This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Ys SEVEN - US - ULUS10551
2012, new report. JPCSP x86 rev2439.

Still getting a black screen and teleported back into the first room. Black screen is circumvented by the method posted above.

JPCSP settings:
-Use Media Engine
-Decode audio files using SonicStage
-Use non-native fonts from flash0 folder

Everything else is set at default.

My PC specs just in case:
-AMD Phenom II X2 560 (2 CPU @ ~3.3GHz)
-4096 MB RAM
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 (1 GB)
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.

Steps replicated:
-Started game.
-Loaded save file in front of the switch.
-"There's a switch. Toggle it?" -> "Yes"
-Elevator lowers, black screen appears.

Attached an INFO level log.

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 3.58 KB / Downloads: 111)
who tested this game on jpcsp 2450 ?
Give me your settings
Almost a month. JPCSP has hit the 2450 revisions. New report.

Tested in JPCSP x86 rev2452. Settings:
-Enable Media Engine
-Decode audio files using SonicStage

Test Results:
Still the same performance, still getting a black screen after toggling the elevator switch in the Flame Shrine. As per usual, circumventing the black screen using the Save Trick or enabling GE graphics results in you getting teleported back to the first room.

Attached INFO level log file. Surprisingly, I got a lot of GE warnings that didn't appear on my last test with rev2439, these warnings were constant after loading the save file.

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 8.81 KB / Downloads: 87)
My PC specs:
-4096 MB RAM
Happy March everyone.

Tested in JPCSP x86 rev2462, same settings as above. Still same results, except that this time the logger didn't throw GE warnings.

Also did a test of software mode. Other than running a bit slower and character shadows being rendered improperly, the game works in Software mode.

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 3.62 KB / Downloads: 96)
My PC specs:
-4096 MB RAM
Turning on "Disable optimized VertexInfo reading" fixes the black screen/teleporting issue. R2475.
Intel i5-4440 (3.1 GHz), 8GB DDR3-1600, GTX 650 Ti 1GB, Windows 10 Home
It still gives me a black screen and teleports me back to the first room.

Can you post your config?
My PC specs:
-4096 MB RAM
Well it doesn't work 100% of the time, but should do after a few tries (just reload a save with game menu). Only these options are checked:

Use vertex cache
Use shaders
Enable VAO
Enable saving GE
Enable dynamic shader
Disable optimized...

By the way, one of the following areas, Holy Precinct of Wind has a similar issue as the desert: the emulator crashes with an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. INFO log attached.

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 14.3 KB / Downloads: 85)
Intel i5-4440 (3.1 GHz), 8GB DDR3-1600, GTX 650 Ti 1GB, Windows 10 Home
Tried your config. Didn't work. Then I tried something else:

Frame Skipping: 60 FPS

Bam, new room; no black screen at all. I tried again with every single Video option disabled except frameskipping which was set at 60 FPS again and it worked.

It seems the game doesn't take well the emulated 15 FPS I've been getting all the time and frameskipping just solved it.
My PC specs:
-4096 MB RAM
I can't run fullscreen mode correctly at all with Ys Seven. Read many general threads about it and made everything right, I think.

My specs:
- Win7 x64 SP1
- 4:3 oldschool monitor with a res. of 1600x1200
- Crosshair IV Formula mainboard
- GeForce GTX 260
- AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
- 12GB DDR3 RAM

Using JPCSP 0.6 svn-2533 x64.

I get the same fullscreen problems with x86 - x64 just runs a bit smoother and I can "overclock" Java settings with JPCSP Launcher (same problems with default JPCSP Launcher settings, x86 & x64). With overclocked Java settings an JPCSP x86 results in JPCSP is crashing. I have Java x86 & x64 and as an example all the Visual++ x86 & x64 from 2005 to 2010 and all the .NET software, updates etc. from microsoft, nvidia and asus.

Problems with Fullscreen enabled, it's Fullscreen but:
1. It's flickering/flashing all the time (changing between pixelated and great graphics), I mean real flashing (light on/off non-stop), not just "edge flickering" of 3d models (which vanish after a map change)
2. The resolution switches between 2 resolutions (not a FS resolution at all), ca. between 1x and 2x at every flashing in the lower-left corner of the fullscreen. The real colored PSP picture is not fullscreen in any of those conditions, always smaller than windowed 3x resolution, but inside a full black screen.

I don't get any freezing black screen, I can start the game, load, could play, just with those flashing and resolution change bugs. It's unplayable and I'm a bit frustrated now, because fullscreen seem to work for others.

And I can play flawlessly with 3x + windowed + Native! It's almost the full width on my 1600x1200 desktop resolution. Other resolutions, equal if fullscreen or windowed, are resulting in a freezing black fullscreen. Which is a bit confusing, because windowed resolutions should not end in a fullscreen, or?

All settings are default, except for..

Display:
- checked "Start JPCSP in Full-Screen..."
- Native resolution (no AA)

Media:
- checked "Media Engine"
- checked "Decode audio files..." (SonicStage is installed)

Video:
- checked "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" ***
- all other options unchecked (I tried various combinations, all with the same bugged fullscreen results)

*** result in better graphics (normally with flickering of edges, but not always), equal if on or off the problems remain and the great effect of the this option gets deactivated mostly after I changed the map. Sometimes it's 100% perfect, looks great, no flickering of edges and max. FPS, then after a map or talking scene it's getting pixelated again. This stays until I deactivate "Enable saving GE screen to Textures...", restart JPCSP and activate it again on gameplay.

BTW, Fullscreen works like it should in 1.) Software Mode, but it's too slow and some graphically glitches are visible. And 2.) if I activate "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" ingame. It's not flickering and max width, like 16:9 at a 4:3 monitor, until I change the map, as I said before. Sometimes it just starts flickering of egdes and later

Here are some screenshots for comparison.

1.) Fullscreen in perfect mode (activating "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" ingame, with anisotropic deactivated even without those lines)
[Image: pic1xi.th.png]

2.) & 3.) The resolution jumps back and forth between 2 resolutions and the good graphics are gone.
[Image: pic3hp.th.png]
[Image: pic2aj.th.png]

What can I do or is there any way to fix this? Can anybody else reproduce this problem? I would appreciate any help on this topic, because I'm a bit helpless now. Cool would be too, if the "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" option stays active, I just would play 3x windowed if that is possible. ^^ Really looks great with it!

PS. Two questions besides:

1.) Is there a way to keep the "3x" setting under "Options > Video > Resize" ?

2.) Is there a way to force more than 30 FPS, because I only get 30 FPS max., seems like this is the default FPS value, or? Just want it a bit faster if this is possible.

Greetings from Berlin and thanks in advance for any help!
(04-14-2012, 02:04 PM)messiahgov Wrote: I can't run fullscreen mode correctly at all with Ys Seven. Read many general threads about it and made everything right, I think.

My specs:
- Win7 x64 SP1
- 4:3 oldschool monitor with a res. of 1600x1200
- Crosshair IV Formula mainboard
- GeForce GTX 260
- AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
- 12GB DDR3 RAM

Using JPCSP 0.6 svn-2533 x64.

I get the same fullscreen problems with x86 - x64 just runs a bit smoother and I can "overclock" Java settings with JPCSP Launcher (same problems with default JPCSP Launcher settings, x86 & x64). With overclocked Java settings an JPCSP x86 results in JPCSP is crashing. I have Java x86 & x64 and as an example all the Visual++ x86 & x64 from 2005 to 2010 and all the .NET software, updates etc. from microsoft, nvidia and asus.

Problems with Fullscreen enabled, it's Fullscreen but:
1. It's flickering/flashing all the time (changing between pixelated and great graphics), I mean real flashing (light on/off non-stop), not just "edge flickering" of 3d models (which vanish after a map change)
2. The resolution switches between 2 resolutions (not a FS resolution at all), ca. between 1x and 2x at every flashing in the lower-left corner of the fullscreen. The real colored PSP picture is not fullscreen in any of those conditions, always smaller than windowed 3x resolution, but inside a full black screen.

I don't get any freezing black screen, I can start the game, load, could play, just with those flashing and resolution change bugs. It's unplayable and I'm a bit frustrated now, because fullscreen seem to work for others.

And I can play flawlessly with 3x + windowed + Native! It's almost the full width on my 1600x1200 desktop resolution. Other resolutions, equal if fullscreen or windowed, are resulting in a freezing black fullscreen. Which is a bit confusing, because windowed resolutions should not end in a fullscreen, or?

All settings are default, except for..

Display:
- checked "Start JPCSP in Full-Screen..."
- Native resolution (no AA)

Media:
- checked "Media Engine"
- checked "Decode audio files..." (SonicStage is installed)

Video:
- checked "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" ***
- all other options unchecked (I tried various combinations, all with the same bugged fullscreen results)

*** result in better graphics (normally with flickering of edges, but not always), equal if on or off the problems remain and the great effect of the this option gets deactivated mostly after I changed the map. Sometimes it's 100% perfect, looks great, no flickering of edges and max. FPS, then after a map or talking scene it's getting pixelated again. This stays until I deactivate "Enable saving GE screen to Textures...", restart JPCSP and activate it again on gameplay.

BTW, Fullscreen works like it should in 1.) Software Mode, but it's too slow and some graphically glitches are visible. And 2.) if I activate "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" ingame. It's not flickering and max width, like 16:9 at a 4:3 monitor, until I change the map, as I said before. Sometimes it just starts flickering of egdes and later

Here are some screenshots for comparison.

1.) Fullscreen in perfect mode (activating "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" ingame, with anisotropic deactivated even without those lines)
[Image: pic1xi.th.png]

2.) & 3.) The resolution jumps back and forth between 2 resolutions and the good graphics are gone.
[Image: pic3hp.th.png]
[Image: pic2aj.th.png]

What can I do or is there any way to fix this? Can anybody else reproduce this problem? I would appreciate any help on this topic, because I'm a bit helpless now. Cool would be too, if the "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" option stays active, I just would play 3x windowed if that is possible. ^^ Really looks great with it!

PS. Two questions besides:

1.) Is there a way to keep the "3x" setting under "Options > Video > Resize" ?

2.) Is there a way to force more than 30 FPS, because I only get 30 FPS max., seems like this is the default FPS value, or? Just want it a bit faster if this is possible.

Greetings from Berlin and thanks in advance for any help!

That's the exact issue I've experiencing this whole time.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Windows 7 64 bit sp1/ intel core i7/ ATI mobility radeon hd 5730 2gb ram/ memory: 4 gb ram/ catalyst version: 11.10