage 4.3 ... and I think the latest Java stable release (v6 update 26 I think, I have the Java updates enabled), dunno if there's anything newer, if that's the case, that would be the only thing I haven't tried, but everything works just fine except this, and I'm a bit lazy to update Java just for this game lol. Windows Vista 32-Bit here.

I guess I will give up in this game for now.

Thanks anyway.
(07-26-2011, 04:01 PM)GaussTek Wrote: Thanks.

But I've tried a lot of thing right now and I just can't get it to work lol.

I tried using rev2238, 32-bit, using the settings found in the first post (and tried other ones too), also using SonicStage 4.3 ... and I think the latest Java stable release (v6 update 26 I think, I have the Java updates enabled), dunno if there's anything newer, if that's the case, that would be the only thing I haven't tried, but everything works just fine except this, and I'm a bit lazy to update Java just for this game lol. Windows Vista 32-Bit here.

I guess I will give up in this game for now.

Thanks anyway.

I think im using the beta release v8 or something, really no reason to stick to the stables, v8 is a huge fps boost (might got the number wrong, its the newest beta release however)

edit: oh and i forgot to mention: make sure you are using ur latest grafic drivers!
The game is freezing repeatedly after about 30 minutes of playtime. I've tried the optimal settings, and no extra settings except media engine and sonic thrust. Both setups result in the game freezing. I'm using r2238.

The error message says 'write32 - Invalid memory address : 0x560 PC=089761DC'. I accidentally overwrote the log after reopening the emulator. I'll upload the next one I get.

Has anyone else had this problem as well?