This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can JPCSP be made to use 2 treads?
Can JPCSP be made to use 2 treads?
(03-12-2011, 05:43 PM)Game Wrote: Can JPCSP be made to use 2 treads?

what exactly does that mean?
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

I think he means cores. I know that PSX2 only uses 2 cores or treads and people are asking if it can use all 4 if you have quad core. I think he thinks it only uses one core. Or I'm just jumping the gun here.
One more time!
(03-12-2011, 05:43 PM)Game Wrote: Can JPCSP be made to use 2 treads?
See http://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/

"Jpcsp takes full advantage of dual-core processors, matching the PSP dual-core architecture. Even a quad-core can give a small performance improvement by leaving free CPU cores for the Java JIT Compiler and the graphics cache."
I was looking in task manager and it was using about 50 % of CPU,so I thoughted it was becouse that.
Well if it 100% then it would crash your pc. Some of that is being use for your windows explore and other background programs keeping it running.
One more time!
(03-12-2011, 08:25 PM)Game Wrote: I was looking in task manager and it was using about 50 % of CPU,so I thoughted it was becouse that.
Well, it depends on the game... not all the games are using 100% of the 2 PSP CPU's all the time... Wink