This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Legend of Heroes - US - ULUS10022
Yesterday I tested the game again with r2929 and the following settings:

- with the JPCSP flash0 fonts: Text errors
- with the fonts from my PSP: Text errors
- Using the debug font: Text errors

I think the game uses it's own font.

Hyakki: Please play the game from the start and look if you still have no errors. Do not press any button until the text is completely there and only then press the button. I always ran into the same mistake in the game (i0 instead of it, see picture)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
yeah I'm able to reproduce it, looks like it might be caused by the 'effect' the text uses as it types out.
I don't see any debug output using sceFont so it must be using another method to show it's text.
(12-19-2012, 08:11 AM)hyakki Wrote: yeah I'm able to reproduce it, looks like it might be caused by the 'effect' the text uses as it types out.
I don't see any debug output using sceFont so it must be using another method to show it's text.

Thanks for testing it! I don't know what the problem is here but it also happens when using the fast message option (can only be set after the intro), it doesn't use the effect but from time to time the text is still wrong. Huh
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
After I installed the PSP fonts, the text display error became even less recurrent, but it still happens.

Before doing it, I only needed a couple of dialogues to notice it, but this time I had to speak with the entire town.
Windows 7 x64
E8400@3.6GHz
4GB DDR2@800MHz
Nvidia 550 Ti
(12-19-2012, 08:48 AM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(12-19-2012, 08:11 AM)hyakki Wrote: yeah I'm able to reproduce it, looks like it might be caused by the 'effect' the text uses as it types out.

Thanks for testing it! I don't know what the problem is here but it also happens when using the fast message option (can only be set after the intro), it doesn't use the effect but from time to time the text is still wrong. Huh
As sceFont is not used, I suspect a problem with the texture cache.
I've tried to improve such cases in r2937. Could you check if there is any improvement?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
r2940
The text looks good now, tested through the opening sequence and no bugs so far.

Thanks for fixing Smile
Hi gid,

yes, I can confirm that. The error is gone. I tested it on r2940 as well. Thanks for fixing this nasty bug!
I would like to ask if anyone is still getting the text errors. I was curious because i am currently playing it and have not run into any as of yet.
(12-28-2012, 05:47 PM)Jam_med Wrote: I would like to ask if anyone is still getting the text errors. I was curious because i am currently playing it and have not run into any as of yet.

No more problems. Since r2937 the text problem is fixed. See posts above.