This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You dont have to have psp to play games on this emulator
On a couple of topics I saw some people mention unless you have psp and play games on this emulator you are a pirate.
I strongly disagree with this view.
I think not having psp and playing psp games on this emulator is not piracy in any way. Where did you people come with that idea ? As long as you bought the games,you dont have to have psp to stay completely legal. All you have to do is borrow psp from somebody you know so you can transfer the games you own and legaly bought to your pc ( I am not sure,but I dont think you can transfer the games without psp )
Actually owning psp is not required
To play commercial games you need to own a psp, you need a psp to transfer the game to the pc, and borrowing a psp is out of the question since its placing the software in another users possession (IE you can't install your PC games on another persons computer with only one serial number), and lets say you get a game from PSN (Eboot.pbp) to play that on Jpcsp you will need a psp to decrypt it and transfer it back to the PC.

Edit:
If we find out someone doesn't own the game and a psp then no devs | user is going to willingly "Aid and Abet" that user.

The dev's spend alot of time coding Jpcsp and they rely on proper debug logs and maybe some actual psp data in some rare cases, patched or modified games can also give false info further breaking Jpcsp and wasting their time.

If you want to use homebrew only games on Jpcsp then a psp isn't required.
You are saying if I buy the game,and use my friends psp to decrypt it and transfer it to my pc,and after that I deleted the game from his psp so he cant play it,it still illegal ?
I say you are mistaken...
that way of thinking, no matter how logical it might sound is still not what the laws and legal documents say though.
(11-13-2011, 01:44 PM)serio Wrote: that way of thinking, no matter how logical it might sound is still not what the laws and legal documents say though.

This is exactly why I started the thread,I dont get why you think laws say what I said is illegal. I would like a link or something. As far as I know its illegal to pirate game - play them if you didnt buy them
I have never heard its illegal to do what I am talking here
since JPCSP doesn't need bios/firmware to function I see what you mean, and I also don't know any law that prevent him from transferring the game's iso using his friend's psp as long as he have the game.
Well in a way it does since some games only look / play right with the psp fonts, and you can't legally take them off another persons psp.

I just know it's a forum/jpcsp rule and forums / software can have usage rules even if something is legal and I think its perfectly a good rule since the likely-hood of someone just borrowing a psp and buying the game is very unlikely.
if you don't like that example take Connectix Virtual Game Station, the software didn't require a psx , but sony got mad ...long story short it got shut down.
(11-13-2011, 10:29 PM)hyakki Wrote: since the likely-hood of someone just borrowing a psp and buying the game is very unlikely.

When I sell any gaming system,I usually keep the games,because people are not willing to give much more money for used games.
So in this case I got all my psp games sitting around untill I found jpcsp and I was very happy Smile
So as you can see it might be unlikely but it can happen Wink
Exactly same thing happened with ps2,I got tons of ps2 games which I kept after selling it..and which I now play on pcsx2 Big Grin
(11-14-2011, 11:48 AM)digiadventures Wrote:
(11-13-2011, 10:29 PM)hyakki Wrote: since the likely-hood of someone just borrowing a psp and buying the game is very unlikely.
Exactly same thing happened with ps2,I got tons of ps2 games which I kept after selling it..and which I now play on pcsx2 Big Grin

Which is actually illegal on states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_...ted_States

Though you need someone who care enough about it to make a fuss, just don't mention that fact on pcsx2 official forum if you don't want your thread closed. :p
(11-14-2011, 12:01 PM)bugmenot Wrote:
(11-14-2011, 11:48 AM)digiadventures Wrote:

Which is actually illegal on states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_...ted_States

Though you need someone who care enough about it to make a fuss, just don't mention that fact on pcsx2 official forum if you don't want your thread closed. :p

I dont think even what I am doing with pcsx2 is illegal,because when I first tried it it was long ago and I did dump the bios from ps2 I owned at that time Smile