This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You dont have to have psp to play games on this emulator
I don't tend to place blame on ppl who unknowingly don't understand Intellectual Laws but maybe y'all should study the ACTA law a little slightly closer, A little hard to swallow i know, but making a "copy" of a umd or ps2 game is in fact breaking the law, so in fact we're all pirates here. The ACTA Law doesn't see it as of personal use, this to protect corporations. If it's a copy,then it's just that "Illegal"...
acta also wasn't passed yet. it's also europe-only. its american counterpart, sopa was rejected last i checked.
(11-14-2011, 12:01 PM)bugmenot Wrote:
(11-14-2011, 11:48 AM)digiadventures Wrote:
(11-13-2011, 10:29 PM)hyakki Wrote: since the likely-hood of someone just borrowing a psp and buying the game is very unlikely.
Exactly same thing happened with ps2,I got tons of ps2 games which I kept after selling it..and which I now play on pcsx2 Big Grin

Which is actually illegal on states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_...ted_States

Though you need someone who care enough about it to make a fuss, just don't mention that fact on pcsx2 official forum if you don't want your thread closed. :p

Wrong, pcsx2 has a plug-in to let you play ps2 games from your hard-drive,
Making sure The plugin is pointing to the correct driver.
(02-14-2012, 12:04 AM)serio Wrote: acta also wasn't passed yet. it's also europe-only. its american counterpart, sopa was rejected last i checked.

ACTA was passed and The U.S signed it btw;
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-acta-has-passed
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/...accord.ars
And it's not just europe-only...
I like this place btw, you ppl are funny. Don't even know the correct term for Pirate...look, your making a copy of a umd from a half dollar size cd for a psp to play on a laptop or tower correct?, what do you think "copy" means?...you don't have to "share it", for it to be considered Pirated...
and it doesn't have to leave your possession to be considered "not" Pirated BC it's still a "copy".....So there for, all-in-all it's still considered an .ISO whether the mods like it or not...
so it passed in usa then. didn't in most of europe, most of the countries are wary of signing something that stinks of totalitarian control as badly as it.
(02-14-2012, 12:37 AM)serio Wrote: so it passed in usa then. didn't in most of europe, most of the countries are wary of signing something that stinks of totalitarian control as badly as it.

Yeah kinda stinks don't it?, I don't like it 1 bit we should be able to make as many copies of our stuff as we please and not be labeled for it. Such as Pirate lol. It's like. oh no i made a copy of a game to play it on a emulator I'm considered a pirate now, even if i did go buy it.
it's been like that since long ago.

i remember when they tried to make recording things on the casette tapes/vcr tapes as piracy too.
(02-14-2012, 12:16 AM)digihax Wrote:
(11-13-2011, 10:29 PM)hyakki Wrote: since the likely-hood of someone just borrowing a psp and buying the game is very unlikely.
Exactly same thing happened with ps2,I got tons of ps2 games which I kept after selling it..and which I now play on pcsx2 Big Grin

Though you need someone who care enough about it to make a fuss, just don't mention that fact on pcsx2 official forum if you don't want your thread closed. :p

So? It's actually illegal to own a copy of PS2 BIOS if you don't have physical PS2.
(02-14-2012, 06:31 AM)bugmenot Wrote:
(02-14-2012, 12:16 AM)digihax Wrote:

So? It's actually illegal to own a copy of PS2 BIOS if you don't have physical PS2.

And...
i guess if you didn't dump your bios back then, you're playing the games illegally.

unlike the psp whose firmware is freely downloadable from the ps website, the ps2 bios was console-only, so getting it from anywhere but your console was illegal.
no actually if they RE'd the BIOS of ps2 from scratch Sony could do nothing to stop them (except maybe with underhanded tactics), it's just that pcsx2 dev decided not to do that.