EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Can JPCSP be made to use 2 treads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can JPCSP be made to use 2 treads?
(03-12-2011, 05:43 PM)Game Wrote: [ -> ]Can JPCSP be made to use 2 treads?

what exactly does that mean?
I think he means cores. I know that PSX2 only uses 2 cores or treads and people are asking if it can use all 4 if you have quad core. I think he thinks it only uses one core. Or I'm just jumping the gun here.
(03-12-2011, 05:43 PM)Game Wrote: [ -> ]Can JPCSP be made to use 2 treads?
See http://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/

"Jpcsp takes full advantage of dual-core processors, matching the PSP dual-core architecture. Even a quad-core can give a small performance improvement by leaving free CPU cores for the Java JIT Compiler and the graphics cache."
I was looking in task manager and it was using about 50 % of CPU,so I thoughted it was becouse that.
Well if it 100% then it would crash your pc. Some of that is being use for your windows explore and other background programs keeping it running.
(03-12-2011, 08:25 PM)Game Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking in task manager and it was using about 50 % of CPU,so I thoughted it was becouse that.
Well, it depends on the game... not all the games are using 100% of the 2 PSP CPU's all the time... Wink